1. Unfortunately The Project Meditation Community Forum is no longer active. Although registration and the creation of new posts not possible, you can still read and search the forum...

If you are unable to find what you are looking for within the Project Meditation Community please check out our new Blog and/or our Facebook page.

EnlightenQ

Discussion in 'Meditation Chatter Box' started by Mr Monkey, Oct 5, 2010.

1. Mr Monkey

Mr Monkey Member

Hi all,

I guess like most of you guys I recieved an email about this. I signed up for it without knowing much about it (only watching the youtube vid) but I didn't follow the actions to reveal the 'secret page'.

It makes some pretty big claims - just wondered if anyone had any insider knowledge they could share to quench some of my curiosity before the 5th Nov!

Thanks a plenty :),
    Paul

2. Midnight

Midnight Member

I wanted to post a thread on the exact same thing. These are pretty mighty claims, even from someone who I have no reason to doubt. I'm actually very interested in what this could possibly be.

3. IanT

IanT Member

Where I come from 5 November is Bonfire Night. . . ! Sorry for being sceptical but I did wonder whether this was some sort of hoax/virus?
    Assuming it is legitimate, does it cost in addition to LF subscription?

4. siva

siva Member

Yes, I do agree with Midnight. The claims seem very high.
    Frankly, when I looked through the marketing for LifeFlow, my initial thought was that it was bogus. However, LifeFlow has been effective for me.
    So, EnlightenQ might be following the same marketing stragety.

I'm not a big fan of Michael's marketing strategy. High claims, even though true, may look like bogus to people. There are many such bogus claims in this world. This is one of the reasons I'm unable to convince some of my friends to try out LifeFlow.

Perhaps a change in marketing strategy, or differing stragety for differing populations would work better for people who don't already know Michael's work?

Siva

5. Edwin

Edwin Member

I know Michael for more than 3 years now, and I have been surprised by him on several occasions. Even tho the marketing that Michael follows is soooooooooo typically American ( and he has been born and raised in Scotland for crying out loud :p ) I think he deserves some slack from us, those who have seen a change for the better in our lives thanks to his work.

Just think, this one guy has changed most of our lives. That is a big thing !

People DO feel better just like he promised thanks to meditation with LifeFlow.
    And he just keeps on providing bonus tracks free of charge for all of us forum members. Even those who haven't purchased LifeFlow yet.

So, like I said, let's give Michael the benefit of the doubt for now. I am pretty sure that his claims aren't unfunded.

6. Panthau

Panthau Member

Haha, great advertising! As always :)

Im pretty sure we wont be enlightened over night. :)
    But maybe its something, that will enhance Lifeflow.

7. Ras

Ras Member

I agree with those of you who think the marketing is over the top...Just like it has always been with LF as well.

If it wasnt for the free sample of LF10 I would have never tried it... I really hope there is some sort of free trial for whatever EnlightenQ is as well, otherwise a lot of reasonable people will just look at it and consider it bogus.

8. rutart

rutart Member

Hello everyone :)

I am already 2 years with Michael Mackenzie and having great benefits with his products. I am new on the community because i never felt like i needed to post anything. Since that time i ve received no marketing emails, except support, Michael's news letter and of course invitation to download amazing free tracks such as "Midnight express" and "Peace and Harmony" So i think that Michael's marketing is not pushy at all compared to what i ve experienced with others.
    I ve got an email like everybody here with invitation to see the website with Michael's new project EnlightenQ, followed all instructions, shared with some of my closest friends from my contact list, then i was automatically transferred into the page with a bit info about what it is. There is nothing about actual product, but information there gave me some understanding on what Michael is working on. And i can't wait when more information will be available. I am open minded but very careful with scams and bogus things. Lets look at this with "eyes of newborn baby" with pure perception, pure awareness, pure vision. I am pretty sure Michael will come up soon with something amazing and will give some taste to try before we can make any decisions.

