1. Unfortunately The Project Meditation Community Forum is no longer active. Although registration and the creation of new posts not possible, you can still read and search the forum...

If you are unable to find what you are looking for within the Project Meditation Community please check out our new Blog and/or our Facebook page.

Children

Discussion in 'Mind, Body & Spirit' started by Informer, Nov 10, 2008.

1. Informer

Informer Member

Hi all

New to the site and product.... I'm very intrested to know if peolpe have used LifeFlow with kids and if so what ages and how....

I have a little boy who is 2 1/2 .... I have been playing classic and creative music to him before he was born but have been looking for other music to play to him , when playing or even to start having a chill out time ... only 15 mins .... to get used to the idea of internal thinking and slowing down....

Allot of other meditation production you need headphones which would not work for this young and age and i dont think is a good idea anyway....

Intrested in people thoughts and ideas on this ?

I also goto a Daddies group on a saturday with kids between 1 & 7 years old ... maybe i could sitck the CreativeFlow music on while they are all running around and playing ??

2. bashmaki

bashmaki Member

I put it on when my kids are around. My youngest goes to sleep litening to it, he is 9. He is a keyed up sort of child; it seems to calm him and he sleeps better too. I wouldn't say he acts different or anything . . .but who know . . . with time anything is possible.

gus

3. Informer

Informer Member

what track is it that you use ?

4. bashmaki

bashmaki Member

I make copies of all of them that I download. I then give them to my wife as I get them and she uses them as I have used them. She mixes them up too.
    These kids are very flexible anyway. Making new pathways through my old brain is like working with old wood. These kids are like jello; the pathways are there just looking for something to use them.
    Michael has this spinning lady on one of the informative posts her. If you see her spinning one way you are using the left side of your brain, if you see here spinning the other way you are using the right side of your brain. I was looking at this one day and my 12 yr. old daughter was looking over my shoulder and asked, "How does she do that daddy?"
    I said,"Do what?"
    "Spin both ways." she replied.

I could only see her spin one way at the time. I explained to her what Michael's explanation for this was; she just said, "oh that's weird."

So you see many of these kids that have not been placed into a box by others or themselves already possess these pathways. If prompted to use them they will continue to use them.
    This daughter, BTW, gets A's in everything in school. Is a cross country runner. She is in band and choir. She also loves to draw and do craft projects.

You will find the spinning lady here.

gus

5. pollyanna

pollyanna Moderator

Hi there Informer and welcome to the community. More and more people here are maximizing the use of LifeFlow tracks, Creative Flow and Optimal learning.
    All the LifeFlow tracks are suitable for any age to listen to. My grandchildren of 5 and 7 go to sleep with them. They listen to Creative Flow or Optimal learning to learn french, do homework or when they are doing creative work or crafts. I also often play these when I am studying, writing or working at my computer.

I think they will be inaffective though when children are running round playing - they won't do any harm, I just think their natural wave patterns will be more dominant due to the excitement they are probably experiencing. I'll check this out though and let you know if I am incorrect.

LifeFlow really is amazingly versatile and creates endless benefits. Are you following the fast-track?
    I look forward to hearing about your progress and wish you an abundance of peace and happiness :) :) :)

6. Informer

Informer Member

Hi pollyanna

I used track 10 for the first time this morning for 35 mins......... only using basic breathing technique. I have been using Hemi-Sync and more recently EquiSync ... that’s how I ended up here.... buy using these product first...

I found it very interesting being held at one level for the whole track.... its too early to report much else .... plan to use track 10 for 2 weeks and move on every 2 weeks until I hit Theta which is when I plan to take my time.....

Will be trying to meditate everyday for 30-40 mins .....

Also have tried the learning track while at work and found it really relaxed and focused me ...... time flew and work was easy ...

looking forward to trying the tracks out without headphones...........

I cant see much talk about people who are using the Delta tracks ? have you got to that level ?

My understanding of this level is the best place to visualise your reality and to connect to your inner self ( or what ever you call it ) Delta is the more Spiritual level of the mind ... a gateway to the univeral mind of us all.... dreamtime etc....

