1. Unfortunately The Project Meditation Community Forum is no longer active. Although registration and the creation of new posts not possible, you can still read and search the forum...

If you are unable to find what you are looking for within the Project Meditation Community please check out our new Blog and/or our Facebook page.

Beginner questions

Discussion in 'START HERE: Registration & Introductions' started by folt, Apr 1, 2014.

1. folt

folt Member

Hi everyone, I am new to this program and would like to start soon. I have very little previous experience with meditation (although I am not completely new to it). The program was shared to me by a friend, but I have a couple of questions I'd like answered before I start (I couldn't find the answers in the FAQ section on this site)

1. Just for clarification, I should start with track 10 for (at least) 30 days, then move on to 9, 8 and eventually until I get to track 1 (which should happen after 10 months if I listen to each track for 30 days; I know that I can listen to each track as much as I want)?
    2. Once I get to track 1, how should I use this program after that? Which tracks should I listen to, how often...Should I listen to all tracks after that, or only those that I like?
    3. How do I implement the bonus tracks in this program? When and how should I listen to those?
    4. I also read that you can listen to the tracks through headphones and speakers. Which tracks should I listen through headphones and which through speakers? How often to use each method?

Thanks for reading!

2. folt

folt Member

I apologize if I become boring for bumping this thread, but I didn't get any replies, so I thought maybe I should try again. I would like answers on my previous questions and I have a new one: Track 10 (and I assume the other nine as well) lasts for 1 hour, so should I listen to the whole track every time for one hour, or can I reduce the time I listen to it depending how busy I may be that day? Thanks for answering!

3. olmate

olmate Member

Hi folt,

Yes the program is designed to start at level 10 and then progress through the tracks to level one.

For me, my initial mindset was a little mechanical in that I guess I was keen to "progress" although I was a little unsure what that actually meant other than progressing through the tracks down to level 1.

What I came to discover was to let go of the idea of the tracks and to focus on my journey. In that sense the tracks became the aid to the journey rather than the focus of "progressing".

Our lives are like the weather - constantly changing. Some days and weeks the meditation was exhilarating. Other days and weeks it was like swimming through wet concrete.

As I focused on where I was at on any given day and just built a mindset of accepting and walking my path, I relaxed into my daily practice so much more.

After I completed the initial 10 tracks I came to "feel" that certain tracks were better based on how I was feeling on any given day. For example if i was stressed, some tracks seem to unwind the tangle better than others.

In terms of listening to the tracks, again I guess it is a personal choice. For me I prefer earphones as it allows me to become totally absorbed into the track as I move into stillness and silence. But again, it will be a personal choice I think.

Enjoy your journey.

Olmate

4. GilesC

GilesC Member

Hi Folt,
    Sorry you didn't get replies sooner, that sometimes happens when a persons first post is moderated and, when it's eventually released by the moderators, it's not on the list of 'posts since last visit' for people due to the time that's passed.

Anyway, to answer your questions (in addition to olmate's wonderful response)...

Yes, you listen to the tracks from 10 to 1, giving at least 30 days between each.
    After you get through all 10 tracks, you can listen to whichever ones you feel you want to... though I think sometimes it's good to just cycle through them all again once in a while over a period of days.
    The bonus tracks... it depends which ones you mean. The Awaken and Nirvana tracks are generally for use after you've got down to level 1 (if you were downloading the tracks they would only be made available once you get to level 1). The Creative Flow and Optimal Learning tracks you can use at any time you like.
    Headphones or speakers... if you want to get the full benefit of the binaural beats then you need headphones to ensure the sound waves reach the ears at the appropriately synchronised time. If you listen over the speakers you generally only get the benefit of the monaural and isochronic beats. That's still good to get though and is beneficial so don't feel that you can't just listen with speakers occasionally.
    Length of the tracks... the bought CD's contain 60 minutes of the Lifeflow tracks. The downloaded versions are 40 minutes by default, though there's also 20 minute versions available (contact support if you want the other versions). You don't have to meditate to the full 60 minutes, just do what is comfortable for you. Just bear in mind that the entrainment effects are said to take around 8 minutes before they properly kick in, so I'd suggest at least a meditation of 15 to 20 minutes with lifeflow to get the benefits... more if you like.

Hugs

Giles

5. folt

folt Member

Thank you both for your replies! I'm looking forward to start Lifeflow Meditation :)