Beyond the Horizon

Discussion in 'Thought For Today' started by olmate, Jun 24, 2012.

1. olmate

olmate Member

I meditate because I know with absolute certainty that I must pass through and beyond this thing I call “me”. I know that I am called to transcend the sterility of the closed system, of a purely introspective mind. I know, with an ever greater clarity, that I have to pass beyond isolation into Love and oneness.

It is curious that introspection, the mind turned in upon itself, should lead to such sterility. Why should a self-centered consciousness be so sterile? Suppose for example we try to analyze some experience of our own. The almost inevitable consequence is that we end up observing ourselves in the act of observation. The deeper the degree to which we turn in upon ourselves, the more complex will be the degree to which we become fixated on our own self-consciousness. The result is like being trapped in a hall of mirrors where we constantly take the image for reality. And all we have are images of ourselves.

But dedication to the simplicity of the “Way” builds a clear awareness beyond our own horizons to what is.

olmate

2. Panthau

Panthau Member

Without the false "i" there would be no experience of passing through this "i" possible... so lets be thankful for dreaming such a weird dream of someone living in this weird world. :D

3. complicated chris

complicated chris New Member

That is an amazing concept I hadn't thought of, I feel that we all are part of a greater whole but I have been too involved in my own problems to realize that my problems are the problems of everyone.

4. olmate

olmate Member

Yes it is easy to get wrapped up with what is in front of us. I guess it is an "instinct" to seek shelter. But as soon as we hide under a roof we can lose sight of infinity and be fooled into thinking that what is immediately around us is reality.

As a little life practice I like to just walk outside and look to the sky - peer into infinity, lean into eternity. The dross and trivia of the day evaporate pretty quickly with that perspective...

Olmate