1. Unfortunately The Project Meditation Community Forum is no longer active. Although registration and the creation of new posts not possible, you can still read and search the forum...

If you are unable to find what you are looking for within the Project Meditation Community please check out our new Blog and/or our Facebook page.

Best way to listen to Lifeflow

Discussion in 'Meditation Chatter Box' started by enz00, Jan 26, 2014.

1. enz00

enz00 Member

Hey there, i'm an experienced meditator and have been using isochronic tones / binaurals for a while and i must say the quality of Lifeflow is indeed admirable.

I have a small dilemma tho, it's mentioned to "meditate" to it. I first listened to it while laying down in bed as comfortable as i could for several days, even tried it in actual meditation. But today i thought i'd listen to it sitting at the computer, while at the same time playing an audiobook (i love psychology books/audiobooks and listen to them all the time). *To my surprise* the effect that the audio had on me seemed to be by far the strongest felt, one reason while i may imagine for this is the fact that while at the computer listening to an audiobook my attention is easily grounded in the moment because it must be in order to understand everything being said, and in having my attention grounded into the moment by the audiobook, the effect of the LifeFlow audio is somehow being absorbed at "full capacity".

Just wanted to ask any thoughts on this.

Thank you in advance

2. GilesC

GilesC Member

Hi Enz00

It's an interesting question.

I can see how your being focused could provide a good experience with Lifeflow as your thoughts are less likely to be bouncing all over the place, and it's certainly known that you can use Lifeflow at other times than when meditating (I know PollyAnna the moderator here does that all the time).

However, when you're listening to your audiobooks, you will still be having an active mind, thinking about what is being said and interpreting and digesting it and comparing it to what you already know, or bringing up thoughts as you hear things that are new to you. I can imagine that Lifeflow is probably helping to embed this information into you.... but, when we meditate we aim to quieten the thoughts to the point that we become completely detached from them (the thoughts still flow but we don't attach to them). In this mind state, the benefits of Lifeflow are free to entrain the brain without being impeded by our focus or distraction on other things; without us putting brain energy into other things.

You say that you feel that lifeflow is felt 'strongest' when you listen to it with your audiobooks, yet these 'feelings' are superficial attractors in the mind. Just because you're not feeling it strongly during meditation doesn't mean you are not getting the most benefit during meditation. The fact that you may not be feeling much, or indeed anything during meditation could actually be considered a good thing, as it would mean that there is nothing getting in between the lifeflow track and the entrainment process on the brain.

Hugs

Giles

3. enz00

enz00 Member

Thank you for this, as it has given me an "AHA..." moment. I feel i have certain energy blockages on parts of my body (whether you wish to name them blocked chakras or muscle tension), and certain tracks give me fairly intense sensations both mentally and physically(especially in those specific parts of my body), while others have a much smaller felt effect. Some tracks affect certain levels of consciousness and emotions which in turn are tied to specific parts of the body where the "grief" tends to be stored, so this would explain the variety in intensity felt when listening to different tracks.

4. pollyanna

pollyanna Moderator

Hi enz00 and welcome to the community :)

It's great to see that you are already realizing the different ways LifeFlow can be used. As Giles said, I always play specific tracks when working at the computer or like yourself, when reading psychology and self help books. Here's a couple of links that you may find to be of great interest:-

http://www.project-meditation.org/c...s-stories/1542-optimal-learning.html#post7738

http://www.project-meditation.org/c...monial-my-life-flow-experience.html#post48635

Hope this helps and wish you much peace and joy :) :) :)

5. enz00

enz00 Member

Much appreciated :). Everyone is so nice and polite here, self-actualized/enlightened people always seem to have their human values much better grounded. It's a pleasure to be on this forum