1. Unfortunately The Project Meditation Community Forum is no longer active. Although registration and the creation of new posts not possible, you can still read and search the forum...

If you are unable to find what you are looking for within the Project Meditation Community please check out our new Blog and/or our Facebook page.

EnlightenQ

Discussion in 'Meditation Chatter Box' started by Mr Monkey, Oct 5, 2010.

1. Ouroboros

Ouroboros Member

It's hard to keep my natural skepticism in check on this one. I remain open-minded, and won't make a judgment until the 5th...

But I'll be really disappointed if it isn't EXACTLY everything Michael says it will be.

2. Panthau

Panthau Member

I guess if you drop your expectations, you´re enlightened :D

3. GilesC

GilesC Member

I would expect to be disappointed then. There is no such thing as a magic silver bullet. If it were simply a case of "do this simple X (i.e. listen to this CD) and become enlightened" then such things would a) have been discovered many moons ago and b) be racing around the world changing everything for the better as we speak (plus if Michael had truly enlightened himself he wouldn't be marketing it, he'd just pass it on freely to everyone to heal the world - no offence intended to Michael there ;) ).

I'm sure it will be wonderful, whatever it is, but I'm also sure it will require some work on our part.

Let's wait and see. ;)

Hugs

Giles

4. chris-da-fur

chris-da-fur Member

From what Micheal just sent us about EnlightenQ, it sounds similar to the Sedona Method and the Release Technique, which makes me very excited!

5. Midnight

Midnight Member

Very good points Giles,

However, how do we know that we've discovered everything there is to know about "methods" to attain enlightenment?

On another note, I think the marketing is to grab people's attention. For example, I know that meditation and eastern philosophy works for me, and I try to pass it on to others. I talk about benefits like peace, and joy, and not thinking too much.

The truth is these things don't really matter to people in their current state of mind because they don't see how it directly ties in to them getting exactly what they want. Sure, peace and joy sounds great, but will it get them the material things they desire?

But that is how my journey started. I wouldn't have gotten into meditation if I didn't have a personal stake in it. Only later did I realize I never needed the things I wanted and they could never offer anything above a temporary mental high.

I agree though - Whatever it is, it will require some work and time on the part of the users. I'm actually interested what sort of effect it will have on myself, personally.

6. Karmoh

Karmoh Member

As a meditator I strive for non-dualistic harmony in my life.

Yet I still grasp at contemporary experimental elements that are marketed at me to become awakened………….who am I kidding? ;):)

7. Ouroboros

Ouroboros Member

It's not so much about it being a magic bullet - Michael hasn't stated there won't be any work involved, and I'm not expecting instant enlightenment. But you spelled out my problem with this right there in your post. If this isn't going to truly bring people to enlightenment, then the marketing is dishonest.

Like I said, I'm trying to remain open-minded and am perfectly willing to give Michael a chance to prove himself. This isn't about his project, it's about how he's marketing it. If he can back up the claims, no problem.

We'll find out in a couple of weeks either way. ;) And right before my birthday, too!

And, for the record...it's not my intent to attack Michael in any way. I'm just stating my reservations based on what I have to go on. I actually really hope this is everything he says and more...because the timing couldn't be more synchronous.

8. Panthau

Panthau Member

Anyway, i doubt that there can be something which enlightens you, without YOU doing inner purification first. Where should your burried emotions go? Who instead of you could feel them, to free them?

So, instant enlightemend... who knows, Eckhart Tolle showed its possible. But it would mess up the whole "learning" effect of humanity, if there is one.

9. rutart

rutart Member

I didn't see anything about "instant enlightenment" ...can you point me to that page please?

I saw a message that "The world will soon be enlightened" if that's what you mean?

If you look in the google dictionary for "Enlighten", it actually says:

- Give (someone) greater knowledge and understanding about a subject or situation
    - Give (someone) spiritual knowledge or insight
    - Illuminate or make clearer (a problem or area of study)
    - Shed light on (an object)

Synonyms:

illuminate, illumine, light, educate, elucidate, inform

Michael always gave more than i expected and i have high expectations again :D:D:D

10. Panthau

Panthau Member

I was replying in general to the discussion here, not exactly to the promotion from Michael.

Atb,
    Pan

11. ChilliPeppa

ChilliPeppa Guest

I'm very curious/expectant. Things are changing extremely rapidly these days, very very fast all over the world, so for me scepticism is out the door. I'm open to anything new and positive.

12. Julie1228

Julie1228 New Member

Marketing Missteps

Siva, I totally get what you were saying about the marketing being a little over the top. I, myself, didn't mistake your critique of the marketing as being a dis on the products/service. People are so often promised that one face cream, one positive thinking program, etc. is going to be THE answer to everything. This is what makes many recoil in disbelief. Will be curious, however, to learn what the 5th will bring us.

13. jada

jada Member

enlighten Q

hi guys, just want to know what exactly this is. will it be similar to lifeflow? i m very interested/curious:confused:

thanks

david

14. Panthau

Panthau Member

No one knows so far, except Michael and his team. We´ll see on 5th November :)

15. Ouroboros

Ouroboros Member

Despite my skepticism, I can't help but be excited. Michael's latest promotional email was quite tantalizing. I really look forward to seeing what he's got up his sleeve this time. He sure knows how to generate anticipation!

5 more days... =\

16. Panthau

Panthau Member

Its part of my personality, that im excited too - always looking for "things" outside, which help me inside. The good thing about that is, that i recognize it slowly... its already there, inside. :)

17. Itlandm

Itlandm Member

Teaching people meditation seems rather self-defeating from a business perspective, since people who meditate regularly tend to not be very excitable and needy. :)

But there are millions of other people in the world.

18. Mr Monkey

Mr Monkey Member

Some food for thought (for me at least……)

Also….

Whilst this fits with what I personally perceive an enlightened person would do, it does seem to conflict with a certain Mr E Tolle’s activities, but yet he seems to be deemed enlightened :confused:

Oh well, all will be revealed soon enough I guess - although I suspect we may get reminder email :rolleyes:

3 days and 20 odd hours to go :eek: :) :D

19. Karmoh

Karmoh Member

The fishers of men they wave their truth like bait :)

20. Itlandm

Itlandm Member

When I see someone publicly aspiring to surpass Jesus Christ and Shakyamuni Buddha combined, my immediate reaction is "...and pigs will fly!"

That does not stop me from riding their coat tails if they actually have anything of worth to share.

(In all fairness, Jesus Christ did say outright that his followers would do greater "works" than he did, a word commonly used about miracles. So do your best!)