1. Unfortunately The Project Meditation Community Forum is no longer active. Although registration and the creation of new posts not possible, you can still read and search the forum...

If you are unable to find what you are looking for within the Project Meditation Community please check out our new Blog and/or our Facebook page.

Did anyone experience this? need advice

Discussion in 'Meditation Chatter Box' started by thenewmeditator, Jul 20, 2013.

1. thenewmeditator

thenewmeditator Member

Hi. Ive been doing meditation for a while now. maybe a week. But i have a problem. Did anyone experience this.
    when you meditate your sleep cycle change? like for example. when going to sleep you tend to think on something before sleeping. you wander your mind to anything. Well thats the problem, you see everytime i am going to sleep i always to that. then when the time i am able to sleep its like part of me is waking me up and need to focus.I hope you can understand it, Im sure some of you will think its weird and yes it is. Is it really part of meditation? I know is that you will have some bad dreams because your mind is like I dunno rebooting or something(I read that on some forums), but my problem i have no idea why is that. To meditate is to become mindfull. to become mindful you have to be aware. now ive become aware everytime i am relaxed :D especially going to sleep which is i think is not normal. Maybe im doing thins wrong. Yes ive read already the meditation guide for beginners but none of them stated about their experience like this. If i am doing this wrong, maybe i need to slow it down a little. Maybe jumping in to meditate and be aware is too much because i am forcing my mind, if thats the case then can a guided meditation help me? if so what guided meditation can you request guys? I dont have a goal or something on doing this. I just want to be aware and more focus but not so much as even to sleep. :confused:

Last edited: Jul 20, 2013
  2. xblackxsailsx

xblackxsailsx Member

I experienced the same thing. It really worried me. It went away on its own, though. I would say that if it's preventing you from falling asleep, try meditating for less time. Like if you're doing 30 minutes, do 20 minutes, then eventually you can work your way back up to the original time.
    Exercise might also help. I work a job that requires me to always be moving and lifting things and so I'm definitely ready to fall asleep when the time comes :)

Last edited: Jul 21, 2013
  3. thenewmeditator

thenewmeditator Member

Glad to know that im not the only one. Thanks for the tip :D Im still curious though. are only the 2 of us experience this? Ive read some of the other threads here and looks like most of them dont have this kind of problem.