1. Unfortunately The Project Meditation Community Forum is no longer active. Although registration and the creation of new posts not possible, you can still read and search the forum...

If you are unable to find what you are looking for within the Project Meditation Community please check out our new Blog and/or our Facebook page.

Don't Miss Out

Discussion in 'Meditation Chatter Box' started by pollyanna, Jun 4, 2009.

1. pollyanna

pollyanna Moderator

Sometimes when people have meditated for years or used another companies products they question that LF 10/9/8 maybe not much use to them and want to begin at a lower level e.g. LF7

Although this may seem perfectly logical I completely understand the importance of all levels.

Having completed all the levels and the gamma tracks, I fell into the trap of listening to what I believed to be my favourite tracks (in particular LF7, LF1 and Nirvana.)

I recently posted about meditating for some time recently to one of my least favourites (LF2) and found to my surprise how amazing it felt both during and outside of meditation.

A couple of days ago I decided to go through all the levels again beginning with LF10 and WOW! so glad I did because this was my experience:-

We have company staying with us at the moment, the weather is beautiful (between 25 and 30 degrees) so we have been enjoying the pool more :)

One of my favourite things to do in the pool is to just float on my back and just be. Anyway I did this the other day for about 15 minutes, then played the usual pool games for an hour or so with my grandchildren.

Later I went to my room to meditate to LF10. It must be 18 months at least since I listened to this track. As I lay there, aware of the sound of crickets etc. it felt like I was back in the pool. The session was wonderful and I felt full of energy after.

You really don't need to be in a hurry to experience any particular level - just simply enjoy this never ending journey of endless benefits and wonderful surprises :) :) :)

2. Edwin

Edwin Member

That's great Pollyanna, and thanks for reminding us !

Oh, btw, I overheard some people in the forums complaining about the sound of the crickets, it being "unreal" or artificial.

Actually the sound is completely natural.
    However, it sounds wrong for a cricket because... it is not the sound of a cricket.

It is the sound of an animal that lives mostly in the southern europe and asia, called a cicada Auchenorrhyncha - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia .

Wanted to share that :)

3. pollyanna

pollyanna Moderator

Avec plaisir Edwin :) You made me smile when you said "you overheard some people in the forums" It does feel like you can hear people through their words doesn't it?

About the crickets - is the sound not crickets then? Not that it matters - LF10 just sounds like when I am outside. I'm sure the people who complained of the sound of the crickets are just resisting something because when I sit outside, the sound of the crickets, the cuckoo's, woodpeckers and all the other birds create the most beautiful symphony.

Even the neighbouring donkies make me laugh - though I am pleased the frogs are far enough away in the lake because they can be extremely noisy (a bit like the non stop chatterbox when you first become aware of it.) They used to be in a little fishpond by the house until we changed it into a herb garden and moved them further away - ahhh peace, perfect peace and I wish you an abundance of it :) :) :)

4. merlin

merlin Member

Thanks pollyanna, am luvin how i feel with lifeflow10 and will take your advice about taking time. A question for you or anyone if I may ask is how do you float for so long??? as i can only last a few seconds. Hope this is not too off topic, all the best Merlin

5. enlighteneduk

enlighteneduk Member

Oh! I love the sound of the cicadas! Portugal is my second home, and I love to sit and listen, in the deep Alentejo countryside, to the sound of the cicadas in the evening, with the deep velvet sky and the balmy air, and every time I listen to LF 10, it takes me there!!

Heather

6. islovin

islovin Member

I live in New York and Cicada's start making their sound every August. It is a wonderful sound and very rhythmic.

Edwin you call the cicada an animal I always thought they were insects. They Kind of look like Gigantic flys they are blind like bats and they shed their outer shells...also they live in trees.

They sound better then they look....

