1. Unfortunately The Project Meditation Community Forum is no longer active. Although registration and the creation of new posts not possible, you can still read and search the forum...

If you are unable to find what you are looking for within the Project Meditation Community please check out our new Blog and/or our Facebook page.

EnlightenQ

Discussion in 'Meditation Chatter Box' started by Mr Monkey, Oct 5, 2010.

1. Panthau

Panthau Member

Had a much different meditation this morning. I was so focused on my mantra, that it felt like sleeping, but without beeing asleep. Dont know if the Q practice helped with this, dont know if this is useful anyway . lol

2. hawk711

hawk711 Member

Q Exercise versus Mantra

In the Q exercise, which for me works wonders, Michael says that the whole point is to get to the point of silence. If that's true and it works, what do you get from the Mantra Exercise that is different/more/deeper/longer whatever than you get from the tibetan bowl? I've edited the Q exercise to get rid of a lot of the extraneous talk, which helps. I've also used it with Lifeflow (works especially well for me with Lifeflow 7).:)

3. Mr Monkey

Mr Monkey Member

Hi,

With the EnlightenQ exercise I get a feeling of focus but my mind really seems to want to fight it by creating sound/images and throwing in more thoughts. As soon as I notice that things are much quieter and peaceful, and then my mind seems to say "Ha! I see what you’re trying to do - have this!" and starts throwing things over the background of the stillness :eek:, which is very distracting (although I do my best just to watch it rather than get annoyed or attached to any of it).

The severity of the disruption varies, but it’s never gone for very long at all. I just wondered if anyone else had this type of experience?

Thanks,
    Paul

4. KeithP

KeithP Member

Yes pretty much the same though I can now say that the internal dialogue is slowly starting to fade more into the background. It is still there but fainter, further away.

I believe that it is simply a case of continuing with the exercise with patience and perseverance. From the lack of entries on the forum regarding progress in Enlighten Q we can be pretty certain that everyone is in the same boat.

Good luck and best wishes,
    Keith

5. Panthau

Panthau Member

Have you checked out already CD4, which only contains the bowl sound? No need to edit CD2 :)

Atb,
    Pan

6. soulvids

soulvids Member

Actually, the point of the Q exercise is to fatigue the mind which would make your personal unique feeling/sensation more apparent. Once you've identified and become more familiar with this feeling, you'll be able to call it up by simply remembering what it feels like. In actuality, it's alway present but masked behind the barrage of mental activity.

The Q Technique on the other hand is a more intense mental fatique that will instantly call up that feeling and allow you to remain within the stillness of this sensation for longer periods of time.

7. Hazelkay

Hazelkay Member

experiences with the Q exercise

Have been practising with the Q exercise for nearly a month now and thought I'd post my experiences. These are only my experiences and not given as any advice on how to proceed or what to expect.
    I have been practising Vipassana meditation since 1990 and have meditated with all the levels of Lifeflow using Vipassana as my practice.
    I am female and in my 60's with a few bodily diseases which give constant pain which comes into high awareness when I am meditating.

The first few times with the exercise were quite challenging, even after using CD5 to relax. I seemed to gather tension with the focussed listening until I learned the trick of allowing the body to relax whilst keeping the mind strongly focussed. I did this by returning to the deep breath in and slowly out that Michael teaches in CD2 whenever I felt tension creeping up in the body. I use CD2 every once in a while but mainly practise with CD4.

The 'feeling sensation' I get is now settled as a feeling of openness around the solar plexus, a soft buzzing vibration over the whole body (though the usual hard sensations are still there underneath) and a soft white light which seems to be in the area behind the eyes and at the top of my head. The mind is very calm and still, but with the occasional thought that drifts by.
    I can recall this sensation in the supermarket queue, while washing up or walking by the river very easily by taking a deep breath in and letting it out slowly while relaxing.

I feel ready to start the next stage - feeling excited and a little apprehensive!

8. Panthau

Panthau Member

Great, cant wait to hear how its going with the Q practice itself for you :)

9. Mr Monkey

Mr Monkey Member

Thanks Keith, good to know others are having the same experiences - good luck to you too :)

Cheers, Paul