1. Unfortunately The Project Meditation Community Forum is no longer active. Although registration and the creation of new posts not possible, you can still read and search the forum...

If you are unable to find what you are looking for within the Project Meditation Community please check out our new Blog and/or our Facebook page.

As a Man Thinks

Discussion in 'Meditation Chatter Box' started by aussie, Apr 8, 2009.

1. aussie

aussie Member

As a man Thinketh by James Allen is a book I was given long ago and never read. After finding a quote from a mate of mine this morning I decided I'll give it a read as it struck a chord with me and it sounds on the same lines as meditating. If anyone has read this please will you let me know what you think? I'll paste the quote below for anyone who might like to read it, thanks aussie :D

"Only by much searching and mining are gold and diamonds obtained, and a person can find every truth connected with his being, if he will dig deep into the mine of his soul." - As A Man Thinketh

2. sliccy

sliccy Member

Brilliant, I read that book about a year ago. James Allen is truly an excellent author in this field, I recommend this short read to anybody who has not had a chance to read it yet.

3. Edwin

Edwin Member

Since the book is so old, the rights of the book have gone public, so with some searching, it can be found on the internet.

I found it yesterday, and read it through from start to end.
    The idea that our mind is like a garden, and our thoughts are seeds to either weeds or beautifull flowers works for me.
    It is much like the law of attraction, it's amazing to see that this universal truth was just as important a century ago as it is now.

making a sacrifice inside yourself, letting go of your set beliefs and replacing them with positive thought and working hard to achieve your goals.... now where have I heard that before :p

4. pollyanna

pollyanna Moderator

Wow, I love this thread :) I have a copy of As a Man Thinketh and I highly recommend this to everyone.

I was just taking some notes about this exact principle from my journal this morning which I will put in the Law of Attraction section.

Now the days are warmer and sunnier I am meditating early in the morning. This morning, almost at the end of a really deep and blissful session with LF5 I suddenly and amazingly had what I felt was yet another revelation. I understand it clearly, however it's difficult to explain but I'll give it a shot.

Everything in my life seems so simple and joyful - it's like my mind has had a huge spring clean (and it's reflecting in my home) I don't think or talk about doing things anymore - I just do them and if I don't have time, I never think about them. More importantly I seem to be experiencing a deeper understanding of some of the books (e.g. Think and grow rich etc.) that I read many years ago.

I woke up this morning and it dawned on me that I cannot remember when I last thought:-

Arggh work! I've got so much work to do today or
    I must get that pile of ironing done and out of the way (believe me - I used to)

I do wake up on Saturdays though and delight in the fact that it's a day off :)

I feel like I've thrown away a lot of old useless and damaging habits and I'm cultivating lots of new exciting ones.

As Edwin kindly pointed out - you can download As a Man Thinketh for FREE because the rights of the book have gone public.

Thanks Aussie for posting the qoute "Only by much searching and mining are gold and diamonds obtained, and a person can find every truth connected with his being, if he will dig deep into the mine of his soul."

It's little golden nuggets like this that I read many years ago that instilled the desire in me to learn to meditate. I am so thankful that I kept searching until I discovered LifeFlow. Peace and joy :) :) :)

Last edited: Apr 9, 2009
  5. Still Waters

Still Waters Member

I too found this yesterday. I read the recommendation on the thread and looked to see what I could find out about it on the net. I was pleased to see that I could download it free. :D

Some great truths in there. Just shows that what some of us are just becoming aware of is not at all new. Therefore no one can dismiss all this as a passing modern fad or "New Age" Reading the work may take a little effort though as the language and style is a bit outdated, but shouldn't put anyone off.

6. aussie

aussie Member

Thanks

Thanks a lot guys for your replies. Read it last night and think its awesome :D

7. filly33

filly33 Member

Last edited: Apr 9, 2009