1. Unfortunately The Project Meditation Community Forum is no longer active. Although registration and the creation of new posts not possible, you can still read and search the forum...

If you are unable to find what you are looking for within the Project Meditation Community please check out our new Blog and/or our Facebook page.

Endeavor Academy

Discussion in 'Mind, Body & Spirit' started by Panthau, Mar 1, 2010.

1. Panthau

Panthau Member

Ever heard of this? Endeavor Academy

Someone i know has moved to Germany to be able to visit those classes, though there are online classes too. Gonna try it... maybe i get enlightened ;-)

2. GilesC

GilesC Member

Sounds a little like a variant of "A Course In Miracles". A little too "God" oriented for my liking, but I'm sure it'll suite some people. ;)

Hugs

Giles

3. Panthau

Panthau Member

Yes thats what it is, it teaches "A Course In Miracles". I heard from that, but never got into it.... ordered a book now, seems to be on line with Eckhart Tolle?!

The "God" thing also disturbed me a little... sounds like it is something objective outside from us. This doesnt come frome the miracle course itself, does it?

Last edited: Mar 3, 2010
  4. Still Waters

Still Waters Member

I dont know anything at all about A Course in Miracles. I did read that Tolle was influenced by this work though so it cant be that bad!

5. Panthau

Panthau Member

Aha! thanx for that info! :)

6. GilesC

GilesC Member

A Course in Miracles is based around Christian/Biblical/God type teachings, with the twist that it also, when reading between the lines, teaches about being present.

It's not a bad book (although it's a BIG book! :D), however, for me, it's taking the teachings that you'd find fairly concisely in Eckhart's books and padding it out with religious stuff that isn't necessary and can, in some cases, cloud the reader from seeing the point being made.

I almost bought a copy when in a bookshop, just so that I could see where it was coming from in detail, but it really did look too much like trying to read a large copy of the Bible... and that can take years to get through... :eek:

Hugs

Giles

7. Panthau

Panthau Member

I see... i ordered a small book which contains a summary of the course in miracles. After all, i lost a bit interest, as i (like you and most of us) want to have a clear view of things.

And this Endevaor Academy is probably a little sect, from what ive been reading lately. It seems in their base they had a good start but something went obviously wrong when there are things that must be done and things that are not allowed....