1. Unfortunately The Project Meditation Community Forum is no longer active. Although registration and the creation of new posts not possible, you can still read and search the forum...

If you are unable to find what you are looking for within the Project Meditation Community please check out our new Blog and/or our Facebook page.

breathing vs mantra focusing

Discussion in 'Meditation Chatter Box' started by joanstari, Feb 13, 2008.

1. joanstari

joanstari New Member

Hi. I'm Joan and I'm very new to meditation.
    I'd like to know your opinion on meditation focusing on a mantra or on breathing.
    What's the most effective in your own experience?
    Can you practice both at the same time?

Any help there would be great. Thanks and congratulations for the Forum.

2. pollyanna

pollyanna Moderator

Hi Joan,
    I think breathing or mantra meditation are both excellent. Discover meditation teaches mantra so that is what I and many other people here have learned. Many people here are enjoying so many wonderful benefits this way. I often do a couple of minutes of deep breathing before I begin as Michael teaches on Discover Meditation. I highly recommend you use your karma credits to download Discover Meditation and LifeFlow 10 and begin the fast track. Enjoy - happiness and joy :) :) :)

3. Edwin

Edwin Member

Yep if you are new to meditation, trying the free course is the best way to learn ! the meditation course as provided by project-meditation is so simple compared to other methods, I suggest you try it !