1. Unfortunately The Project Meditation Community Forum is no longer active. Although registration and the creation of new posts not possible, you can still read and search the forum...

If you are unable to find what you are looking for within the Project Meditation Community please check out our new Blog and/or our Facebook page.

EnlightenQ

Discussion in 'Meditation Chatter Box' started by Mr Monkey, Oct 5, 2010.

1. Panthau

Panthau Member

Hey guys (or girls),

Thats a though question, in the way that my words could create a picture in your head, and that picture could replace your true experience. I can tell you about how it feels for me, but you will have no doubt, if you are really there.

For me it feels like heaviness, calmness and as if im totaly centered in my being. A loss of disturbing thoughts. The shift occurs suddenly, from one second to another. When im there, i stay there for a while, sometimes im intensifying it through even more focusing, and then i just turn off the sound on my iphone, and turn LF on and meditate. This interruption doesnt brake the silence for me.
    Well, almost silence, there are still thoughts but they dont touch me that much.

It happens only if im focused (listening), but i can stop listening after the shift occured, and i will stay there for at least a few minutes, if i keep my eyes closed. No, its not audible for me.

Yes you are listening for the sound which just disappeared into silence. Its like sitting as a cat in front of the mousehole, waiting for the mouse to appear. Just very focused.

The great thing with that is, that it ALWAYS works, at least for me. I slip into such a deep "now" that i can barely describe it. Yesterday i had suddenly the thoughts that "healing" occurs in this zone of perception or awareness. Its just great.

Hope you guys get there asap :)

LOL

Atb,
    Pan

Last edited: Nov 16, 2010
  2. IanT

IanT Member

Soulvids & Panthau,

Thanks very much. Hopefully us wannabe's can glean something from your graphic description. As Michael says, everyone is different, some taking minutes and others taking months. . .

Going to chill with the Q CD4 (failing that there is a very bad Vortex nearby . . . and it's Quiz Night tonight :D)

bfn

Ian (guy lol)

3. soulvids

soulvids Member

I'll keep at it. Support also advised not to be in a rush to get the sensation because that it takes time to lay down the new neural pathways. That said, I will likely suspend my normal meditation practice as I want to avoid the new pathways crossing or conflicting with my other practice.

The different meditation methods i've practiced over the years all advise against using other methods concurrently probably for the same reason that I just explained.

4. Panthau

Panthau Member

Yogani recently told me that less is more, because im someone who sticks his head in 10.000 different things at the same time, all the time lol.
    So yeah, sticking with one practice is suggested from most systems.

Maybe i get easier there because i meditated nearly 2 years with LF? Who knows.
    Patience was never one of my strenghts, i always want it all and NOW :)

5. chris-da-fur

chris-da-fur Member

One thing that immediately helped me was turning the volume down on the q exercise track, before I did that it was too obvious when the gong stopped and the shift to a lack of any gong was way too abrupt, I don't know if that happens to anyone else?
    What ended up happening was, when the gong faded out my mind just went "hmm okay now the gong has obviously stopped, and I'm supposed to be listening for it? This is silly, its obviously not there, etc etc." So I ended up having to trick my own mind into listening to silence and it made it very difficult, but when I turned it down so that the volume level ran out before the gong in the mp3 track, it made me focus more on hearing it, and it seems to go on forever and blend with silence without any trace of when it goes away and ends up tricking my mind for me, which is a million times more useful seeing as my mind is the most stubborn tool when it comes to this kind of stuff!

Just a random note of my findings so far, hope it helps someone!

-Chris

P.S- anyone had any buried emotions come up using this? I have for sure :eek:

6. Karmoh

Karmoh Member

Hi Chris,
    Yes I found that too. I have the volume extremely low, one notch from off. This allows me to enjoy the silence and not be startled we the singing bowl chimes.

Peace :)

7. Panthau

Panthau Member

Thanks for the tip Chris, i found the abrupt end of the sound also a little
    disturbing in the beginning, although i got used to it.

Edit: Today i had a bit trouble getting totaly into the Q state with the Q practice, as i had constant mindchatter. That was great, as i could relate to those, who cant focus very well. Still my meditation benefited greatly from the Q practice.

Another tip to get successfully to the meditative state, that can be reached with the Q state is, is to get "one" with the listening. If everything else fades out, theres only the listening left, the total 100% focus. I guess thats not easy for someone who just begun, but i also guess, we have to be patient with ourselfs :)

Last edited: Nov 17, 2010
  8. Hazelkay

Hazelkay Member

emotions

Hi Chris,

I also found turning the volume right down was much better as there is no longer a distinct cessation of sound or a startle response when the gong recommences.

Emotions do come up strongly for me - I find after a few shifts into silence the next session is sometimes very challenging in terms of body sensations and agitated mind. I find just accepting what is works, and the session after is usually fine - till the next time!

