Cosmos and ourselves are mutually creating – mutually included.

Discussion in 'Mind, Body & Spirit' started by Ramai, Feb 8, 2011.

1. Ramai

Ramai Member

Love,
    Ramai

2. Karmoh

Karmoh Member

As realisation dawned that, “I” was just a letter, the language of thought and no more. I can read this passage absorb its wonderful essence and then allow the concepts that it brings to mind to float away. :)

peace :)

3. Midnight

Midnight Member

What a wonderful article. It's not that the universe is meaningless, but the idea of a meaning is one that we create. Everything is honored but nothing matters. Everything that happens is full of meaning that you choose. Everything you do is important because you choose. There is no objective meaning or value to follow, it's one you create, and because of that it is important. Yet while everything is honored, nothing really matters.

Very difficult to convey what I'm feeling in response to this article...

Thank you for posting this Ramai!

4. olmate

olmate Member

Hi Ramai,

A couple of friends came over for dinner the other night. One of them was glancing through some of my library. She posed the question, "When meditating, what should my expectations be? What should I expect to happen? Why would I bother?"

It occured to me that at that moment, particularly in this western society that we are often conditioned to thinking in terms of profit and loss - as if it was some form of production line or commercial undertaking. The time expended to sit and meditate was couched as an "investment" and so the question came quickly down to "what is in it for me"?

A number of the books in the library offered a whole list of returns - some plausable, some less so.

But when it is distilled down, none of these claims are really of the slightest importance, particularly so if meditation is akin to allowing Spirit to breathe just like breath brings life and vitality to the body. The only important thing all said and done is that Spirit lives, that it lives wholly and it realizes its union will all in this all too brief life.

And on that night, just as it has over the ages, it resonates with some and not with others.

Nothing but the best...

Olmate

Last edited: Feb 12, 2011
  5. Karmoh

Karmoh Member

Exactly Olmate, :)
    We are a conditioned consumer society. The realisation that we have collectively traded our true nature in for material advantage was at first astonishing then funny. Seeing through this folly opens up a wonderful door to our spirit. Stillness is not something you aspire to or bargain for, it just is.

peace :)

6. MetaCognition

MetaCognition Member

I couldn't agree more. I'm so glad to have found this forum, it doesn't seem like many are aware of their infinite power and beauty!!