1. Unfortunately The Project Meditation Community Forum is no longer active. Although registration and the creation of new posts not possible, you can still read and search the forum...

If you are unable to find what you are looking for within the Project Meditation Community please check out our new Blog and/or our Facebook page.

Energy Crawling Up Spine

Discussion in 'Meditation Chatter Box' started by viperelle, Oct 31, 2012.

1. viperelle

viperelle Member

I had a question about something I experienced because I'm not sure what it is.
    The other night while I was at a friend's house, I decided I wanted to try meditation while high on marijuana (please no judging or anything, it's not something I do a lot and was only my second time ever being high). I had heard it does wonders with helping relaxation and can open you up much more.

So, I got high, prayed to my spirit guides and the Divine (honestly I'm not sure who to pray to :/ I'm not affiliated with any religion anymore so I don't know who to pray to so I say the Divine or Highest Good), and asked for protection, especially since I was at someone else's house. I envisioned the white light protecting me, all that. I was using a very powerful OM meditation that I found on YouTube with Tibetan Singing bowls in it, if that matters.

So I started in on my meditation and about ten minutes in, I started feeling this...energy...crawling up my spine. Thing is, I'm about 99 percent sure it WASN'T Kundalini awakening. Every time I breathed in on the OM and relaxed even more, it rose higher. I was able to determine how high my vibration is because it started slowing down considerably at the base of my heart chakra (I'm a newbie so I'm sure that seems kinda low but it's much higher than it used to be). It was just this feeling going up both sides of my spine. I didn't experience anything extreme such as wanting to be ramrod straight. I was just sitting on the couch with my legs crossed, relaxed but alert.

Can anyone tell me what happened? I felt pressure on my third eye and the pressure on my crown chakra but I'm used to that. I just want to know what this energy was that moved up my spine. It wasn't cold but it wasn't hot either. Just...warm. Any replied would be much much appreciated.

2. pollyanna

pollyanna Moderator

Hi Viperelle and welcome to the community :)

Don't worry, nobody will judge you here. You will have many questions answered if you click on the link below:-

http://www.project-meditation.org/c...nciples-meditation-entrainment.html#post12298

You can also download "Discover Meditation" from the top left of the community. It's really good, it's free and you will be able to use the mantra OM with it. Michael will talk you all the way through.

Hope this helps and wish you much peace and joy :) :) :)

3. viperelle

viperelle Member

Thank you :) I still haven't found any information on the energy crawling up my spine though...I'm still sure it wasn't Kundalini though as I have no other symptoms and it wasn't intense...

4. GilesC

GilesC Member

Hi Viperell,

How can you be so sure it isn't a bout of Kundalini rising? It certainly sounds like it.

Hugs

Giles

5. viperelle

viperelle Member

Hmm...I dunno, to be honest. It just wasn't extreme or anything, that's all. I haven't felt the energy since and I haven't had any other symptoms. I'm confused about it.

6. Nside

Nside Member

Whats up viperelle,
    I've got to agree with GilesC. Im no expert on the matter but I have read a little bit about it. From my understanding, kundalini awakening doesnt always happen the same way. Try googling ida, pingala, and sushumna. These are channels that prana or life energy flows through up the spine. Ive never experienced what you described but i have meditated high several times. It definitely makes you more relaxed and aware of whats happening with your body. Hope this helps a little.

7. viperelle

viperelle Member

Ah, thank you for the information :) I found that very interesting! I've recently (like today) heard of Kundalini arousals instead of full blown awakenings. That must have been what I experienced. It was lovely though and I hope it happens again haha.