1. Unfortunately The Project Meditation Community Forum is no longer active. Although registration and the creation of new posts not possible, you can still read and search the forum...

If you are unable to find what you are looking for within the Project Meditation Community please check out our new Blog and/or our Facebook page.

body shacking

Discussion in 'Mind, Body & Spirit' started by Ailsa, May 7, 2010.

1. Ailsa

Ailsa Member

Hi Guys

This is my first post, so be gentle with me;)
    I started the life flow program about 3 weeks ago. Lovin it.
    However, yesterday and today during my 40 min session my body has started to shake/tremor physically, especially my legs. It's not my imagination as I've opened my eyes to look. Is this a side effect. Also I feel very spaced out.

Looking forward to you're comments Oh wise ones:D

xx

2. KeithP

KeithP Member

Hi Ailsa,
    Shaking and involuntary twitching are common whilst meditating.
    When I first learnt transcendental meditation in 1977 we we told that this was simply the manifestation of stress release from the body. If you research other threads on this site you will find mention of kriya's and suchlike causing the shaking.
    You will probably find that it comes and goes with your practice, it certainly does with me. It should not be an unpleasant sensation, quite the opposite in fact.
    As regards the spaced out feeling following your practice. Be sure to sit quietly for at least two minutes when you have stopped meditating. You can even lie down if you wish. This will prepare you for returning to your everyday world. You may also wish to cut down the time spent in a single session of meditation. Most people start off with 20 minute sessions.
    Good luck and best wishes,
    Keith

3. Ailsa

Ailsa Member

Thanks Keith for confirming that for me, I kind of suspected that was the case.
    I have been practicing meditation on and off for years including training in TM but just never seemed to get it, all I experienced was boredom. Life flow is a totally different experience. I'm so thankful I found it.

Kindest thoughts xx