1. Unfortunately The Project Meditation Community Forum is no longer active. Although registration and the creation of new posts not possible, you can still read and search the forum...

If you are unable to find what you are looking for within the Project Meditation Community please check out our new Blog and/or our Facebook page.

Brothers and sisters, nice to meet thou.

Discussion in 'START HERE: Registration & Introductions' started by Valoisa Varjo, Sep 2, 2013.

1. Valoisa Varjo

Valoisa Varjo New Member

Good evening my friends across the globe.
    I have found love for meditation thru' times of depression, weakness and anxiety. That is why I have decided to register for this forum.
    I am young man from the land of North where neither Sun or God sees,
    Northern country known only for being between Soviet Union and Ikea.

Meditating is seen as 'gay' or 'hippie' by many in here, since nowadays majority of atheists have created an idea, that finding inner peace and oneness with All is only for stupid people and materialism is the way to go.
    Religious Christians are not exactly better, because many of them see meditation as a game of Satan and man.

The people who are openly speaking about positive sides of meditation usually smoke marihuana, have schitzophrenia and don't have jobs, so it is not great for image of meditation either, am I right my friends?

But still, may you be in peace and so may I.
    I have much to learn about meditation.

2. Blue Rose

Blue Rose Member

From the Northern landscapes

Hello there, Valoisa Varjo!

Your user name and description about your country makes me guess that we are from the very same country. It is very likely that I am about 30 years older than you, and therefore I do not see things in so dark colors... I have noticed that meditation and Mindfullness is becaming more and more popular nowadays. Many seeks help from these to reduce their stress. And there is something called "Christian meditation", too. Of course, there is some people and groups that do not accept anything that smells "orientic".
    I hope you learn to go your own way, not caring too much about others opinions. It maybe little hard for a young person like you. I wish you everything good in your life,s journey. God Bless You, Son!

Blue Rose