1. Unfortunately The Project Meditation Community Forum is no longer active. Although registration and the creation of new posts not possible, you can still read and search the forum...

If you are unable to find what you are looking for within the Project Meditation Community please check out our new Blog and/or our Facebook page.

can I play lifeflow 10 over speakers to my 2 1/2 year old daughter?

Discussion in 'Meditation Chatter Box' started by mitchelljj, Sep 12, 2008.

1. mitchelljj

mitchelljj Member

Hi,

Can I play lifeflow 10 over speakers to my 2 1/2 year old daughter?

Thanks,

John

2. bashmaki

bashmaki Member

Yes. My 8 year old listens to it every day upon awakening in the morning.

Gus

3. goodoljoshua

goodoljoshua Member

Hi mitchelljj

I have two daughters, ages 8 and 6. I too play the LifeFlow series for them, but I play different tracks for them at different times depending on what they're doing at the time. (While there is a developmental difference between the ages of our children, the basic ideas below will apply to any age groups)

For example:
    If they're doing homework or studying, I play one of the tracks from the Alpha range (LifeFlow 10, 9, or 8). To quote Michael, "LifeFlow 10, 9 and 8 are various levels of Alpha brain waves." "(Alpha waves) range in frequency from 8 to 12.9 Hz. We enter into a 'Super learning' state within the higher end of Alpha and we also produce calming neuro chemicals."

So from what I understand, these tracks help produce brainwave patterns that are conducive to learning, and relaxing (VERY helpful when they are agitated and don't want to do homework!)

If it's bed time, I play LifeFlow tracks 7, 6, 5, and 4. Again, to quote from this site, "LifeFlow 7, 6, 5 and 4 are various levels within the Theta brain waves." "Theta waves have a frequency range of 4 to 7.9 Hz. Theta waves are frequently accompanied by unexpected, dreamlike mental images. Quite often these images can be accompanied by vivid memories, predominantly childhood memories. Theta is associated with healing, enhanced creativity, sudden insight (eureka or ah-ha moments) when everything suddenly becomes clear."

I feel like they settle down more easily, are more open to healing conversations about their day and their lives, and are more receptive to creative thought that might help them reframe a difficult situation in their lives.

After they have fallen asleep, I switch to LifeFlow tracks 3, 2, & 1. "LifeFlow 3, 2 and 1 are various levels within Delta brain waves." "Delta waves are the slowest brain waves ranging in frequency from 0.1 to 3.9. Usually people are asleep during delta, however there is proof that it is possible to stay alert in this state—an extremely deep trance-like state. Also it is within delta that our brains are triggered to release great quantities of healing growth hormone."

LifeFlow is amazing! With the LifeFlow program you have the opportunity to use what you know about the mind to help your daughter grow and develop to her fullest potential. You go Dad!

Shine on,
    Joshua

4. Edwin

Edwin Member

My oldest daughter is 6, and I see a lot of... emotional rocking around inside her that I recognise from my own youth.

The emotions she is going through are normal for children growing up, but I think that if she could learn to face them calmly, she would grow up to be a very stabile, centered women, which I so hope for her.

Are there meditations suitable for children ? Guided meditations maybe ?
    And of course: Is it wise to go that way allready at such a young age ?
    I have allready started with teaching her to breathe, as I know that an occasional deep breath will help amazingly well when you are worked up...

Is there anything more I can do ?

5. newyorker

newyorker Member

Thanks Joshua

Thanks Joshua,

this is awesome. A buddy of mine has had a real challenge getting his young boy to sleep. After listening to creative flow for five minutes he's now sleeping like a baby. NY