1. Unfortunately The Project Meditation Community Forum is no longer active. Although registration and the creation of new posts not possible, you can still read and search the forum...

If you are unable to find what you are looking for within the Project Meditation Community please check out our new Blog and/or our Facebook page.

Classical Magic

Discussion in 'Meditation Chatter Box' started by Panthau, Jan 19, 2010.

1. sunni_2000

sunni_2000 Member

Hi, I'm listening to it now....it's soothing and very relaxing!

I bought it to help with muscle tension and help ease that..will let you know how I get on!

2. Edwin

Edwin Member

Euh... I am not sure but I think the Schumann resonance is also in the Midnight Express ?

I have not read anywhere if the midnight express is specifically designed for meditation even...

3. pollyanna

pollyanna Moderator

Hi there Basia , I'm so pleased for you and I'm sure it will. Having studied a number of complex scientific reports recently, I've read that aside from helping with increased learning, the Schumann Resonance (within Classical Magic and LF7) re-inforces the immune system and the hormone melatonin which aids restful sleep :)

Michael Hutchison also states in his book "Mega Brain Power" The 7.83 Hz frequency has been found to be one of those "window frequencies" that appear to have a wide range of beneficial effects on human beings ranging from reports of enhanced healing to accelerated learning. When a biological system vibrates at this frequency, it can be said to be in a state of resonance or attunement with the planet's own magnetic frequency....

I wish you much peace and joy :) :) :)

4. Panthau

Panthau Member

Right, i dont use it anyway. Used it once, but want to go on with LF7 anyway.

5. Itlandm

Itlandm Member

The main Schumann Resonance is at 7.83 Hz, so it is not interchangeable with the Midnight Train track which is in the 10 Hz range. The frequency is the same as in LifeFlow 7, but due to the music it is probably not well suited for meditation. Midnight Train, on the other hand, is. So they have quite different design and uses, even though they were released within a short time of each other.

6. Still Waters

Still Waters Member

This is really good and I am listening to it several times a day. I do enjoy classical music although cannot profess to know an awful lot about it.

Can anyone tell me what the pieces are?

Are there any plans to produce any other similar products?

7. BusDriver

BusDriver Member

Another consideration with using multichannel audio equipment is how your software is configured. On all Dolby Digital (AC3) decoders a piece of software exists to redirect frequencies below 100Hz which in certain configurations may remove the binaural elements of Lifeflow. In most surround sound systems a subwoofer is a dedicated channel in AC3 and DTS, but the decoders software can be configured to allow redirection of bass from smaller speakers often referred to as satellites to the subwoofer. As Lifeflow is presented in stereo the only decoding available, if my knowledge is still up to date will be Dolby Surround and Prologic 2 however the subwoofer filter is still active. To ensure correct functioning of binaural beats it is essential that your decoders settings are:
    Front channel = Large,
    Centre channel = Large / Small / Off
    Rear channel = Large / Off
    Subwoofer = On / Off
    So effectively anything which uses information presented in stereo must be unaltered through the large speaker setting. Although the rear channels on Dolby Surround Prologic is referred to as a single channel, that channel is simply out of phase mono information and so the decoder uses a stereo signal to detect this, I have no idea what that might do to a binaural beat. It must also be noted that for stereo bass you will actually need large speakers to match your decoders configuration but if they are not available I would conclude that you will not be hearing binaural beats correctly regardless of decoder configuration, in which case leaving all channels on small setting and the subwoofer on is more suitable so that you can hear frequencies which make up the rest of the Lifeflow where true stereo as far as I am aware is not required.
    Surround effects will definitely cancel binaural beats by phasing audio information hence completely changing the timing between the left and right channels, that is how the surround effects work, but I suppose you will still benefit from other audio information in the Lifeflow tracks, you can experiment and see what works.