Love to you all :)

9. ShootingStar

ShootingStar Member

Knowing Michael's way of marketing, I don't think this is bogus at all. To be brutally honest, the youtube video just made me even more curious about this entire new project. I can't wait to see what is it all about. :D

10. siva

siva Member

Great snakes! It was not my intention to put down Michael's work in any way!
    I was merely pointing to the marketing techniques in the web site. To give you a comparison, go to learningstrategies.com and look at their marketing ploy. Although they have some good products, it gets buried under their claims, which almost border hype. Many people I know have shunned away from their products merely because of the wording or the claims or the manner in which they are portrayed.
    My bother is that the same may be happening with Michael's work too: people passing it by as bogus, which we all know is not. We're able to see though it and visualize that there's some good stuff behind it. Others unfamiliar with Michael's work may not be able to see beyond this. I've already seen some comments like this in the internet about EnlightenQ, where people have begun calling it a scam, based on the video.
    I repeat; it was not my intention to put down Michael's work. He deserves the credit of enriching many of us. If I've given hints otherwise, I apologize.

Last edited: Oct 6, 2010
  11. pollyanna

pollyanna Moderator

Perspectives - opinions - advertising - downright lies and truth - there's an abundance of all ;)

Watching the beginning of the EnlightenQ video just reinforced for me how tragic it is that people everywhere have lost touch with their true self - feeling lost and alone, rushing here and there, reacting unconsciously to whatever life throws at them. Some clinging to old hurts and belief systems which have been programmed into them and reinforced all their lives by society, parents and culture.

They have no idea that they are self imprisoned and have access to the key to free themselves ;)

What would you do if you knew where their key was hidden?

Would you be afraid to tell them for what they might think of you?

Would you tell a chosen few or would you shout to everyone from the rooftops?

If you chose not to tell then you would help nobody.

If you chose to tell a few, I'm sure you would receive a mixture of heartfelt thanks, appreciation and some very strong rebuttals.

Now if you chose to shout it from the rooftops you would probably receive a much greater degree of heartfelt thanks, appreciation and still some very strong rebuttals. It's happened this way all through history ...

Marconi’s friends were so worried about him talking about his invention that they locked him up in a mental institute to check if he was insane :eek:
    Yet today, virtually everyone has at least one radio and so many other things we now take for granted.

I agree, Advertising is often abused - The coca cola bottle states "Open Happiness" :rolleyes: however it doesn't state that diet coke contains aspartame which kills :eek:

Cadbury's smash state that it's quick and nutritious, rippling with vitamin c, leaving you raring to go :eek:

And recently Reebok claim you'll tone up your bum and thighs by wearing their new trainers - I can just imagine mums everywhere hoovering their houses in their Reebok's to achieve this :p

No wonder advertising gets a bad name.

I agree with Edwin, Michael has helped thousands of people improve their lives in so many huge ways with both the LifeFlow System and the free course and tracks he gives away. Click on the following link to find just a few of their comments:-

http://www.project-meditation.org/c...ories-lifeflow-meditation-2-0-a.html#post5863

EnlightenQ sounds absolutely intriguing and I am sure November 5th will be a revelation for so many.

I wish you an abundance of peace and joy :) :) :)

12. Midnight

Midnight Member

Michael is trustworthy and so much different than anybody else who runs a business, that's for sure. And I personally trust him even though i've never met him... However, when I heard about how you can receive unlimited joy, and happiness, and such, from EnlightenQ, I was a tiny bit wary because I didn't think anything in this world could provide any of those things besides yourself. But perhaps EnlightenQ will unlock that potential.

I'm actually more interested in exactly what EnlightenQ is. Is it a piece of technology? Is it a self help program? Is it a new way of thinking?

13. ellie76

ellie76 Member

Have a little faith

Oi people, don't be unfair and have a little faith :(. Has Michael ever let you down or hasn't he lived up to his word each and every time he promises something? I'm member of this community 11 months now, and from all I've read (and my personal experience) that's not the case with Michael's work.

