1. Unfortunately The Project Meditation Community Forum is no longer active. Although registration and the creation of new posts not possible, you can still read and search the forum...

If you are unable to find what you are looking for within the Project Meditation Community please check out our new Blog and/or our Facebook page.

BrainEV

Discussion in 'Meditation Chatter Box' started by ellisd, Aug 25, 2009.

1. ellisd

ellisd Member

So i tried this other program for meditation, but it starts out with a descent to theta range and stays there for a bit.

I believe this has caused me depression, as theta can deal with depression I believe?

Just after a few days I noticed this

So I think im gonna come back to this program for a bit as its just alpha which is very relaxing and great for stress which is my primary goal :)

2. GilesC

GilesC Member

Hi Ellisd,

Yes, it's possible to "jump straight in at the deep end", and this can be quite a shock, especially if you are not prepared for how deep it is.

Different levels of depth with bring up different issues/emotions etc.

If we start with the lesser levels this can introduce us gradually to our issues and give us the opportunity to recognise these and deal with them. As we move on we can get deeper and deeper, but have greater experience and understanding about dealing with the issues.

Hugs

Giles

3. ellisd

ellisd Member

Thanks, yea that sounds about right.
    I believe the theta descent did bring up some emotions which I didnt like.

I like this lifeflow much better and im gonna stick to it, after one day use, I feel more relaxed, im guessing I lack alpha brainwaves :) I love you alpha

4. Panthau

Panthau Member

Same for me. When i tried Theta or deeper, i got anxious and depressed. After months of listening to Lifeflow 10, 9 and 8 i finally arrived at 7 (theta) and i love it. No more anxiety or depression when you´re ready for it :)

Pan

5. seatrend8899

seatrend8899 Member

Awesome Pan! :):):):):):):):)

I recall your posts about LF9. My problem is I have had no upheaval at all so far whcih I attribute to falling asleep to often.

Did you use the meditation stool from around LF9 onwards? I recall that you were about to buy a Hi Tech gaming chair at one point. I guess you decided a better choice?

Thanks in advance for feedback.

P.S. Great avatar. good looking dude :)

shine on :) :)

jim

6. Panthau

Panthau Member

hi jim :)

That gaming chair was just a joke, i tried it a few times and then gave it to my son :)

Im using the meditation chair since LF10/beginning 9 if i remember right. I hope that it will help you staying aware and not falling asleep!

On the other hand, i wouldnt stress me if theres no upheaval yet..maybe it comes at later levels? Maybe you´re clean of all emotional confusion? :) :)

Thanks for the compliment, ill let my ego know :p
    Btw, time for your own avatar, isnt it? :)

7. seatrend8899

seatrend8899 Member

Hi Pan,
    No no there is "no Mr.Clean free of stuff here". Since I first started speaking I stuttered. This is something that I have "adjusted to" yet at times somethings "throw me for a loop". Many moons ago after I mentioned to Edwin in a dumb post about the spelling of the word Kanucks he mentioned that I should try to speak in Dutch (i then "fell" away from the forum for awhile)....well often depending on my mood and "the voice in the head that says....you stutter how come you are not right now" even my mother tongue of English is well.... less "cultured".
    I have no false hopes of meditation curing my speech but if it improves even a "wee bit"........awesome!!!:) :)

oh you had to mention the Avatar....i gotta do that...:D :D

jim

8. GilesC

GilesC Member

Have you tried EFT for it? There's a good chance it can help. ;)

Hugs

Giles

9. Panthau

Panthau Member

But your stuttering makes you the person you are :)
    I´ve learned that if you accept whatever your problem is,
    others also accept it without questioning it.

I for example have a slight potbelly (im working on it *g*), and
    if im unsure about that with girls, its totaly negative. If i dont care,
    the girls even seem to like it *gg*

Nevertheless i hope you find the cure you need :))

10. seatrend8899

seatrend8899 Member

EFT...hmmm

Thanks Giles and Pan!

Giles I have been thinking about EFT for awhile now. In the short term, my main focus will be to build a meditation stool. I have a "hundred" unread EFT emails in my mailbox as I did download the course..that i did not look at yet :eek:. Does EFT work on special nerve connections like acupuncture?

Pan,
    Thanks for the very true point of being "who we are". Perhaps I can be a "tad" better over time. About the pot belly just keep up with the workouts....over time...time is the key....and hell if the ladies don't mind!!