7. seatrend8899

seatrend8899 Member

LF10......beautiful night sound scape

Hey Folks,
    Sorry Edwin... ;) PollyAnna is right, LF10 is a beautiful night soundscape with "crickets". The sound of cicada's would have driven this guy "running the other way"....

crickets

YouTube - Sound of crickets

cicadas

YouTube - Invasion of the Cicadas

In fact LF10 to be "revisited" tonight... :)

shine on

jim

8. bashmaki

bashmaki Member

Thanks Polly,
    Your insight into LF is always fresh and new; I love it.

gus

9. Edwin

Edwin Member

That's because I am Dutch ;) Got things mixed up.

In Dutch, my explanation would have been a lot more clear... but I doubt you would have understood :p

So you are correct, it is an insect :cool:

10. Edwin

Edwin Member

I stand corrected ! :)

11. NeuralNet

NeuralNet Member

Urm at the risk of going off on a tangent, an insect is an animal. Its not a plant or a mineral. All living things that arent plants are animals as far as Im aware. So carry on Edwin, right first time ;)

12. bashmaki

bashmaki Member

Edwin,
    I'm not sure how your Dutch is but your English is excellent Bro.

gus

13. seatrend8899

seatrend8899 Member

Edwin. Beyond excellent!!! :) :) :)

All posts delivered with style, focus on issue and most important of all delivered with compassion.

shine on

jim

14. pollyanna

pollyanna Moderator

Hi Merlin, I am so pleased you are enjoying LF10 and you are very wise to take your time - I believe you will experience maximum benefits this way :)

How do I float for so long? A number of people have asked me this question and all I can say is I feel extemely confident and comfortable in the water. I just completely relax and let go (I never try)

I think the first time I remember floating was after attempting to play squash with my husband many years ago at the local sports centre. I was so hot and tired so I jumped in the pool to cool down and totally relax - I've loved it ever since.

Nowadays, if I get the pool to myself, I meditate when floating, although I DO NOT RECOMMEND this to anyone else.

It's quite comparable to LifeFlow - I just trust and completely let go.

I wish you continued peace and joy on your journey :) :) :)

15. pollyanna

pollyanna Moderator

Edwin, I always have the greatest respect for anyone who admits they have made a mistake - Lord knows I make many ;) hold my hand up and move on.

The most important point is the great opportunity to go through all the levels again and to be able to share with everyone the wonderful experiences - and the importance of not rushing through the levels.

Yesterday at the beginning of LF10, I purposely focused on the soundscape for a few minutes instead of focusing initially on my mantra. My reason for doing this is that I have read in some posts that some people seem to do this.

The result I got was that it would probably drive me nuts :eek:

There is a huge difference for me when the soundscape is just pleasantly in the background. It may seem a subtle difference but it makes all the difference in the world to me. I hope this helps, thankyou for all your replies and I wish you all an abundance of peace and joy :) :) :)

16. beth

beth Member

Thanks pollyana will take your advice and tell you how we get on. love from beth X

17. pollyanna

pollyanna Moderator

Wonderful Beth, looking forward to hearing how you enjoy LF10 the second time around. Have you checked out the following thread? There are some amazing extra benefits in there for you - Project Meditation - Meditation Community - Golden Threads

I wish you an abundance of peace and joy on your continuing journey of self discovery :) :) :)

18. beth

beth Member

Thanks again pollyana will check out golden threads, love from beth X

19. purplevibe

purplevibe Member

crickets or cicadas etc.

My son loves LF 10, one night I played a bit of LF10 and a bit of LF9 to see which one he wanted, this was in my 'adult' efforts to move him on from LF10 to LF9, he said he preferred 'the one with the grass moving', which was LF10, 'the relaxing music' he calls it. It doesn't matter what we think the sounds are, as long as they work for us, as demonstrated by a 7 year-old. They are so much more 'in tune' than us adults, I find.

He loves LF10, and on finishing my reading to him he often asks for 'the relaxing music' and is usually off in SO FEW MINUTES that I check him, thinking he cannot be asleep already! Proof, if anyone needs it, that Lifeflow really works!!!! Whatever level you are at, enjoy it and relax...with a view from a 7 year-old, who just does it! xx

20. pollyanna

pollyanna Moderator

Absolutely wonderful purplevibe, may you and your young son continue to enjoy the endless benefits of LifeFlow :) :) :)