Like Rutart I completed the steps and got to the hidden page. Let's follow his advice "and see this thing with the eyes of a newborn baby" (a baby has no criteria to judje the things that sees and perceives, it doesn't know yet the "good and bad" or "right and wrong", the way a baby perceives things is just pure)

Somewhere in the forum somebody asked "who are you Michael McKenzie". Maybe he is archangel Michael in human disguise, or the old wizard Merlyn, or maybe just someone who is really "awake" and is helping others "wake up" too (ok stupid words, but I said have a little faith)

14. Ras

Ras Member

Just like siva I didnt mean to put down Michaels work at all - My point is simply that I know for a fact that a *lot* of people will look at that youtube video, move on, and never look back again... That is no doubt a shame.

A more "realistic" approch to the marketing would be great. Dont make claims such as "you will be enlightend in one day", or whatever it said...

Or as someone suggested maybe do marketing based on location? I dunno if this is the way marketing is normally done in the US but we hardly ever see any of this where I am from (denmark)

15. newyorker

newyorker Member

Awesome Michael!! Have shared with friends and now eager to hear more NY

16. spirit77

spirit77 Member

I am very new to LifeFlow (just finished LF10) and when I watched the EnlightenQ promo I have to say it caused me to pause and wonder what I was getting into. The use of "universal quantifiers" (all people, everyone, etc.) presupposes that 'one size fits all'. Maybe that's not what was said but so much in marketing is left up to the consumer to 'fill in the blanks' with our hopes, dreams and possibilities for "something". It's a "hook" all right.

I personally don't like american-style advertising and I don't know what the strategy is behind marketing EnlightenQ so I am taking a cautious, wait and see attitude. I did not send this out to my contacts because, quite frankly, I don't know what I'm really sending them.

17. Panthau

Panthau Member

Why shouldnt it fit for the majority of people? Lifeflow just leads everyone of us to our own inner truth, to our own inner blockages. Its not a fire-and-forget pill :)

18. enlighteneduk

enlighteneduk Member

Well I havent visited the forum for a long time- so much has been going on this year, and tbh, havent been using lifeflow, not because I don't believe it helps, it most certainly did last year when I was suffering from depression.

This year, have had enough to make me depressed with family illness, business worries due to the recession etc, but just do not seem to have found the time for myself, to be able to stop and meditate.

When Michael sent the email the other day about enlightenQ, I was intrigued. My own equestrian organisation is 'Enlightened Equitation', hence my username here too, and I was intrigued to find out what is behind enlightenedq, hence I popped in here to see if anyone knows!

Yes, the claims do seem a bit over the top- but Michael as others have said, never pushes- heck when I think of the bombarding with emails I have had from other self help gurus, Michael seems very discrete by comparison!- so I await with interest, to see what this new venture is about.

Heather

19. beth

beth Member

I totally get what you r saying polly! In my new job I meet lots of families that would give the first impression of being great or even perfect, then we talk and there are lots of hidden problems :eek: It's really scary sometimes and I wish I could help people more but I don't think they want to know about meditation. I wish I could help them but they will not listen to me. What would you tell them? With love from Beth XXXXXXXXX

20. GilesC

GilesC Member

Hi Beth,

Never believe anyone who says that they don't have any problems/issues. Everyone has got problems or issues. ;)

You can't "tell" people anything, because you'll either be telling them something they already know (in which case they'll think you're being patronising and get defensive) or you'll be telling them something they don't know, have no proof of and in some cases don't understand enough to even start believing you.

All you can do is offer people your knowledge, and then it's up to them to act on that knowledge and prove it for themselves if they choose to do so. Telling people "You should try meditation" is not going to be as effective as saying "I've used some techniques myself to help with similar things, I can let you know some more details about them if you're interested", then when/if they are interested you can give them some more details.

All you can do is speak with truth. If you speak with truth, people will recognise that in you and, if they are ready (not everyone is), they will ask for more. If they choose to walk away, that is their choice and we have to respect that.

Hugs

Giles