1. Unfortunately The Project Meditation Community Forum is no longer active. Although registration and the creation of new posts not possible, you can still read and search the forum...

If you are unable to find what you are looking for within the Project Meditation Community please check out our new Blog and/or our Facebook page.

Cravings absolutely lose their power

Discussion in 'Meditation Chatter Box' started by pollyanna, Jul 8, 2013.

1. pollyanna

pollyanna Moderator

Just received the latest "Good Life" and the following quotation is so true:-

"As meditation deepens, complusions, cravings and fits of emotion begin to lose their power to dictate our behavior." Eknath Easwaran

You hear of many people feeling calm, not re-acting to situations and letting go of supressed emotions etc. and this is incredibly freeing. The craving part of the above quote is something I never expected to experience though.

I was always brought up to believe you shouldn't waste food and I agree, it's not good to be wasteful. However, for a few years now, I never eat one extra mouthful of food just because I like it or because it's on my plate. I just know when I have had sufficient.

This is only one little benefit but it's very nice to never feel too full :)

Just wanted to share that, hope it helps someone and wish you much peace and joy :) :) :)

2. sarita

sarita Member

Hi Pollyanna, that sounds amazing.
    What does that mean, the latest 'Good Life'? (I'm new around here).
    Also could you clarify something from me. As I understand it the Lifeflow series teaches brain entrainment and there isn't a meditation technique taught with it as well. Is that right? What has created this result for you - simply listening to the entrainment cds or also meditating, and if so, which method have you used?
    Did you have a lot of food cravings before?
    Thanks for sharing,
    Sarita

3. GilesC

GilesC Member

Hi Sarita,

Ok... the "Good Life" is a periodic newsletter that Michael (the founder of Project Meditation) sends out to members who sign up for it. I think if you request to download the demo of Lifeflow you can be put on the mailing list for it. It contains insights and inspirations etc. as you'd expect.

You're right that the Lifeflow series are for brainwave entrainment, and they're typically used alongside meditation, though they are not meditation in their own right. Many people learn meditation in different ways, from books, from the internet, from going to classes or specific courses etc., though you can learn a form of meditation for free by downloading Michael's "Discover Meditation" cd's from the link at the top of the forum.

Here's a direct link to them...

http://www.project-meditation.org/project-meditation.zip

There's a few CD's there that start off with the basics and guide you to extend your time of meditation etc. There's not much to it in reality, but it's nice to have someone initially guiding you. And if you have any questions, feel free to ask on these forums.

From what I know of Polly from her previous posts, she uses both meditation and Lifeflow in her daily life.

Hugs

Giles

4. pollyanna

pollyanna Moderator

Hi Sarita and welcome to the community :)

I think anyone who has listened to the LifeFlow demo or purchased LifeFlow receives the "Good Life" which gives ongoing advice and tips.

LifeFlow guides you into various Alpha, Theta and Delta beneficial states. You can use any meditation technique you choose. "Discover Meditation" is a great course based on using a mantra. This is free to download and is first class. I meditate, relax, read, study etc. with LifeFlow.

"Classical Magic" is a track of baroque classical music incorporating the specific 7.83 Hz frequency which is the earths natural frequency known as the Schumann Resonance. This frequency protects you from EMF (electro magnetic field) pollution that is all around us with wi-fi's, mobile phones etc. I often play this when we have people over for a meal. I think I know exactly when I have had just sufficient to eat because of regular meditation with LifeFlow.

I don't think I had many cravings - maybe I did a bit of comfort eating or ate if I felt bored but I do remember thinking or saying after a meal "Ohhh I wish I hadn't had that extra bit, I feel too full now."

Hope that helps and wish you much peace and joy :) :) :)

P.S. Just realised I cannot remember the last time I felt bored either