1. Unfortunately The Project Meditation Community Forum is no longer active. Although registration and the creation of new posts not possible, you can still read and search the forum...

If you are unable to find what you are looking for within the Project Meditation Community please check out our new Blog and/or our Facebook page.

Datastream

Discussion in 'Meditation Chatter Box' started by Panthau, Nov 19, 2011.

1. Panthau

Panthau Member

At least someone that can relate somehow to my weird experiences, thanks for sharing! :)

Hey Pavlina,

A lot of questons... i try to give my 5 cents :)

(Too much) thoughts are something that everybody encounters in meditation. Even after years of practice, i sometimes have distracting thoughts in my meditation, especially if i had a stressful day. The best way to handle them, is just by accepting them. Let them happen, but dont spend too much energy in focusing on them... just relax and everytime you´re distracted, try to softly get back to your focus. This is really a matter of practice, as your head gets more and more empty with time.

I meditate most days in the evening for about 30mins. Sometimes in the morning too, if im drawn to it.

About 6 months i guess. Then about 2 years with LF, and since then with my David Delight mindmachine.

Feeling good about your practice is obviously the most important thing. If theres a lot to process, then there will be a lot of thoughts. Just let them happen, like everything else in meditation... with time you may dive deeper, or not. You´re benefiting from it, which is the most important thing.

My main message is, let go... thats what meditation is all about. :)

Atb,
    Phil

2. GilesC

GilesC Member

Hi!

Stick at it. It's normal that sometimes we'll get a thought that we get attached to so much that we can be lost in that thought for a long time before we realise we were supposed to be meditating. It happens, it's not wrong, just recognise it and come back to the meditation practice when you do realise. The more you meditate, like riding a bicycle, the easier it becomes to recognise ourselves having the thoughts early on and just let them go.

Typically, twice a day, once for 40 minutes with lifeflow and once for 20 minutes without, first thing in the morning and then in the evening.

I'd been doing various different styles of meditation and guided meditations etc. on and off for about 4 or 5 years before I learnt mantra based meditation. I then looked online for 'more information' and came across the project meditation site. I joined up to the forums and was promptly booted off :D because I had linked to a website showing the meditation style I had learnt in my introductory post, and that was deemed to be spamming (it wasn't even my site and I'd done it innocently, but hey the moderators weren't to know that, I forgive them! :p). I continued meditating for about another 10 months before I took the plunge to give Lifeflow a go as well and then ended up re-joining the community, this time taking a little more care in what I said. ;) I stopped meditating briefly when I had a kidney stone and was in pain in hospital, but my practice of living in the Now and recognising my true Self helped to recognise the pain for what it was which helped (not all the time though, as pain is a good distraction from who we truly are). And here I am, still on the forums with lots of good friends. :)

No. We cannot blame ourselves when we are so used to living in our minds as if we are the mind. Just accept it and carry on. ;)

Good. :)

Well... a moderator could split it off I guess, but I don't think any of us are too bothered (unless Pan is as the Original Poster of this thread), and it's fair to say that the attachment of thoughts does relate to the datastream that Pan was talking about. ;)

Hugs

Giles

Last edited: Dec 2, 2011
  3. Pavlina

Pavlina Member

Thank you very much Pollyana!!!

Pavlina

4. Pavlina

Pavlina Member

You are all so kind!!!!

Panthau, GilesC, Pollyana

Thank you very much

Hugs

Pavlina

5. Lauren273

Lauren273 New Member

Wow...I've experienced something similar. It was like several streams of binary code side by side, streaming downward...just 1s and 0s in random patterns. Yellow/gold background and white numbers. It happened when I was tring to get out of an experience with an astral hitchhiker. When I closed my eyes in the astral I saw the binary code streaming. It felt like I was interrupting some sort of download. Very strange! :)