As for the audio tracks in Classic Magic, I am listening now at a time after a shift on the coaches where I seem to get no peace and quiet at any point during my working day and instead of my usual crabby mood which I would normally meditate away shortly I am quite relaxed for a change, it helps that I love classical music. I also suppose that my night time meditation might be a little more pleasant if I am a little calmer to start with as I sometimes find the initial starting few minutes a bit of a fight.

8. barsit

barsit Member

Hi, Polyanna,
    You always encourage new members and constantly help others giving valuable information. I also appreciate sharing with us your experiences with LifeFlow. I always look forward to your new posts.

Thank you very much
    Basia

9. Alan Groves

Alan Groves Member

I downloaded mine yesterday and have to say although, like itlandm, I can't hear the entrainment I have played at work on my notebook and in the car and enjoying it, my fiance likes it too and says it makes her feel peaceful. Shoe does not use LF and is unfamiliar with entrainment.

Am i not supposed to play it on car stereo whilst driving?? I know this is not a good plan with LF but thought would be OK with Classical magic? - I never read all the advertising blurb! Just saw the offer, know how much I enjoy LF, and went for it!

10. Itlandm

Itlandm Member

..."because it incorporates LifeFlow® audio technology you should not play while driving."

It says so before you even buy it. (You should not use ANY brainwave entrainment while driving - it may prolong your reaction time.)

It is probably a good idea to stress down after you drive, though, depending on the traffic. :)

11. bvp663

bvp663 Member

I can hear what sounds like the faint thumping of the lifeflow entrainment in the background if I turn my speakers up.

12. chris063

chris063 Member

I have always loved classical music but not really played any myself for a very long time, and it has taken me a little while to get used to Classical Magic. I have been drawn to playing it several times now, just as soft background music, and I am completely Loving it now!!! There is something about the music, about the track, which is just making me feel so very Peaceful, calm, and content!

Today I am working with some loa, writing, I have candles lit, the house is quiet and peaceful, I am playing Classical Magic and really, right now, it IS ALL MAGIC!!!

Thank you for the track Michael, and Much Peace and Joy and Magic to you all

:):):)

Last edited: Jan 22, 2010
  13. Michael Mackenzie

Michael Mackenzie Owner

Playlist

[​IMG]

Here is the playlist for "Classical Magic".

Michael

14. Panthau

Panthau Member

Strange to say, but i associate the negative part of medieval times with this kind of music... though beyond that i feel the beauty of it. Any idea how i could get rid of this? Just "drop" it? :D

15. Itlandm

Itlandm Member

Pan, my recommendation is to relax with a good history book for an evening or two. This music was created during the renaissance and onward, a time of departure from the medieval world. It was a turbulent time, to be sure, but also one in which freedom and individual creativity was let loose on the world. Once you know the background, you can sometimes feel those aspirations of a new and more hopeful age in the art. Unleashed from a worldview of circular time, western civilization could start evolving, with all the dangers and the dreams that entailed.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2010
  16. jonieb

jonieb Member

How do I get access to Classical Magic?

Hi, I recieved an email to say watch out for an email soon about some new exciting recording but never received it.

Can anyone tell me how I access this download (the Classical Magic one I presume from what I can see on the forum).

Thanks very much, Jon

17. jodie

jodie Moderator

jonieb.......

Hi, I have just emailed you with information regarding the 'Classical magic' track.

18. Panthau

Panthau Member

Thanks for that Itlandm! I just try not to be unconscious if associations come up. I have so much association with things, its really painful sometimes.

19. broyles

broyles Member

Hi. How can I order Classical Magic?

Thanks in advance.

20. LP

LP Member

A Masterpiece "Ciassical Magic"

:):):) I brought it too. Its beautifull,i enjoy listenning to it all the time. To get all 3 combination in one is amasing. One can play anytime, anywhere and long as as you want. That what i love most about it.A Classical music of Bach, Brahms, Borodin, Chopin, Grieg and Mozart in one CD is a masterpiece.

Thankyou Michael.:):):)