1. Unfortunately The Project Meditation Community Forum is no longer active. Although registration and the creation of new posts not possible, you can still read and search the forum...

If you are unable to find what you are looking for within the Project Meditation Community please check out our new Blog and/or our Facebook page.

Crying while meditating

Discussion in 'Meditation Chatter Box' started by givethanks, Mar 24, 2011.

1. givethanks

givethanks Member

Sometimes when i meditate (particularly on love) i can't help but cry. I feel and intense energy in my body swell up. I try not to label it as anything but just feel it. suddenly tears pour from my eyes uncontrollably. it only last for about 10-30 seconds and after I feel and eminence amount of pressure has been taken off of me. Does anyone else ever experiences this, or know where I could find some material on the subject. I'd like to know what it means.

In my last meditation I focused my thoughts on how I felt about this women I am deeply drawn too. I have been for two years. It is way beyond physical attraction, to the point i feel it is soul recognition. something lit up inside the first time I ever saw her. I have never told her how I feel because she is already in a relationship and I respect that greatly. weather the feelings are reciprocated or not Its come time where i feel i need get this emotional weight off my chest just so I can breath. I feel like every day that goes by and i don't say something, i am not validating or respecting my own feelings. During my meditation I asked my higher self, what is it that i really feel for her. Instantly I was overwhelmed with feeling and started crying. I really don't know how to interpenetrate it as it feels somewhat sad, somewhat joyful, and extremely relieving directly after.

any thoughts?

2. Prasanam

Prasanam Member

I understand pretty well. When we do meditation the few first time, we are not used to look inside and it provokes this kind of reaction.

We have a lot of emotion inside that we never looked at. The meditation allow us to get free of it and sometimes we just don't understand why we feel sad or happy or wanted to cry etc...When it happens, let it happens. Your emotional body clean itself.

I call it, emotional integration. It's a big part of my spiritual path.

3. Panthau

Panthau Member

This is quite normal in meditation, as your body and mind relax, hidden emotions come to the surface and crying is the most natural way to release them, imho.

When im in stressfull times, i release it often that way in my meditation.

I can comprehend your situation with the feelings you´re having to this girl. I have, following your description, similar feelings - but they´re here since i can think. I never met the being, whom these feelings belong to. I had fantasys as a child, that we meet and fall into each others arms, with tears in our eyes - meeting again after such a long time. Still dont have a clue, just wanted to share with you :)

4. Itlandm

Itlandm Member

It is perfectly normal to experience tears and surges of emotion during meditation, prayer etc. In fact, for some people this can become a bit of an addiction or attachment, but we should not have any expectations in this regard. It also seems that it is not necessary or even useful to know the exact cause of the emotional surge. It is enough to experience it, to allow oneself to feel it fully, and then when it leaves, to let it go freely, whether the feeling was pleasant or unpleasant.

5. CoachBenjamin

CoachBenjamin New Member

Crying is good.

Not only is crying good to untangle emotions, but it also releases toxins from the body. Make sure you wipe the tears with a tissue, rather than your hand, and then throw those toxins away.

6. Panthau

Panthau Member

Whaaaat? You mean all the toxins concentrate themself in the tear fluid? Wow :D

7. Edwin

Edwin Member

:eek::rolleyes::D:confused:;):p

Toxic tears... Maybe we can make those guys in Fukushima cry as well :cool:

8. givethanks

givethanks Member

hahaha thanks guys. I love everybody here. I will make sure to keep a box of tissues around from here on out. btw, toxic tears sounds like a bad ass band name :)