Did you try this yet

Discussion in 'Your Suggestions' started by pollyanna, Jan 2, 2014.

1. pollyanna

pollyanna Moderator

Happy New Year to everyone :)

Did you try the suggestion from yesterdays "Good Life"?

I think it's an amazing way to make some great changes for yourself and the people you care about. When I first began "Discover Meditation" I loved the gratitude exercise on C.D.2 and made it a daily practice.

I then incorporated this into my daily shower time to set the tone for the day. Whenever I became aware of unwanted thoughts, I immediately changed my thinking to all the things I am thankful for and what a huge difference this has made to my life.

Here's a link to a short gratitude video for those who have not seen it:-

http://www.project-meditation.org/community/mind-body-spirit/1547-gratitude-video.html#post7757

I am now using the suggestion made in the Good Life I received yesterday to create a new habit for achieving new goals I have set for this year

Copied the following from the archives of the Mind, Body and Spirit section for new people who may want to benefit from it:-

The Power of Habit by Dr. Denis Waitley

"You may know me.
    I'm your constant companion.
    I'm your greatest helper; I'm your heaviest burden.
    I will push you onward or drag you down to failure.
    I am at your command.
    Half the tasks you do might as well be turned over to me. I'm able to do them quickly, and I'm able to do them the same every time,
    if that's what you want.

I'm easily managed; all you've got to do is be firm with me.
    Show me exactly how you want it done; after a few lessons I'll do it automatically.
    I am the servant of all great men and women; of course,
    I'm the servant of all the failures as well.
    I've made all the winners who have ever lived.
    And, I've made all the losers too.

But I work with all the precision of a marvelous computer
    with the intelligence of a human being.
    You may run me for profit, or you may run me to ruin;
    it makes no difference to me.

Take me. Be easy with me, and I will destroy you.
    Be firm with me, and I'll put the world at your feet.
    Who am I?

I'm Habit!

Habits are replaced, not broken. Habits are like submarines. They run silent and deep. Habits grow by observation, imitation and repetition from cobwebs into cables to strengthen or shackle our lives. First we make our habits, then our habits make us"

To read more click on the following link:-

http://www.project-meditation.org/c...on/1518-change-begins-within-4.html#post15887

These are easy habits that take no extra time and anyone can implement them. The sad truth is, most people won't, however, if you do, prepare to amaze yourself.

Look forward to hearing how you progress and wish you a peaceful, joyful and successful 2014 :) :) ;)

2. GilesC

GilesC Member

Happy New Year to you too Polly!

I haven't got around to reading the latest emails... busy Christmas and New year. :)