1. Unfortunately The Project Meditation Community Forum is no longer active. Although registration and the creation of new posts not possible, you can still read and search the forum...

If you are unable to find what you are looking for within the Project Meditation Community please check out our new Blog and/or our Facebook page.

EnlightenQ guidelines

Discussion in 'Meditation Chatter Box' started by pollyanna, Nov 8, 2010.

1. pollyanna

pollyanna Moderator

Having studied and studied Michael's guidelines in the EnlightenQ program, I realise more and more why he emphasises to take time with the actual Q exercise before moving on to the Q technique ;) This is so vital.

As exciting as it is initially to experience the feedback, it's really important to "PRACTICE PRACTICE PRACTICE" as he emphasises. Consistant practice now will create perfection in the future. I think this advice is great for both experienced and inexperienced meditators. I am certainly going to spend time building up with the exercise before rushing into the actual Qtechnique. Following the guidelines to the letter will bring profound results in my opinion.

For people new to meditation in particular, (and everyone for this matter) I believe it's best to listen to the track "Me, Myself & the Universe" prior to the Q exercise, because it is useful for all types of meditation (including LifeFlow), relaxation preparation and stress reduction.

None of this was intended to be preaching - just wanted to reiterate how important the guidelines are and taking time with the Q exercise rather than rushing through.

I think a good rule of thumb here is if you have any questions, go back to basics and your amazing answers will come from the most important person - YOU - enjoy the program and I wish you an abundance of peace and joy :) :) :)

2. Panthau

Panthau Member

Ill do it as you did, listen through the whole program and then stick with the Q exercise :)

Thanks for your tips Polly!

3. pollyanna

pollyanna Moderator

4. amoux

amoux Member

Thanks for the link to that post Pollyanna - very helpful.

Totally agree - the practice is the key. I'm trying to fit in 5 or 6 practice sessions of the exercise (just the 12 minutes or so each) during the day, and already the 'feeling response' is present at other moments too. Which I'd found intriguing, and having read Michael's post, now makes sense. And these practice sessions are so enjoyable - it's a pleasure to do them.

What Michael says on the programme about the practice exercise being a valid meditation technique in its own right is very true, in my experience :)

5. pollyanna

pollyanna Moderator

You're very welcome Amoux and it's great to hear you are enjoying the Qexercise and results so much :)

Off to do mine again now with glass of water in hand ;)

Wishing you much peace and joy :) :) :)

6. Mr Monkey

Mr Monkey Member

Hi Pollyanna,

I was hoping you could help me out. With LF the following was given as guidelines which I follow for its use, do they carry over to using EnlightenQ? I've greyed out the obvious ones. I've got to (and stayed on CD2) so I guess it might be mentioned later in the course, but the pdf didn't suggest anything so thought I'd ask.

• You need to have an alert mind to enable you to enjoy this new experience so you need to be free of alcohol or non prescribed drugs for at least 24 hours.
    • Wait 2 hours after a full meal or 1 hour after a snack or caffeine drink before meditating.
    • If you smoke, it is better to wait 30 minutes before meditating.
    • Never meditate with a sweet or anything in your mouth because you intend to go into a deep relaxing state similar to sleep.
    • Never over meditate – just as physical exercise is good for you it is important to build up gradually. When you meditate you release backlogs of tension and if you meditate too long you can release tension too fast for you to cope with.
    • Always leave 3 to 4 hours between meditation sessions.

Also, can you use in the ear headphones rather than over the ear headphones for the Q exercise (this would enable me to practice inmore places :))?

Paul

Last edited: Nov 9, 2010
  7. merlin

merlin Member

Thanks pollyanna, I will defo stick to the exercise for now. totally wowed by this new technique

8. siva

siva Member

Should we still try CD5 before Q Technique

Hi Pollyanna,
    I re-read Michael's instructions again and got the feeling that we shouldn't progress beyond CD2 unless we're very comfortable with getting the 'feeling sensation' and being able to get into that sensation even when we're not entirely trying to achieve it.
    Any reason you recommended some folks to go to CD5 and then come back to CD2?
    I've tried the practice CD (CD4) many times over and am failing to get that 'feeling sensation'. The instructions ask me to listen to the tones until it fades and then re-double the efforts to continue listening. As the tone fades away, I'm unable to 'listen' to it. So, I resort to creating or imagining the sound in my mind and then interrupted by the next tone, etc. Is there something I'm doing wrong? Would I benefit if I listen to CD5 and then come back to practise?

