1. Unfortunately The Project Meditation Community Forum is no longer active. Although registration and the creation of new posts not possible, you can still read and search the forum...

If you are unable to find what you are looking for within the Project Meditation Community please check out our new Blog and/or our Facebook page.

Beginner needing help

Discussion in 'Meditation Chatter Box' started by dgrayman, Oct 12, 2013.

1. dgrayman

dgrayman New Member

Hello everyone,

I am a beginner in meditation and I've been reading a bit about it lately. The reason that I have decided to take this path is mainly the change in my lifestyle and the transition between college/work. During college I was very relaxed, did not study much though I always had high grades. However, now in work since I am always dealing with intelligent experienced people, I have developed an anxiety towards everything that needs thinking. There is this big cloud that fills my head and even prevents me from thinking straight, and gives me headaches.

Do you think that meditation could help me getting rid of this anxiety/stress (i always refer to it as the cloud in my head) ?

Thanks,
    Eli

2. pollyanna

pollyanna Moderator

Welcome to the community Eli :)

It's a big change moving from College into work and change often causes stress. I think you have one thing in common with your co-workers and that is that you are also intelligent :) In time you will also become experienced and another newcomer will probably have the same perspective about you.

Meditation is a great way to let go of stress and be able to focus.
    Here's a link to some great information that will help you understand the principles of meditation:-

http://www.project-meditation.org/c...x/2357-principles-meditation-entrainment.html

Here's a link also to a Scientific Study that is written in easy to understand terms so that people like you and I can make sense out of it:-

http://ccsenet.org/journal/index.php/cis/article/viewFile/1793/1702

Look forward to hearing how you get along and wish you much peace and joy :) :) :)