1. Unfortunately The Project Meditation Community Forum is no longer active. Although registration and the creation of new posts not possible, you can still read and search the forum...

If you are unable to find what you are looking for within the Project Meditation Community please check out our new Blog and/or our Facebook page.

Beginner meditater, strange experience

Discussion in 'START HERE: Registration & Introductions' started by purpleindica65, May 16, 2010.

1. purpleindica65

purpleindica65 New Member

Hi all,
    Im not a real good meditater. I'm 17 and started try meditation to get rid of stress and anxiety. Im not even positive if i mediate right lol.Im not sure if my experience was normal but ill try to explain it as best as i can. Usually when i meditate, i get in a good comfortable position put on some relaxing sounds and focus on my breathing but i always get irritated because im either fidgeting too much or too many thoughts are going through my head and i end up stopping. Ive prolly only tried meditating a total of 6 times but never had anything too crazy happen, but after a while i did start to see that everytime i closed my eyes i could see these eyes almost looking back at me and ive never realized them before until recently. But early this morning i woke up and decided to just lay down on my bed and try and focus on the eyes and then before i knew it a bright white light engulfed my eye sight and after that it was like i was seeing stars but then everything started to spin as if i was looking at my white ceiling (it all happened so quickly) and i was get pulled into darkness while everything was spinning, it was a feeling i never felt before. I felt like panicking but i knew that i couldnt die form it so i just relaxed and told myself to go with it. it was as if i could actually feel the wind flow past me as i was falling.(now the next part sounds a little dreamy but it was like no dream i experienced before i could actually think what i wanted to think about as if i was there experienceing it)So after what felt like a minute of falling and spinning,i suddenly stopped falling and was laying on something that looked like a black sofa but it was still spinning. So i looked to see where i was spinning at and it def. looked like my grandparents house(lol yes it was weird). So i kept going with the spinning for what seemd like another 30 secs until i realized that the thing i was spinning on was going to run into a table with glass so somehow i got to the side it seemed like and stopped it from spinning but it still wanted to spin so i pushed it one last time and then i came back to my bedroom still laying there in the same position. I was just shocked with what just happened cuz i never realized meditation was like that.So still confused as to what just happened i came here to get some answers to if thats a normal meditation experience. If so ill def. become a daily meditater because it was a wild feeling that i cant explain. Also any tips for a better meditation experience would be appreciated.
    Thanx Everyone