1. Unfortunately The Project Meditation Community Forum is no longer active. Although registration and the creation of new posts not possible, you can still read and search the forum...

If you are unable to find what you are looking for within the Project Meditation Community please check out our new Blog and/or our Facebook page.

Daily check up.

Discussion in 'Mind, Body & Spirit' started by pollyanna, May 30, 2008.

1. pollyanna

pollyanna Moderator

If you keep a journal, a good 2 minute exercise you may find really helpful is to make a brief entry each day recording what you have done today to nurture your mind, your body and your spirit. Are you nourishing them, starving them or feeding garbage to them? :eek: If you are honest to yourself, this can be an eye opener :eek: However it gives a great starting point for self improvent and a better way to live. I wish you happiness and joy on your journey of self discovery :) :) :)

Last edited: May 30, 2008
  2. TwoPynts

TwoPynts Member

Great idea Pollyanna.

I agree that most of us would be suprised what we are feeding our MB&S. Especially if one has the TV on a lot! :eek:

Talking with a loved one, hugging them, reading a book, making a cup of tea, walking out in nature ... these things probably don't get as much time as the more mundane and toxic activities.

3. aussie

aussie Member

Great intentions

Thanx polly and i mean thanx!! been meaning to do this for months and only got round to it in the new year :rolleyes: better late than never. Its an awesome awarness exercise ;) have a greeeaaaat 2009 :D Aussie

4. blueskygal

blueskygal Member

Thanks for the great subject!

Hi Pollyanna! i have been systematically trying to remove the mental "junk food" from my life - wanting to have a more meaningful life.

i finally realized in the last few months that I GIVE MY LIFE ALL THE MEANING IT HAS! what an insight - and what i mean by that is not to usurp God but by focusing on activities that are meaningful to me i feel much more nurtured and happy in my life - rather than drifting like a boat with the prevailing winds.

I am into tony robbins RPM (Rapid Planning method) and have found it to be very helpful in gaining focus in my life for the key areas that are meaningful and important to me. it has helped alot.

to me time is like money and i have squandered a good deal of it. i have managed to get off the tv and cut way down on movie watching. instead i am pursuing my artistic interests and looking for ways to contribute.

5. pollyanna

pollyanna Moderator

Wow, I had forgotten about this thread. I am so happy for you all - life can be as tremendous as you choose it to be - full of magic little moments and wonder - thank goodness we all have choices to do the little but extremely important things. Enjoy an amazing 2009 :) :) :)

6. scotland01

scotland01 Member

T.V

Just an idea that I started at the start of the year.

Me and my flat mates got rid of the T.V, so no T.V's in our house.
    Its a bit of a change but after a while you start to enjoy it, no negative news or ads.....

7. pollyanna

pollyanna Moderator

Congratulations and good for you!!!! You should all be very proud of yourselves - I'd love to know how you all get along, how you replace the time
    and how much time you watched t.v. before you got rid of it.

I've got a funny story of when we chose not to have a t.v. for a couple of years which I'll post in the week - the family are arriving soon, so gotta get cooking, happiness and joy :) :) :)

8. bashmaki

bashmaki Member

I find that the TV is a negative impact on my better well being. I'm not really sure why. Radio even has this impact as well. We haven't watched much TV; we haven't an antenna for years and only use the TV for movies on a rare occasion. My kids have profoundly different past times because of this compared to others I've noticed. They read a lot more and spend more time outside playing. They play more games and do things together more too.

I've not checked in for a while. Not really sure what is up with that but it feels right. I've been listening to the CD's regularly and am progressing; I think. I feel a little confused about my life at time but don't give it too much thought. I just keep going to work and keep putting one foot in front of the other.

The one thing I wanted in this world more than any other is Peace. I am beginning to realize Peace in profound abundance these days. I am grateful for this Abundant Peace.

Many thanks to Project Meditation and Micheal for this.

I know my life is changing in small ways. I guess I hope the accumulation of small ways ends up being a big way in the future. I don't dwell on it too much though.
    I hope all you have blessings in your life this day. I know that all out there deserve so much more than we realize.

gus

Last edited: Jan 25, 2009
  9. blueskygal

blueskygal Member

"My kids have profoundly different past times because of this compared to others I've noticed. They read a lot more and spend more time outside playing. They play more games and do things together more too."

You have given a great gift to your children. This is how we spent our childhood - and due to the reading were able to develop our creative imaginations! and being together means learning good social skills.

Good for you!

10. scotland01

scotland01 Member

life after T.V

Hey Pollyanna, regarding the question

"how you replace the time
    and how much time you watched t.v. before you got rid of it. "

I first of all was probably addicted to it and after, well lots of things, art, internet, reading, chest and yes strangely talking!!!!

11. pollyanna

pollyanna Moderator

Hey Gus, I am so pleased you haven't had an antenna for years :D Your children sound like they have a wonderful happy life due to your wise choices :)

Massive congratulations to you Scotland - I think life after t.v. will only create more optimism and happiness into your life.

I too was a bit of a t.v. addict once and in past times of financial hardship when I couldn't afford the license I sold the t.v. and we didn't have one for a couple of years. It proved to be one of the best choices we made :)

A funny story during this time:-
    My sister and her two youngest sons always stayed with us for a week in the summer - her boys were about 10 and 12 at this time and had to seriously think if they could manage without t.v. for a whole week :eek:

Eventually they were talked into coming and one day I looked out at them sitting on a neighbours wall stroking her cat and commented to my sister "ah look at them stroking the cat - they seem really happy, don't they?" My sister replied " It's 7:40p.m. - they're pretending to stroke the cat so they can watch Coronation Street through your neighbours window" :eek: :eek:

A not so funny story during this no t.v. time:-

My youngest daughter was in class and the teacher was doing an exercise. She was probably trying to prove the point that as families we now have multiple t.v.'s

She asked anyone to raise their hand if they didn't have a t.v. (not expecting anyone to do so) My 9 year old daughter raised her hand and for a few days was ridiculed and bullied by some of the children. They laughed at her and suggested "bet your mum and dad have to play out Eastenders for you?" :eek: :eek:

Anyway, although she was upset at the time, her headmaster dealt with the situation really well and she learned a lot from the experience over time ;) She's definately learned that it's o.k. to be different and although she has a t.v. now, like us, she is only interested in occasional chosen programmes.

I think there is nothing nicer than all sitting to the table for dinner, enjoying each others company, having genuine interest in our real lives and communicating with each other.

Well done again and I wish you continued peace and joy :) :) :)

12. bashmaki

bashmaki Member

Thanks for the stories Pollyanna. The first one was funny. All the best to you and yours.

gus