1. Unfortunately The Project Meditation Community Forum is no longer active. Although registration and the creation of new posts not possible, you can still read and search the forum...

If you are unable to find what you are looking for within the Project Meditation Community please check out our new Blog and/or our Facebook page.

Center of the Center

Discussion in 'Mind, Body & Spirit' started by olmate, Mar 6, 2011.

1. olmate

olmate Member

Sitting early this morning down by the water’s edge, the idea of centering came to mind. The daily practice of sitting, trusting and being brings a wonderful celebration for life. In this place there is no possessing or controlling, just a celebration of being. The daily practice of coming to centeredness - the still point.

Looking further, there is a center to the center. Not an exclusive me, but the center of everything and everyone – a profound unity of being. The eye of the I.

People nearby go about their day. The conversations suggest they are doing the best they can in the realm of “I”. All of us on our seemingly separate journey’s. Yet many totally oblivious to the common destination.

The daily practice of sitting brings a detachment from self-conscious preoccupation. The journey to the center of the center instinctively follows.

A flock of birds went busily about their day too in a nearby tree – but then they already know.

Olmate

2. Panthau

Panthau Member

Had a similar thought today... the wholeness within, the center of "i am", the witness. Things in the world draw our attention outwards, into the chaos... if we find the holy grace within (which isnt hard to find, if one learns to stay still for a while), we can choose where to put our focus and nothing can ever disturb us again - only if we choose to let it happen.

3. Prasanam

Prasanam Member

I totally agree.
    One time, I was meditation about peace. Without any mantra, just the state of being. The people who live in the upper floor, started to argue pretty hard and throw some stuff.
    Normaly, I react a lot to this kind of violence and I wanted to stop my meditation. I said; well, it won't work with all this noise. But I observed this reaction and I stood in the state of peace. I understood that peace has nothing to do with what is going on outside. We decide to be in a state and stuff happens ;)

4. MetaCognition

MetaCognition Member

I love this forum!

Though it's impossible to put it into words, the center of the center comes very close to the experience of witnessing and recognizing the true unity between all of existence. Consciousness itself, the very essence of every "I"s very being, recognizes the reality of the world even though the "I" likes to pretend it's the true viewpoint from which to view the world.

5. Ramai

Ramai Member

Love,
    Ramai