Regards,
    Siva

9. Edwin

Edwin Member

Siva,
    I have listened to the entire EnlightenQ program now, and yes, you are doing something wrong ;) But don't worry, we can help.

The whole general idea of this excercise is the listening part.

I too noticed that at a certain time the tone isn't audibly hearable.
    But the practice is to keep listening, not to make up a fake sound in your mind to listen to.
    So then you are listening to silence ? You might ask.
    Exactly !!!

Even tho there is no more tone to focus on, you are still actively listening ( not actively imagining ) for that tone.
    And thus, even tho the tone is gone, your mind is still quiet, allowing you to notice that even tho your mind is quiet, you are still present as consciousness -awareness.

At the very moment your mind is and stays quiet, even for a few seconds, the feeling sensation should be noticable.

10. olmate

olmate Member

Hi Siva,

Try listening to stillness and watching the silence at the very edge of the tone. Follow that tone, lean into it, yield to that space where the tone leads you to. At first reading this might seem back to front but when you try to sense or feel that special place just beyond the tone you will know it when you experience it.

Previously Edwin has described as "turning into" that place. The Enlighten Q approach is a great way to access this place.

How your senses respond creates the "feeling" that is the reference point that is the sign of the uniquness of that special place. Practice is important. Persist as the rewards are great.

Nothing but the best.

Olmate

11. Hazelkay

Hazelkay Member

Cd4

I think it may be just me being rather slow to catch on - but in case anyone with enlighten Q is the same I'll give the following sorry tale.
    I listened to the intro, then CD2 - had a bit of a problem and Pollyanna suggested to listen to CD5 - duly did and was scrupulous about not proceeding with anything else until I had established the feeling sensation - which I was trying to do with CD2. I tried to make a loop of the singing bowl so I could practise without all the lead up and have just realized that CD4 is this practice with the singing bowl - duh!

If there is only one person out there who is as simple as me - hope this helps!

12. medman

medman New Member

Am I doing it right?!

I am following the instructions and practising the 2 versions of the Q exercise and the bell only version, but I am not getting this feeling/sensation that is being described. What do I do?

13. Panthau

Panthau Member

:D @ Hazelkay

medman, just give it some time. I too have problems getting into that feeling, i can easily concentrate on several gongs and nothing happens. I have to really strain the listening, so that it at one point i just cant keep it up. Then this sensation should arise.

If it doesnt, give it time. Im sure it will.

14. amoux

amoux Member

medman - maybe try listening to cd5 before you do the exercise?

If you're relaxed when you start the exercise, you may be able to pick up your unique feeling sensation more easily - remember that it may be very subtle - so it may take practice to actually recognise that it's there. Hope this helps.

15. pollyanna

pollyanna Moderator

Hi Paul, I believe the same principles apply to EnlightenQ because it is a meditation technique in it's own right. You'll find your own answer with various headphones because you get feedback so I'd certainly give each a try - and as with any of Michael's entrainment tracks, you can listen sometimes over speakers and without headphones.

Have you listened to C.D.5 "Me, Myself & the Universe" Michael says you can listen to this particular track at anytime in the program - it's really quite an amazing track :)

Hope this helps and I wish you much peace and joy :) :) :)

16. pollyanna

pollyanna Moderator

Hi Siva,

C.D.5 “Me, Myself and the Universe” can be used as preparation for any type of meditation, relaxation, stress reduction, etc. and can be used at anytime in the program - it's an amazing track and a tremendous aid in my opinion to listen just before the Q exercise, creating a most enjoyable experience.

Hope this helps and I wish you much peace and joy :) :) :)

17. Mr Monkey

Mr Monkey Member

Thanks for getting back Pollyanna, that makes sense and I'll try with different headphones, just wanted to double check :)

I have thanks - all good!

Cheers, Paul

18. pollyanna

pollyanna Moderator

Post from Michael