Great place, great people on PM :) :)

jim

11. Panthau

Panthau Member

Btw, i and my (ex or not ex, no one knows for sure lol) girlfriend are using EFT successfully. She cured her insomnia with it and you can use it on every emotion you want. Its totaly easy once you learned how to do it and you need maybe 1-2mins for it!

12. CharlieBrown

CharlieBrown Member

Looks like you have some meditation to do there, to find clarity on the issue... :p

13. Panthau

Panthau Member

haha, i do :)

14. Edwin

Edwin Member

Omg I am sorry, it was a silly joke, no more, really !!!:eek:

15. GilesC

GilesC Member

EFT (and some of the other "meridian therapies" or "mind therapies") are often referred to as "Psychological Acupuncture without the needles". :) So, yes, it works on what we call meridian points just like acupuncture or acupressure,

EFT has been used to treat all sorts of things, including stuttering...

Search Results: stutter

Hugs

Giles

16. seatrend8899

seatrend8899 Member

Superb Folks Here!

Giles - Thanks for added insight into EFT and the link. I will certainly explore further.

Edwin - No problems at all. You and other mentors on this forum just keep on "bringing it"..helping and caring for people that you have never even met. I am humbled by your caring natures.

Pan - Again, thanks so much for the meditation stool plans.

shine on (and another heartfelt "thanks" to all) :) :)

jim

17. sogno

sogno Member

Hi Jim,

I do not stutter but I do the reverse as I can speak so quickly that the resulting sound is some what out of space. I used to be so embarassed about it, and sometimes I can still feel quite bad about it, especially when people look at me in dismay! Some ther times no sound come out of me, which maybe is a bit like stuttering. Some other times my throat hurt so much, it feels like a hand is blocking the air and then again, the resulting sound is absolutely Martian like. On top of it all, I have serious difficulties in pronuncing many English sounds. I know, what the...! I too have signed up for the EFT course but not often have the time or the detemination to read the article. However, I have come across this article, which I think it may be of intrest to you. Althogh it relates to pronunciation, it can be applied to any type of speaking challenges:

Using EFT to learn foreign language pronunciation

I have not tried EFT yet but I intend to do so in the near future. I will keep you posted.

I understand how you feel. People judge others by the way they speak, especially in England where the 'class system' (and England is class divided) is identified by the way one speaks. I also agree with Pan as it is important to accept ourself as we are. I don't suffer so much about it now and I have noticed that people don't notice it as much, unless they are just pretending for fear of being punched right in the middle of their snob faces ;) as I don't take that sort of nonsense anymore; however, accepting oneself does not mean that there is no space for improvement. That being the case, nobody would have learnt to read or write.

I have been researching a bit on the subject as I really desire to overcome all my speaking challenges, with the knowledge that it all comes from within, (if I learnt to speak this way, I can learn to speak in a different way). I have found many articles citing that NLP can help with stutter (one below):

Neuro-linguistic programming (NLP) and Neuro-Semantics index page - British Stammering Association

Alos, check out HAMR:

Hand Actuated Mental Reconditioning

All in all, what is important is to love yourself as you are, as stopping stuttering will not bring self love. Love yourself first and then work on our speech or anything else you want to improve. It is much easier to achieve goals when we love ourself as we are.

Sorry for the long post, it was meant to be much quicker... lol!:eek:

I wish you all the best in your journey. Please let me know of your progress. You have got all my support. Lets do it together (gosh, I'm still writing he he)

Love Sogno x

18. seatrend8899

seatrend8899 Member

Sogno my friend. Your post was an amazing way to start my week. Thank you so very much. It was not long at all but it was long on sharing and caring.

My speech issue usually always is of a "blocking" issue where there are pauses before certain words usually the ones with harder constants. I can literally lose my breath during these pauses. The issue is totally psychosomatic as there are times that I am speaking clearly and fluently then "a little voice in my head" says "hey, what's going on here then...you have a speech problem" then of course the "little voice wins"....
    When I ma angry though the "little voice" has no chance to "interupt" and I have no problem with speech flow at all.....:D.
    What I believe is that since my father was a very quiet type as a very young child when I first made a few "normal during the initial learning phase" speech repetitions I must have picked up on the "concern" that my parents showed. Well, for a child that picked up indifference concern was a comforting thing.............well we know that can "grow it's own wings". Since the statics reflect that most people with speech issues are male it seems to me that my theory of my early childhood is a common root cause.

I plan to investigate EFT. We can then support each other over the many days, weeks, months and years because friend we have the time. We can learn over time to "shave down our rough edges" and improve.

Thanks again so very much for your post Sogno.

jim