1. Unfortunately The Project Meditation Community Forum is no longer active. Although registration and the creation of new posts not possible, you can still read and search the forum...

If you are unable to find what you are looking for within the Project Meditation Community please check out our new Blog and/or our Facebook page.

Charlie Brown and his Meditation Journey – thanks for joining!

Discussion in 'Meditation Chatter Box' started by CharlieBrown, Aug 20, 2009.

1. CharlieBrown

CharlieBrown Member

So here I am, listening to “Optimal Learning” and writing this first post into my Meditation Journey kind-a-blob. I know that there will be peaks and valleys in this journey, and I am positive I can go through them with a little help from the community: I’ve seen, by browsing the forum, how supportive you can be, and I am looking forward to sharing my journey with you all.

Since we spoke last time (in the “Presentation” thread), I received a “you cannot refuse this offer” mail, and I subscribed to the Life Flow plan: I have just finished downloading LF 10, and tonight I will give it a try, with the first meditation. Even if I know the golden rule of not having any expectations from a meditation session, I must say I am pretty excited by the journey that lies ahead of me, can’t wait to start.

Don’t want to make it too long: I guess this can be it, for the first post. Just a note: given English is not my native language, it will not be easy for me to express feelings and emotions using it. I will however do my best, and I hope you will bear with me, should you decide to do a part of the journey with me.

Needless to say, comments, of any type, are very much appreciated in advance – I am positive they will help me a lot.

Thanks for having read so far – namaste.

2. Still Waters

Still Waters Member

Welcome to the journey and to the community

And your English is just fine :)

3. seatrend8899

seatrend8899 Member

Welecome CB!

Awesome English Charlie Brown! I agree with what you said about the supportive folks here. I am currently on LF7 and really appreciate the relaxation that occurs. Since I have not managed enough time for night rest I tend to fall asleep often while I listen to LF7. This does not concern me because I plan to aim to get more hours of night rest then hopefully my awareness will become more constant. The awareness in meditation is key for optiminal benefit from Lifeflow use. However, I can decide anytime to halt my level advancement and "redo" the levels with better meditation methods applied coupled with getting more hours of sleep at night of course.

My journey is a path that can be halted and the "retrace" anytime as that is what one does after they have used all of the LifeFlow levels.

Looking forward to your journey comments CB.

shine on :) :)

jim

4. CharlieBrown

CharlieBrown Member

So here I am, with my first update. First of all, thanks to Still Water (very nice nick, I believe!) and Jim for their comments, which are very much appreciated!

How am I doing? With regards to method and motivation, I am there: I bought the recommended headset (before I was using in-ear model, but I read they could give trouble), and I am religiously doing one hour of meditation with LF10 a day – 20 minutes in the morning, to better start the day, and the full 40 minutes in the evening.
    In the beginning, to be honest, I was not experiencing anything special – i.e. no difference from just meditating, with some soothing music in the background. Since a few days, things seem to have changed a bit: still no difference in the first 15/20 minutes, but after that I feel something difficult to explain: it is half way between a falling sensation and a very deep relaxation feeling, which I have never experienced before.

The problem is that, while this feeling is extremely pleasant, it is also very new for me, and I have a tendency to resist it, which I cannot control. In practice, when this state comes, I cannot hold it for more than brief moments, and then I react by returning fully alert, so it burst like a soap bubble: there is no way I can stop it for now, regardless how hard I try. As soon as I recognize this “state of mind”, I immediately react to it, and so it finishes. This happens two or three times, then the 40 minutes are over.

Do you have any suggestions about how to get along with these sensations? Why does my body react as if they were negative, despite feeling so well when experiencing them?

5. GilesC

GilesC Member

This is perfectly normal. Our mind fears being let go of and will do anything to try and bring you back to it. One of it's "tricks" is to make you "try" and hold onto the meditative state. The act of "trying" brings your focus to how you "feel" about the state you are in and the moment you "feel" you are brought back to your emotions and your minds thoughts. It's a sneaky thing the mind, but with practice and trust in the fact you'll be ok, the states of meditation will last longer the more you do and you will recognise the mind doing it's thing and learn to let it go before it grabs you.

Hugs

Giles

6. CharlieBrown

CharlieBrown Member

Thanks for your reply, Giles. Being an analytical person, for me "trying" to refrain from "trying" is really difficult, and that involves "trying" as well - but I am positive I will overcome this, once the moment has come...

I wish a good Sunday to you all,

CB

7. GilesC

GilesC Member

Hi Charlie Brown,

It does take practice, but eventually you realise that you can just choose to avoid trying. "trying" is that 'in between' state between achieving something and not achieving it. If we ever "try" and do something we are not telling our unconscious mind of the outcome we desire.

Simply tell yourself that you desire to accept the state of meditation and you have no intention of "trying" to stay in it or resist it. Choose your positive outcome and it will happen. (a bit like Law of Attraction. ;) )

Hugs

Giles

8. CharlieBrown

CharlieBrown Member

Giles: Very - good - point! Actually, talking about "Law of Attraction": some of you may remember my post about experimenting with it. I decided to start by asking "what should I ask for" :)

Well, last Sunday I spent some time cleaning out the house, and while cleaning I came across a book that I bought several years ago, on Natural Vision Improvement. At the time I just disregarded the whole thing as rubbish, but yesterday that book really got my attention. I quickly went through it, and I read several things that, today, don’t look so much rubbish to me anymore, so I decided that is what I will focus on!

