The Project Meditation Community Forum is temporarily in a Read-Only state due to maintenance and upgrades that are being applied. Although registration and the creation of new posts are currently not possible, you can still read and search the forum...

If you are unable to find what you are looking for within the Project Meditation Community please check out our new Blog and/or our Facebook page.

We will notify you as soon as our maintenance work is completed,

Have a great day,

Yours for HUGE success
    The Project Meditation Team

Babys and their reaction to positve or negative

Discussion in 'Mind, Body & Spirit' started by Panthau, Dec 24, 2009.

1. Panthau

Panthau Member

Have babys feelings? Are feelings neutral? When babys cry, their body tells them that something is missing - is that a feeling? If it is a feeling, it must be "poled" in some way, so it cant be totaly neutral, can it?

Or do babys just react instinctive and dont have any feelings?

Ideas welcome :)
  2. GilesC

GilesC Member

I would say that babies have neurological or nervous system reactions as part of their physical body, so if you stick a needle in them, they will feel it and cry as it's the body's natural reaction to react to pain.

As for emotional feelings, I believe these will of course have started to develop in a very small way, but they really rely on the act of association within the memory and mind. It takes time for such associations to build up, hence a baby may do something that hurts itself (like hit itself with it's hand) but may also do that again at a later time as they have yet to associate the hand hitting them with the pain they feel.

3. Edwin

Edwin Member

Of course you are referring to the lack of ego

What makes a baby tick if it is a full human without a full grown ego

All I can say is, if you want to meet God, look straight into a baby's eye.
  4. Panthau

Panthau Member

Hi guys & thanks for your answers.

I think i´ve understood it. I felt it before but couldnt intellectual understand it, and because i had a discussion with someone who thinks that feelings are not neutral, i tried to understand it with my mind.
  5. Panthau

Panthau Member

Another question which came up.

What happens with people under hypnosis/trance?
    What gets hypnotised? The perception? Can an enlightened person,
    without personality and almighty perceptions be hypnotised?

Hope you dont mind, if im asking here - only place i know where
    someone could have an answer.

6. Edwin

Edwin Member

Good question.

Hypnosis is a state that can only be induced when a person agrees to it.
    The ( to be ) hypnotised person wants to please the hypnotist.

LOL ! :p

I wouldn't describe it like that. Enlightened people aren't super-human or something. They are more aware of their senses tho, because the mind doesn't distract them.

I think if the enlightened person allows it, he can still be hypnotised. It is a state of mind that is neurological in nature as far as I know.
    However, I also believe that an enlightened one is able to make a real choice if he/she wants to allow that. You see, if you haven't understood the real nature of mind yet, you would probably try to resist the efforts of the hypnotist. Fight it. This gives the hypnotist a handle. An entrypoint so to speak.

By not reacting, the thoughtstream won't pull you into a trance ( in the end, you hypnotise yourself, the hypnotist just knows how to trigger it ) and it will be impossible to be hypnotised.

Just my opinion tho ;)
  7. Panthau

Panthau Member

Hm, interesting point of view, i can follow you. Maybe it has something to do with the subconsciousness, which i dont know much about. Still a mysterie, somehow!