Concentration and repetition

Discussion in 'Your Suggestions' started by DanielKotzer, Jul 11, 2014.

1. DanielKotzer

DanielKotzer Guest

Hi,

I just want to share my revelations with you all.

When my interest in meditation started, I was listening to many discussions on meditation, and I couldn't figure out what the purpose of meditation is.

1. To become concentrated on one thing?
    2. To repeat one thing again and again?
    3. To become a passive observer, and not the doer?
    4. To detach yourself from all that is external and go in?
    5. To be in the present?
    6. To look for sensations instead of thoughts?

Eventually I succeeded in putting everything together.

The purpose in meditation is to go into a sleep state or dream state, just as you do at night. What is the sleep state? The sleep state is a state in which you project yourself into the astral plain. The difference is that in meditation you do it consciously, meaning, without loosing your awareness.

The benefits of that are: deep rest, more then you get in sleep, because in sleep, if your mind is not restful, you don't get a good rest. In addition to that, you can draw information from the astral plain, information you wouldn't have access to, on the physical plain, because on the astral plain, you can see things you cannot see on the physical plain.

In order to get into the sleep state, you need to stop all body and mental activities. The main difficulty is to put your mind at rest. Putting your mind at rest, means stopping the Monkey mind from bouncing around. The goal is to have a one pointed mind, by stopping the duality within the mind. A mind bothered with doubt and decision making is a divided mind, torn between many sides, not a one pointed mind. You need to give the mind only one thing to deal with.

There are two ways of doing that:
    1. Concentration
    2. Repetition.
    Repetition works different than concentration. Concentration demands effort. A repetition of a sound, or an action, or a though, has a hypnotic effect on the mind, and makes it settle down on one thing, in a very natural way, by itself, without the effort of concentration.

While you put your body and mind to rest, you need to stay mindful, meaning your must stay active as an observer, because otherwise you'll loose consciousness, and fall a sleep. You might get a very good and resting sleep, but you'll lose the experience of detaching from your body, which is a very important part of meditation, as it teaches you a lesson about yourself – you are not the body or the mind.

Another good effect you get, when you quiet the mind is that you live fully in the present, and enjoy every moment of life, not letting thought about the past and the future, spoil your naturally happy feeling.

That is how I tie everything together, and if it helps anyone else get a better picture of the goal in meditation.