1. Unfortunately The Project Meditation Community Forum is no longer active. Although registration and the creation of new posts not possible, you can still read and search the forum...

If you are unable to find what you are looking for within the Project Meditation Community please check out our new Blog and/or our Facebook page.

deaf in one ear

Discussion in 'Meditation Chatter Box' started by Harte, Dec 2, 2013.

1. Harte

Harte Member

Is there any harm done if a deaf in one ear person listens to binaural beats and only hears one half of it?

2. pollyanna

pollyanna Moderator

3. coop47

coop47 New Member

Binaural beats? I am 67 and lost the hearing in my left ear as the result of an operation when I was 35. It would be safe to say I have forgotten what 'stereo' hearing was like. My one problem is locating the source (direction) of a sound.
    I am not sure what you are referring to. Could you help me out here?

4. GilesC

GilesC Member

A Binaural beat is a beat sound created when two slightly different frequencies are combined within the brain, allowing a beat at a frequency that is generally lower than what can be heard by the human ear. If you only have hearing in one ear, then you will not get the benefit of binaural beats, however the Lifeflow tracks also include Monaural beats and Isochronic tones, which don't require stereo hearing.

Hugs

Giles