Last edited: Nov 11, 2008
  7. pollyanna

pollyanna Moderator

Hi Informer,
    yes I have done the whole LifeFlow series. Now I listen to whichever I choose and am currently using LifeFlow 3. Whichever one I am using I tend to stay with for a while. I believe it's important to stay with each level until you feel really comfortable there and notice changes and improvements in your daily life.

I have noticed for a long time that it no longer always takes 8 minutes to reach the chosen brainwave, your brain just gets used to entraining to various levels, however it does keep you there. I really enjoy "my time" everyday and meditation for me is way more deeper I guess that's because as Michael says LifeFlow keeps you at the level where with traditional meditation this would be much harder to achieve.

You will discover staying at the same frequency is what makes it work so brilliantly :)

I have tried various types of meditation for years and never got the results I was looking for. I used T.M. years ago and because of the cost stuck with it for about 18 months and I have also used Holosync a few years ago and although I did feel a bit strange at first which made me think it was working I never noticed any changes in my life.

Maybe it's horses for courses but LifeFlow has worked incredibly for me and has phenominally changed my life. I wish you as much joy and happiness on your journey of self discovery :) :) :)

8. daisy3

daisy3 Member

Hi informer,
    You might be familiar with this as you've been playing classics i.e
    dan gibson's classic -If you do ignore it.I have been playing it in the background when children(2-5 yrs) are at work and has helped them settle
    in and concentrate well . Now i'm trying creative flow while doing art work
    and it seems to enhance their interest and keep them longer at it.
    Nawang Kencho 's sound of peace which is dedicated to the success of The Dalai Lama's peace plan for Tibet and Pt hariprasad chaurasiya's moon light moods ( both flute recitals) are wonderful too.I find these very helpful for both adults and children.
    I have tried life flow 10 while my 13 yrs old go to bed and she falls asleep in
    5-10 mins after which i switch it off.

Here's another information which i received in my support mail from Michael
    on how people are using LF , creative learning and optimal learning with the children.Just thought of passing it on to you.

"I have two daughters, ages 8 and 6. I too play the LifeFlow series for them, but I play different tracks for them at different times depending on what they're doing at the time.

For example:
    If they're doing homework or studying, I play one of the tracks from the Alpha range (LifeFlow 10, 9, or 8). To quote Michael, "LifeFlow 10, 9 and 8 are various levels of Alpha brain waves." "(Alpha waves) range in frequency from 8 to 12.9 Hz. We enter into a 'Super learning' state within the higher end of Alpha and we also produce calming neuro chemicals."

So from what I understand, these tracks help produce brainwave patterns that are conducive to learning, and relaxing (VERY helpful when they are agitated and don't want to do homework!)

If it's bed time, I play LifeFlow tracks 7, 6, 5, and 4. Again, to quote from this site, "LifeFlow 7, 6, 5 and 4 are various levels within the Theta brain waves." "Theta waves have a frequency range of 4 to 7.9 Hz. Theta waves are frequently accompanied by unexpected, dreamlike mental images. Quite often these images can be accompanied by vivid memories, predominantly childhood memories. Theta is associated with healing, enhanced creativity, sudden insight (eureka or ah-ha moments) when everything suddenly becomes clear."

I feel like they settle down more easily, are more open to healing conversations about their day and their lives, and are more receptive to creative thought that might help them reframe a difficult situation in their lives.

After they have fallen asleep, I switch to LifeFlow tracks 3, 2, & 1. "LifeFlow 3, 2 and 1 are various levels within Delta brain waves." "Delta waves are the slowest brain waves ranging in frequency from 0.1 to 3.9. Usually people are asleep during delta, however there is proof that it is possible to stay alert in this state--an extremely deep trance-like state. Also it is within delta that our brains are triggered to release great quantities of healing growth hormone."

LifeFlow is amazing! With the LifeFlow program you have the opportunity to use what you know about the mind to help your children grow and develop to their fullest potential.

Shine on,"
    Joshua

Have a great week,
    Yours for HUGE meditation success,

Michael Mackenzie.

Daffodil

9. Informer

Informer Member

Thanks for this information