1. Unfortunately The Project Meditation Community Forum is no longer active. Although registration and the creation of new posts not possible, you can still read and search the forum...

If you are unable to find what you are looking for within the Project Meditation Community please check out our new Blog and/or our Facebook page.

Be still & know meditation

Discussion in 'Meditation Chatter Box' started by Panthau, Nov 24, 2013.

1. Panthau

Panthau Member

2. cdcgiselle99

cdcgiselle99 Member

Hi Panthau,
    I went into the link and checked it out. It looks good, but I couldn’t see anything there that they are offering that we could not achieve through LifeFlow. I agree with you 100% about meditation should be free. I met a Buddhist monk few years ago who was sad to see so many people paying to learn meditation and so many charging for meditation lessons. He used to say that it takes very little time to give instructions for meditation techniques, but it may take several years for the learner to master them. I found that this applies to almost everything in life. We have to work internally for our spiritual growth. No one can hand it over to us on a silver platter. Too many books, tapes and courses may clutter the mind.
    It is very nice of you to share the link with us. We should never stop searching.
    Thank you
    Giselle

3. GilesC

GilesC Member

Hi Pan,

Not tried that one, but as you know, I've done various different meditation practices in my time.
    I was looking on the site to see what, if anything, their meditation technique apparently gave that others supposedly don't... I couldn't find anything obvious.

The only thing I did spot was about the foundation itself where it says:

So, it seems that it's not just about teaching meditation, there's a religious angle to it as well which I'm guessing will be incorporated. Not really my thing, though if it works for others, fine.

Also, I didn't think much to their description of meditation, it wasn't at all explanatory about the technique, but just provided a lot of words essentially saying how nice it is to meditate... and then finished with...

I personally don't think much to partial quotes that are often taken out of context. The first quote from the doctor doesn't say how many other meditation practices have been tried, it just talks of "self-therapy", which could mean anything, even as simple as just letting a person figure out the issues for themselves. As for "It's the only approach that I have ever seen...", just how many has he looked at? That seems to me to be using someone in a position of scientific respect (a Medical Doctor) and partially quoting them, to (mis)enforce the benefits of what they're trying to sell.

There's plenty of meditation practices you can learn for free, and I don't see why it would be worth spending money on this one in particular.

... and I've just looked at the home page.... arghhh! "Cure stress, buy three devices and get one free".... omg, the whole thing smells of a money making scheme... :-O

hugs

Giles

4. Panthau

Panthau Member

@Giselle: i agree with you, there are not many shortcuts in life. But some tools may aid us... like Lifeflow. Unfortunately i cant use it anymore. It seems i build up some resistance or something - but luckily i can meditate without very well.

@Giles: thanks for your in-depth analysis :) i agree with you, looks all in all a bit shady. I dont have a problem with religious stuff, as long as i can filter out the meaning of it for me. But all this stuff they charge money for... seems kinda odd.

I had the chance to try out the meditation they offer. Its nothing new... he talks in the 27mins of the audio file without pause. In the beginning he guides you to keep your awareness on your right arm, and third eye... then he talks veeeery much about patience. A kind of patience with your own thoughts... like putting patience between your awareness and your thoughts, or something like that. I was fast forwarding the last 10mins... got tired.

But i like the right-arm-awareness thing. I think it could help with dissociation with the body... for astral projection or so. :D