1. Unfortunately The Project Meditation Community Forum is no longer active. Although registration and the creation of new posts not possible, you can still read and search the forum...

If you are unable to find what you are looking for within the Project Meditation Community please check out our new Blog and/or our Facebook page.

Continuity

Discussion in 'Meditation Chatter Box' started by Deeks, Jul 25, 2010.

1. Anglepen

Anglepen Member

What a great thread, I have often wondered about the continued/permanent training of the brain via entrainment and such detailed responses really 'flesh out' the discussion.

2. IanT

IanT Member

Continuity - Meditation length

If we reduce to amount of meditation from say 40 to 20 minutes ie. using Life 10 (download version) does it make a difference if we listen to the 1st or 2nd half of the track; I chose to set 'play' at the 20mins point on my music player until the end of the track.
    I just wondered if the first 7/8 mins of the track were designed to induce a meditative state gradually (as opposed to jumping in at the mid point)?
    I have not experienced any problems, I am just curious re the technical aspect/effectiveness. Thank you.

3. GilesC

GilesC Member

Hi Ian,

Unlike a lot of other entrainment products that gradually take you down and then bring you back out again, Lifeflow is straight in there with the required frequency and maintains it till the end of the track. Thus is doesn't matter if you start listening to the track part way through or from the start. Just be aware that it's believed that the average time for the brain to start benefitting from the entrainment is after around 8 minutes of listening, so 20 minutes is fine, but if you reduce it to say 10 minutes or less you probably wouldn't get much benefit.

Hugs

Giles

4. pollyanna

pollyanna Moderator

Hi there,

Have been following this thread with great interest. Having followed Michael's instructions to the letter has enabled me to enjoy many tremendous benefits through regular meditation and understand how each level builds a foundation (or bridge) to the next.

I guess I have taken my knowledge of maths for granted in the past and yet I use the very basics many times each day as most of us do, and yet, I understand many people pay out money for purchases without checking their receipt or their change :eek: Mistakes are often made and my knowledge of maths has saved me from being overcharged (and occasionally undercharged) many times.

Having learned the basics of French with Michel Thomas I realised a few aha moments through repetition which seemed like a revelation at the time. I then moved onto an interactive course with Rosetta Stone. When I achieved between 97% and 100% on the first level, I decided to jump to level 3.

The result was my accent of the sentences would not allow me to go very far and I failed miserably :(

Going back to level 2 created the bridge between levels 1 and 3 :)

As all the levels in both maths and french serve me well on a daily basis, so do all the levels of Alpha, theta and delta.

There are invaluable benefits to be enjoyed within each level of LF to enhance your life on physical, mental and spiritual levels. It's a tool which I will use for the rest of my life.

Hope this makes some kind of sense. I wish you peace and joy in abundance :) :) :)

5. MeditationMan

MeditationMan Member

Makes sense to me! :cool:[/QUOTE]

Great insight. I never really thought of it that way. Hmmmm