1. Unfortunately The Project Meditation Community Forum is no longer active. Although registration and the creation of new posts not possible, you can still read and search the forum...

If you are unable to find what you are looking for within the Project Meditation Community please check out our new Blog and/or our Facebook page.

Ecstasy Feeling / Body Fading Away

Discussion in 'Meditation Chatter Box' started by WesoIrl, Jun 10, 2013.

1. WesoIrl

WesoIrl Member

Hi everyone its nice to have the chance to talk to people who may be on a similar journey to myself.

I'm not to sure how long I have been meditating because as a child I used to remember enjoying thinking of nothing, there are home videos of me staring into space and then springing back to life all of a sudden :) This was not seen as normal and probably conditioned out of me by loving parents who at the time believed that an idle mind was leaving room for the devil.

But in the last few years I have let myself drift back into this state from time to time. Now when I meditate I hear a ringing, it stays with me trough the day but when I am mindful it can become almost deafeningly load and changes pitch, although it is not uncomfortable.

When I am sitting and relaxed its not long before i can feel a vibration and a flow trough my body. My stomach area seems to spring to life with lovely flutters then a rising feeling of ecstasy up trough my spine. This feeling can become so intense that its almost as if i am about to become nothing but the feeling and it feels like I might die, which oddly enough I wouldn't mind even though I am not suicidal. Think this is a side effect of this state?

Would love to hear an opinion or similar experience. mixed results looking for answers so far.

Thank you
    wes

2. pollyanna

pollyanna Moderator

Hi Wes,

I believe each individual has their own unique experience in meditation. For some (including myself), it's one of their favourite things to do in their day. For me personally, it's more about how it affects my day to day life, for example:- handling situations and dealing with challenges calmly. Understanding others perspectives; being focused on the present moment; sleeping well; having more energy; finding solutions easily and most important of all, knowing who I am and why I am here.

Here's a link to the principles of meditation and entrainment. It's rather long but well worth the read:-

http://www.project-meditation.org/c...x/2357-principles-meditation-entrainment.html

Hope this helps and wish you much peace and joy :) :) :)

3. WesoIrl

WesoIrl Member

Thanks Pollyanna, Nice to meet you

Long read alright but very informative. I suppose there is no point trying to figure out what is happening. the main thing is that its having a positive effect on my day to day life as you said. Although there are times during the day when all I wan't to do is slip back into meditation as this feeling is unrivaled even by sex.

The present moment and other peoples perspectives are not things I have focused on allot trough my life and I've found myself in a hostile world. But now that I do I get a profound feeling of peace and trust. Its almost scary letting myself think this way as it means I have to change completely.

But I am looking forward to it :)

Peace and joy to you too