1. Unfortunately The Project Meditation Community Forum is no longer active. Although registration and the creation of new posts not possible, you can still read and search the forum...

If you are unable to find what you are looking for within the Project Meditation Community please check out our new Blog and/or our Facebook page.

Big T Differences in techniques

Discussion in 'Science of Meditation' started by Big T, Mar 31, 2009.

1. Big T

Big T Member

I've just went through the discover meditation CD's. They were somewhat different than TM which I have been using for several years. I kept the same mantra but the process of Discover took to me to the proper state faster and reinforced what I learned in TM. What are the specific differences between the two ??

2. pollyanna

pollyanna Moderator

I believe the purpose of meditation is going within to the space in each of us that is peaceful, still and beneath the multitude of busy distracting thoughts. To rest in this place a little each day creates so many immediate and long term benefits.

This sanctuary and healing place is within each and every one of us, however in the hectic society we live in it seems long forgotten even though it is the most natural thing we can do to improve our emotional, spiritual and physical well being.

T.M. and Discover Meditation both use a mantra and beyond that, the difference for me is that one is free and the other about 2,500 dollars. T.M. perform an initiaton type ritual and choose your mantra according to your age and sex although they tell you it has been personally chosen for you.

I personally discovered this because a number of years ago members of my family of different sexes and ages checked out the given mantra's some years later and found it to be correct.

Discover Meditation has the extra's of the gratitude exercise and the meditation timers.

The process of both T.M. and Discover Meditation can be dramatically speeded up with LifeFlow audio technology.

Hope this helps you and I wish you peace and joy on your journey of self discovery :) :) :)