1. Unfortunately The Project Meditation Community Forum is no longer active. Although registration and the creation of new posts not possible, you can still read and search the forum...

If you are unable to find what you are looking for within the Project Meditation Community please check out our new Blog and/or our Facebook page.

1. bornjoyful

bornjoyful Member

hello. I started listening yesterday to the free CD and reading more about Lifeflow. I have been meditating for year and am finding the heartmath emwave very helpful.
    I was wondering why there is no track with low to mid beta which may be helpful for ADHD?

I also wondered about listening order. I have understood it is best to start at ten and finish at one and that it may take about ten months but, where do the bonus tracks fit in? Also if one was trying to prepare for a meeting/task/ challenge compared to relaxing unwinding or trying to fall asleep surely the first few tracks are better for the former and the last three tracks for the latter

or am I missing something critical in my understanding?

blessings

Tania

2. pollyanna

pollyanna Moderator

Hi Tania and welcome to the community :)

Not sure why there is not a lower Beta track - perhaps it's because regular meditation allows you to be in the lower beta states in daily life, when you are focused and alert. Or it may be because the gamma tracks "Awaken" and "Nirvana" are helpful for ADHD - I know they have proven to be helpful with ADD

Here's a link that explains how each level of LifeFlow builds a foundation for the next deeper level:-

http://www.project-meditation.org/c.../1437-experiences-lf-9-lf-1-a-2.html#post7113

The following posts and links explain how people are using and benefiting from the bonus tracks:-

LF is just outstanding! I received the CDs on friday and decided to give it a shot. I have tried all sorts of brain enhancement technologies( from brainsync to iMusic) , but this is by far the best. So, on monday, all my classmates were stressed out about this super very important exam that afternoon so be4 I went to school I just listened to LF 10 and it worked wonders : all my fears and my anxiety were gone, replaced by a sense of wellbeing and fulfillment. I also listened to optimal learning right be4 the exam,and i felt very confident and focused. I totally aced it! I am so happy that I stumbled upon this amazing technology!
    http://www.project-meditation.org/c...es/2716-i-passed-my-exam-100-a.html#post13830

I do fact checking as a side job. For those not familiar with fact checking, basically I read a manuscript for a book to be printed (most often trivia or bathroom tomes of useless facts), pick apart every single sentence to find things that could possibly be factually incorrect. Like for example (from wikipedia):

"Albert Einstein received the 1921 Nobel Prize in Physics "for his services to Theoretical Physics, and especially for his discovery of the law of the photoelectric effect."

I would have to verify the following facts on 2+ credible websites.
    1. That his name is spelled correctly.
    2. That he did, in fact, receive a Nobel Prize.
    3. That he received it in 1921 and for specifically Physics.
    4. That this quote exists in this exact form and that it pertains to Albert Einstein's receiving the Nobel Prize in 1921 for Physics.

So, as you can imagine, it gets extremely boring and tedious. However, lately I have been listening to the Optimal Learning track while I do it. I have honestly found myself enraptured by these seemingly useless facts. I have often lost myself deep in it, realizing an hour later that I have completed a good four pages!

It might also be the new peaceful, less-stress mentality I'm leaning towards after starting Life-Flow. Or even the gracious lifestyle I'm striving for after my second week of performing the gratitude exercise and reading the inspiring posts by pollyanna and the crew.

But most likely, its all of these things and more.

Keep up the great work! I'm loving how I feel.

http://www.project-meditation.org/c...s-stories/1542-optimal-learning.html#post7738

I came into this a skeptic, looking for a way to develop positively. Other methods had not worked for me. I wasn't looking for a quick fix, but for something life-changing and permanent.

I must say, as I have listened to the 1st LifeFlow unit, (haven't gone to any other level yet), I am much more calm overall in day-to-day life. I've even lost a little weight because I don't have cravings anymore and I move around more because I have more energy.

This is the first real improvement I've seen in my overall well-being than any relaxation or meditative method I've tried.

So far, inside and out, there's been improvement.....I'll keep you posted!

http://www.project-meditation.org/c...-stories/6443-well-interesting.html#post21640

Personally, I play Creative Flow or Nirvana whenever I am working at my computer. I play them when I'm relaxing or curled up in a chair with a good book. Before I began meditating with LifeFlow, I would find my mind wandering all over the place and end up having to read the same page over and over again.

My grandchildren play various LifeFlow tracks to drift off to sleep (their choice is based on which soundscape they prefer) I can understand why you suggest the lower Delta levels, however, I believe any of them will help ease you into sleep.

Once they are asleep the tracks are switched off, allowing their normal sleep cycle to continue.

I hope this helps and wish you much peace and joy :) :) :)