1. Unfortunately The Project Meditation Community Forum is no longer active. Although registration and the creation of new posts not possible, you can still read and search the forum...

If you are unable to find what you are looking for within the Project Meditation Community please check out our new Blog and/or our Facebook page.

Death

Discussion in 'Thought For Today' started by olmate, Oct 9, 2012.

1. olmate

olmate Member

On the path that I follow, the tradition tells me that if I would become wise I must learn the lesson that we have here “no abiding city.” I was reading last night what the wise of ages past and present say: to have life in focus we must have death in focus.

Reflecting about this bought up close my true deep sense of talking about death and how in many respects how hard it is to understand. It seems that the principal fantasy of much worldliness operates out of completely the opposite point of view: not the wisdom of our own mortality but the pure fantasy that we are immortal, beyond physical weakness.

On this journey I have found meditation a way of power because it is the way to understand my own mortality. It is the way to get my own death into focus. It can do so because it is the way beyond my own mortality.

The essence of the daily meditation practice is that we are invited to this experience now, today. The personal invitation each day is to die to my own self-importance, my own selfishness, my own limitations, and my own exclusiveness. Instead, the daily practice points to rise to new life, to community, to communion, to a full life without fear - right here, right now.

Olmate