Now, I won’t claim that the Universe inspired me to clean the house and that thanks to that I found the book, but here I am anyway! I have also created a Mind Movie, following the instructions I have read in another thread: I am attaching one sample slide, just to show you how it looks like: for the content, I am writing a summary (in English) below. Given I am very new to this, I would really appreciate if someone could provide some input, for example to confirm that I have no “ambiguous statements” (negative forms, confusing verbs…).

Slide 1: I am open to change, and to discover my true Self
    Slide 2: Today I am more aware than yesterday: I am more aware of my body, thoughts and emotions; I know that the results I am obtaining are for my greater good, and the one of all concerned
    Slide 3 (the one I’m including as sample): Today I take control of my life: I am more and more aware that I create my future; I am living the now, with no regret for the past and no fear for the future; I am committed to taking control of my life; I know that the results I am obtaining are for my greater good, and the one of all concerned
    Slide 4: Today I am seeing naturally: My eyes are resting and growing stronger; the exercises I am making are working for me, as they worked for countless people before; the healing process, which has now started, is unstoppable
    Slide 5: Today I give thanks for all good things in life: for the gift of life; for the small things; for my family and my friends; for …

[​IMG]

9. seatrend8899

seatrend8899 Member

CB. I like. I like..........

jim

10. GilesC

GilesC Member

Why not? It's perfectly possible that that is exactly what happend. ;)

Oooo, I just wanted to finish that one ...

Today I give thanks for all good things in life: for the gift of life; for the small things; for my family and my friends; for everything and everyone I come into contact with, as they are all my teachers, as I am theirs.
    A great set of slides. ;)

Hugs

Giles

11. CharlieBrown

CharlieBrown Member

Jim, Giles - thanks to both of you for passing by and sharing your thoughts!
    Until next time,
    CB

12. CharlieBrown

CharlieBrown Member

My 10 reasons for Meditating

Today I would like to share with you the 10 reasons why I started with Meditation:

1. To get in touch with my "inner wisdom"
    2. To create the desert in me required to experience God
    3. To find peace and harmony
    4. To establish a balance between Being and Doing
    5. To tap from my self-healing resources
    6. To acquire understanding of my thoughts, and consciously decide which ones I want to work on
    7. To be able to understand and control my emotions
    8. To forfeit negative thoughts, and focus on positive ones
    9. To learn to live in the "now"
    10. To find the meaning of my life, and to give a meaning to every day

PS: In my posts, I often talk about God. I know this is a sensitive topic, and I sincerely hope that I am not hurting anyone’s sensibility by doing this. If this happens, please be aware this is absolutely non intentional, and I apologize for that in advance.

13. CharlieBrown

CharlieBrown Member

Yesterday, for the second time, I had a very weird experience while meditating (I’m on LF10). In short, half way through the meditation, I saw (visualized?) something like a very strong white light, for just a fraction of a second, something similar to a camera flash, very close, with eyes closed. Only, that white was “whiter than white” – ok, sounds dumb, it’s very difficult to explain though… I was in a dark room, with no lights, curtains closed, eyes closed, therefore the light was just in my mind – plus I doubt that any artificial light can be as white as that one…

Following advice I have received, I am just accepting it, without trying to find a meaning to it. Just wanted to report it in my journal and share it with you, though.

14. Edwin

Edwin Member

If the light appeard dead centre in the middle of your eyes, slightly upwards from your eyes, around the eyebrows, I might have an explanation for you.

But accepting whatever happens during meditation is ALWAYS good advice, so good work !

15. CharlieBrown

CharlieBrown Member

EXACTLY there! It's not brain cancer, is it? :confused:
    You shocked me with your precision in describing it!
    Which explanation did you have in mind?

16. GilesC

GilesC Member

There are many possible "explanations" that could be put forward, but as you correctly say, just accept it happened and let it go.

:)

17. GilesC

GilesC Member

LOL! No, I'm sure it's not brain cancer (although if you're that concerned you should see a doctor).

Edwin is referring to your third eye, the spiritual connection between this "realm" and the "spiritual dimensions" (or one of the other explanations for what the third eye is).

18. Edwin

Edwin Member

Like Giles said, there are a lot of explanations, but personally I think it might have been your third eye opening for a very short time, showing you the divine light of your pure soul. Sounds better than braincancer doesn't it ? ;)

19. Edwin

Edwin Member

LOL Giles, please wait for my answer before you post, and I will await yours.... Geez man, you are just as fanatical as me :p

20. seatrend8899

seatrend8899 Member

Hey Edwin,
    You asked Giles to cover you when you were on vacation. You did his best and now you two guys are a team!!!! :D
    An awesome team as you both care!!!!!!

True tandem in motion and spirit.:):):):)

jim