1. Unfortunately The Project Meditation Community Forum is no longer active. Although registration and the creation of new posts not possible, you can still read and search the forum...

If you are unable to find what you are looking for within the Project Meditation Community please check out our new Blog and/or our Facebook page.

Creative section

Discussion in 'Your Suggestions' started by Divinitywolf, Mar 10, 2008.

1. Divinitywolf

Divinitywolf Member

Hey.
    I have (yet another) suggestion...*gulp* i hope i'm not posting too many.
    But i just had a thought.
    This forum doesn't have to be completely to do with meditation does it?
    Because we could have a creative section where people could submit poetry and short stories for others to read for their own enjoyment.
    If this has to remain a meditation forum then i guess the idea can be scrapped.
    BUT if it is approved then you could have a monthly writing or poetry competition where the best poem or piece of writing could win the composer some karma credits.

Divinitywolf

2. twinkletoes

twinkletoes Member

Hi divinitywolf
    Thats a good idea, I,m on my 3rd cd this pm began meditation Sun pm and like the cd says I'm not fretting about whether I'm doing it right and I'm not worrying about my mind wandering as I manage to get back to my mantra Hopefully when I finally find my energy (got m.e) I could get my creative thinking back and if your suggestion is accepted then watch that space.

:eek: Gilli :eek:

3. ctutt

ctutt Member

My thought: Another focus is another site. One site cannot effectively focus on many different themes. We've got a very good thing going here. Let's not dilute it or distract from it. That's my 2ยข.

4. Divinitywolf

Divinitywolf Member

Thats very true. I realise this is a meditation forum, not a general forum.
    Its fine how it is.

5. Bhavya

Bhavya Member

It's already happening

Divinity Wolf, you said:

Because we could have a creative section where people could submit poetry and short stories for others to read for their own enjoyment.

It's already happening though not in a formal way. If you look at some of the other threads you'll find personal stories, poetry, delicious writing. When the subject matter comes from a deep place, the creative juices flow. :):):)

Meditate with Lifeflow, look within, develop awareness of all aspects of your life. Then participate in this forum. You'll find that the writing will just happen

Namaste
    Bhavya

6. Divinitywolf

Divinitywolf Member

Yeah i agree with you. As people are already posting their stories and poetry, there is no need for a creative section.

I originally thought it would make them more noticable but this isn't really a big issue as people can clearly see the threads.

I retract my suggestion :D

7. pollyanna

pollyanna Moderator

I'm sure we'll be able to have a creative section - maybe in Mind, body and spirit - I'll check with Michael and sort it out :) :) :)

8. Divinitywolf

Divinitywolf Member

Okay. My only concern is that this may take away from the meditation community as the forums have such a focussed topic. This is afterall a meditation community.

I know i'm contradicting my original suggestion but i started this thread over half a year ago and my opinions have changes since then :D

9. ntvinh986

ntvinh986 Member

Hi all, I am a new member of forum. Would a newcomer be warmly welcome here? Good day you guys!!!

10. Bhavya

Bhavya Member

Of course! A very warm welcome to you.
    Bhavya :)