After a bit of a rocky ride, I go back to using CD5 before my Q practice session.

It's all better out than in!
    love
    H

9. Loran

Loran Member

I hope nobody mind a Noob jump in to comment. :) I have a few points to share. What I first found out with EnlightenQ, was nothing short of a rapture of NOW Mind. I hope that experession will work in english.. Later on, a few days in, my mind or ego abruptly put a change on that. Not favored at all. I felt it said "NOooooooooo! What the h**k are you doing?" I just continued ofcourse, ignoring that kind of fear and now I am so amazed that it works every time, if I am not sleepy, thats the only exeption. Maybe a tip for some regarding the silence at the end of the tone, I tricked my mind, so to say, by understanding that the silence is ALWAYS there, no matter how much sound or noise is actually there. So I listen to both the tone and the silence at the same time, and then... no sound, just silence. I find it helpful sometimes, when the mind just love to "sabotage" a session, to visualise the sound as a stripe going smaller and smaller. If somebody is of "visual mind", as I am, that could help as well.

10. Karmoh

Karmoh Member

Me Myself and the Universe

Hi All,

I must be missing something as I find it impossible to listen/relax to CD5 "Me Myself and the Universe" :confused:
    Personally I find there is too much going on, too quickly, by the time I have imagined the blue light in my centre, the orator is out there in the universe. :) Even the relaxation section at the beginning is too much talk.

Oh well, I’ve discovered that I’m not in to the guide stuff, seems a waste though.

Any thoughts on what I’m doing wrong?

Peace :)

11. soulvids

soulvids Member

That exercise isnt very effective for me either. I'm unable to find the point from which peace originates during the body scan. It kind of nullifies the rest of the track. I inquired about this with support but they never replied.

12. jerelynp

jerelynp Member

I'm not sure if I've found this feeling/sensation yet or not, partly because I'm familiar with quite a lot of different feelings/sensations that I can play with to amuse myself. I can't tell if it's the "right one" or not. It is somewhat new, I'll grant it that ("heavy" and "still") are good words for it, but I don't have to stop mindchatter to instantly switch into it. I can have conversations, do my job, write this post, etc., while part of my mind is more still and quiet. In fact, it makes doing those things easier.

Does that mean it's the wrong feeling/sensation, if I can function while I'm in it? *scratch head*

And yeah, that idea that you can focus on the silence even when their is noise is something I've stumbled across with the exercise.

There's no doubt that the exercise has led me to some fun new experiences, but I'm at a loss at whether they qualify for me to continue to the technique.

13. Panthau

Panthau Member

Great tipps Loran, thanks :)

14. jerelynp

jerelynp Member

This. :) I found I had to learn this trick pretty early, because there are all sorts of environmental noises present, including the "white noise" the track itself produces even when it is silent.

This is fairly similar to what I've encountered with the exercise...particularly the heaviness. When you say "loss of disturbing thoughts", do you specifically mean disturbing thoughts, aka, not necessarily all thoughts?

/digressing-backstory-on

Over the years, although I haven't meditated in the classic sense, I've done a fair bit of...something. My mind was usually pretty busy, so I'll call it visualization. Anyhow, I've triggered various feeling/sensations, from "ooh, tingly warm fuzzies all over!" to "yeesh, have I learned how to spontaneously trigger an orgasm?". It can be just my head and shoulders. Or just my hands. Or starting from the base of my spine like a lightening bolt. Or a diffuse all-over feeling. They've rarely had a mental component, though, just physical. Point is, I have no idea if what I'm experiencing is the right feeling/sensation, because I'm always stumbling across new variations of the "tinglies" (for lack of a better word). This one is one of the first with a mental/emotional component. And the physical component is very very subtle, usually centered around my head. It's not too dissimilar from a trick I learned recently: how to drop all emotion during an argument. After years of getting my buttons push, I randomly stumbled across a way to just pull up just the right "tinglies" and in their aftermath I find I'm no longer actually angry/upset/etc. But that was, mmm, centered around my chest more.

....huh. Say, I wonder if that, being emotional, was a case of doing something with my heart chakra. Whereas this new mental state is, well, my third-eye chakra. Huh. I haven't paid attention to chakras in a very very long time, but the combination of the location of the sensation with the nature of the non-physical component is right in line with what little I know. HUH.

/backstory-rambling-off

So what I'm curious about is...if I am capable of functioning whilst in this feeling/sensation, does that disqualify it from being the one we're seeking? Because while I can slip into that calm/heavy/silent place that the exercise showed me, it doesn't preclude me from talking to someone or writing an email or working on a bit of code. It *does* help me do that task with less mindclutter, which is neat-o. :D

I've been assuming that the place the exercise takes us to is "no good" unless it's a place where our mind is empty. Is that a correct assumption?

