1. Unfortunately The Project Meditation Community Forum is no longer active. Although registration and the creation of new posts not possible, you can still read and search the forum...

If you are unable to find what you are looking for within the Project Meditation Community please check out our new Blog and/or our Facebook page.

can i listen while working on computer ?????

Discussion in 'START HERE: Registration & Introductions' started by smilepls, Sep 11, 2013.

1. smilepls

smilepls Member

hello friends.
    i am new to lifeflow and meditation at all. i want to ask you guys can i listen to lifeflow 10 while doing my computer work. will it give any benefit for me if i listen daily 40 minutes in office while doing normal office work at computer ?

please reply soon.

thanks and best regards,

2. pollyanna

pollyanna Moderator

Welcome to the community smilepls :)

When you receive LifeFlow 10 you also have access to two bonus tracks Optimal Learning and Creative Flow. I play either of these when I am working at my computer. Here's how they are useful:-

You can listen to Optimal Learning with headphones and without and you can play for as long as you choose whenever you are learning, studying, working at the computer or simply relaxing.

Science has proven it time and again. You will increase retention and learn with much less mental effort. This breakthrough track has been designed to gently guide you in to the alpha brainwave state commonly named by scientists as “The super learning state”. You will be able to get in the zone instantly and save hours of wasted time. Your reading or studying becomes laser focused, as you retain more at faster speeds.

Creative Flow has been precisely designed to gently guide you into an enjoyable and inspiring theta brainwave state associated with enhanced creativity.

Countless studies have proven that theta brainwaves are highly present in our creative processes and by entering the THETA state of mind, you actually enhance your insight and creativity

You can listen to Creative Flow with headphones and without and you can play for as long as you choose with a variety of activities. Here are a few suggestions…

.Relaxing
    .Studying and revising
    .Designing, painting and creative work
    .Reading
    .Working at computer
    .Using affirmations and auto suggestions

Here's how to use LifeFlow for either meditation or relaxation.

Sit or lie down, get comfortable and make sure you are somewhere that you won’t be disturbed. Turn off your phone and any other devices or equipment that might cause disruption. It’s preferable if the lighting is somewhat dim or even off.

Now, press play, close your eyes gently, take a comfortable deep breath in, pause just a moment, then let the breath out just slightly slower than normal and relax. Repeat the deep breathing two more times, then, if you already have an established technique for meditation, you may begin practicing it while the LifeFlow track plays quietly in the background. If you do not have a meditation technique you can download the free "Discover Meditation" course from the top left of the community. The entrainment waves will facilitate your entry into the state of meditation and help you to remain there far more consistently than you otherwise would. The purpose of meditation is going within, to the space in each of us that is peaceful, still and beneath the multitude of busy distracting thoughts. To rest in this place a little each day creates so many immediate and long term benefits.

If you do not want to practice meditation, just remain as you are, relaxing, breathing, relaxing and breathing while LifeFlow plays quietly in the background. Listening to entrainment while simply relaxing can enhance your experience of relaxation which, in turn, can enhance your sense of well-being, reduce stress, improve immune system function and have a host of other beneficial effects.

Look forward to hearing how you progress and wish you much peace and joy :) :) :)

3. medflows

medflows Member

Hi Pollyanna and others,

I am at level 10. I listen to it once or twice a day in the morning and night.

Can I listen to Optimal Learning along with level 10 ? I mean at different times of the day of course ?

Or do I have to complete levels 10 , 9 and 8 and then listen to Optimal Learning ?

Thanks!

4. GilesC

GilesC Member

You can listen to Optimal Learning at any time, regardless of what Lifeflow level you're at.

:)

Giles

5. pollyanna

pollyanna Moderator

Hi medflows and welcome to the community :)

yes you can listen to both Optimal Learning and Creative Flow at other times of the day than LifeFlow 10. Copied the following suggestions for you below:-

6. medflows

medflows Member

Thanks Giles and Polyanna...

One more question.... I understand Creative Flow uses a frequency of the level of LifeFlow 7, 6, 5 and 4 (Theta) and level 10 is Alpha. While still getting used to lifeflow 10, wont it be confusing to the brain to be jumping between these two levels if I listen to Creative flow along with level 10 on the same day ?

Since it is recommended to stay at one level for around 30 - 60 days, I assume the reason being brain should entrain on one level for sufficient length of time to get long term benefit. So i get this confusion abt jumping between both 10 and Creative Flow on the same day. Pls remember i am just beginning LF with level 10.

7. pollyanna

pollyanna Moderator

Hi medflows,

it's important to become comfortable and familiar with LifeFlow 10 when meditating because it will create the foundation for you to meditate at the slower conscious alpha level of LifeFlow 9.

It's absolutely fine for you to play Creative Flow when you are not meditating. Here’s a piece from the instructions:-

Creative Flow has been precisely designed to gently guide you into an enjoyable and inspiring theta brainwave state associated with enhanced creativity.

Countless studies have proven that theta brainwaves are highly present in our creative processes and by entering the THETA state of mind, you actually enhance your insight and creativity...

You can listen to Creative Flow with headphones and without and you can play for as long as you choose with a variety of activities. Here are a few suggestions…

.Relaxing
    .Studying and revising
    .Designing, painting and creative work
    .Reading
    .Working at computer
    .Using affirmations and auto suggestions

Here’s a link to some great information that you will find really informative too:-

http://www.project-meditation.org/c...nciples-meditation-entrainment.html#post12298

Hope this helps and please ask anything you are not sure about. Look forward to hearing how you progress and wish you much peace and joy :) :) :)