1. MAINTENANCE

The Project Meditation Community Forum is temporarily in a Read-Only state due to maintenance and upgrades that are being applied. Although registration and the creation of new posts are currently not possible, you can still read and search the forum...

If you are unable to find what you are looking for within the Project Meditation Community please check out our new Blog and/or our Facebook page.

We will notify you as soon as our maintenance work is completed,

Have a great day,

Yours for HUGE success
    The Project Meditation Team

best books about meditation

Discussion in 'Mind, Body & Spirit' started by 100877jamie, Aug 1, 2011.

1. 100877jamie

100877jamie Member

Hi All, I would like to expand my knowledge, Please can any one give me advice on great mediation books to begin with. i.e learning mediation

before i trawl Amazon and start reading reviews. kind regards Jamie:)

2. Hazelkay

Hazelkay Member

Hi Jamie

My favourite is The Quiet by Paul Wilson. Gives a few methods, why to use which one and step by step instruction with good advice.

peace and joy:)

3. brozen

brozen Member

hi jamie,
    I found Hurry up and Meditate - David Michie
    was a good short summary that didn't go into too much unnecessary depth. It also comes from a more scientific point of view, with only vague references to spirituality. Was easier for me to take in, for that reason.

Also Power of Now - Eckhart Tolle, is something to read maybe once you have gotten the hang of meditating. (I haven't read it all) But from what I have read it seems to be a good analysis of meditation experience. Has a lot of answers to common questions that will inevitably arise.

You should remember that meditation isn't something that has to be read too deeply into. It's probably the least technical thing there is. Could probably summarize all the books with "Observe the breath" and that will be a good start.

Take it easy,
    Peace

4. 100877jamie

100877jamie Member

thanks for your advice, i will look for these and start to read, regards J

5. Karmoh

Karmoh Member

I will second this. This is a simple book that strips away meditation to the foundation and then allows you to build a practice of your choice... Wonderful Book!

Peace :)

6. 100877jamie

100877jamie Member

just bought it from amazon and cant wait to start reading it, thanks guys!:):)

7. Karmoh

Karmoh Member

Hi Jamie,

Great you won't regret it. Book A, I have used it for establishing a good base and then as a reference manual. Book B is a wonderful guide to the finer points of deepening your practice.

Peace :)

8. 100877jamie

100877jamie Member

Hi Karmoh, you quite right its perfect! really has inspired me! its sometimes the smallest suggestions or advice that can make a big difference and i really think this book has just helped me to form a solid direction for my mediation practise.

many thanks J:)

9. olmate

olmate Member

"Word into Silence" by John Main

Olmate