15. chris-da-fur

chris-da-fur Member

Same here! I usually just end up picking my stomach area because thats the only place I feel anything at all, but most of the time I just am totally zoned out by the time the track gets there, the beginning part puts me to sleep lol.

Also I find it overwhelming to imagine the light spreading all over the neighborhood and stuff, like what viewpoint am I viewing from, high above in 3rd person, or ground level? but then my plane of vision is small and I can't possibly watch the blue light go everywhere... woe is me haha :rolleyes:

16. Edwin

Edwin Member

That's the trouble with imagination. Don't make an imaginary chris-da-fur action figure that you can play with from a distance, BE chris-da-fur.
    You should see it radiating from yourself.

And when the blue light radiates from you, feel the light eminating from you as if you have a blue sun inside you.
    And trying to imagine that the light reaches everywhere is an impossible task for the mind, because it can't imagine infinity. That's the whole idea of the excercise, to transcend mind. Try to be the light and feel it everywhere instead of seeing it. Maybe that will help.

17. soulvids

soulvids Member

I just received this from support:

This is something you have to "discover", not go seeking in places you're already familiar with using. A body scan is just that; it's a scan. It's gliding through the body and noticing what is there to be noticed. The difference in feeling may be subtle or it may be very pronounced. It won't always feel exactly the same way each time, either. It will change, shift and flow, just as everything else in life changes, shifts and flows. If you can find no sensation of peace that is more prominent in any one spot, then you may use the body as a whole as being filled with peace and start moving out from there. However, you should not be looking in old, familiar places because that's where you think it ought to be. Do the same old things, you'll get the same old results. There is nothing new to be learned or experienced in that way.

18. pollyanna

pollyanna Moderator

Hi there Karmoh and Chris, I think Edwin has given a great suggestion. I was just about to do the Q exercise now prior to LifeFlow but will listen to C.D.5 before I do to see if I can offer any tips later :)

Soulvids, I notice you posted that support hasn't replied to one of your questions - rest assured, they certainly will. I have never seen this stated in all the years I've been here. They probably have an overload of support to deal with because of a new product. Michael has stated somewhere that EnlightenQ is no longer available until sometime next year because they want to fully support the people who have it now :)

I've noticed in a couple of other posts (cannot remember where they are) that a few people are wondering how to incorporate the Q exercise with LifeFlow and which is the best?

Here are some notes I have kept for anyone who may be asking these kind of questions:-

The all-important element of the Q technique is that its progress is driven by immediate feedback so you’re never left wondering if you’re performing it correctly or not. You will absolutely know, all the time. It will become second nature to you. You will have exposed yourself so often to the effect the Q Exercise generates that you will begin to see that same experience in other areas of your life all the time. Maybe you walk along a beach, look out at the waves with the sun beginning to settle down on the horizon, and suddenly you notice the exact same marker appearing that occurs when you practice the Q Exercise. You recognize it, and you slide into it if you choose to, just as you do when practicing the exercise. You are going to begin seeing these moments occurring all throughout your life, and you will recognize them for what they are. Furthermore, you'll begin to realize as this starts happening more and more, that these moments have always, always, always been there. You just didn't recognize them for what they were. Now, because of all your practice, they become quite numerous and obvious.

When you have reached the point where you begin to see these moments all around you, all the time and can slip into them at will, just as in the Q Exercise, you've attained mastery of the exercise and can move on to the Q Technique with full confidence of success.

LifeFlow entrainment on the other hand is not a meditation technique although it does have benefits all of it's own outside of meditation. LifeFlow has been created as an amazing aid to greatly enhance and stabalise specific meditative brainwave states and can be played while using any meditation technique. There are many benefits to be gained by spending a little time in these specific brainwave states. Here is a link to the various benefits:- http://www.project-meditation.org/c...ct-meditation/22-brainwave-states.html#post38
    When you move onto the Q technique you’ll be using the Q technique in conjunction with a form of mantra meditation and then, as you play LifeFlow you will begin to experience all the extra benefits from the various levels.

I am doing the Q exercise separately to LifeFlow at the moment because of the exercise of listening for the sound of the tibetan singing bowl or the echo coming accross the lake although I am considering playing LifeFlow over speakers with the soundscape turned down while I do the extended practice -in the next day or two.

Hope this is of help to anyone and wish you much peace and joy :) :) :)

19. chris-da-fur

chris-da-fur Member

whoops:eek:

Definitely clears it up for me though, thanks for posting!

20. Edge83

Edge83 Member

I am familiar with this- it is a trick of your brain that the breathing is somehow going to distract you from listening or overshadow the sound.. it is also a state of 'trying' to listen. I am pretty confident you will find that if you.. this is a little hard to describe in words-- breath 'into' the sound, the feeling that as you breathe the sound is expanding with the breath, you may find you actually hear it more clearly and follow it more deeply.

Holding breath is generally a sign that you are 'trying' to do it right and not letting go.