1. Unfortunately The Project Meditation Community Forum is no longer active. Although registration and the creation of new posts not possible, you can still read and search the forum...

If you are unable to find what you are looking for within the Project Meditation Community please check out our new Blog and/or our Facebook page.

Art of meditation

Discussion in 'Mind, Body & Spirit' started by Panthau, Nov 5, 2009.

1. Edwin

Edwin Member

http://www.project-meditation.org/community/eckhart-tolle/1779-taking-step-into-world-our-being.html

LOL I keep directing people towards monsterposts. I may be teasing those poor "seekers" out there by making them study.
    A funny thing: My realisation ( or the enlightenment if you will ) wasn't complete yet when I wrote most of the answers in the thread I gave you the link of.

The approach that I am following is called Advaita or Advaita Vedanta. A-dvaita means non-duality.

2. Franz

Franz Member

Edwin thank you so much. After reading all the posts in that thread it has brought so much understanding. The fact that I didn't find the answer to the questions I have seems to be the greatest lessoned learned. The answer I thought I was looking for does not exist. I was looking for an explanation so my mind could understand, take notes, follow a procedure, and become enlightened. My mind, ego, thought...whatever you would like to call it, has been incessantly trying to find an answer and define enlightenment and understand and label it and distinguish whether I have arrived or not and constantly asking "am I here?" and what the rules are to follow so I can stay in this blissful state etc...I am once again giving up but with a better understanding this time around. The mind cannot comprehend this place I wish to be in and that is just it. It is an experience, not something that can be labeled and understood and analyzed. It is just always there and can be felt. All that needs to be applied is a little attention. I am the one paying attention to the thoughts and emotions. I don't need to look for anymore answers. The answer is happening right now. I am part of a whole. Perfect balance between individuality and God, Universe (whatever you want to call it) means harmony.

If I feel like one day I am suffering all I need to ask is if my true self is whole, perfect, strong, powerful, loving, harmonious, and happy...then who is suffering? The suffering can be a useful tool because it will always give me an opportunity to ask this question and once I answer my attention goes to my true self. This will allow me to separate mySelf from my thought and may also give me another opportuniy plant a seed of gratitude by saying "thank you" for something I am grateful for as Eckhart Tolle describes. Just another tool to align myself with the present or "Now"

Hey Edwin…one more question for you. When you have a question and you look within yourself for the answer do you ask the question to yourself and pull out a pen and note pad and let the answer just flow. When I was reading some of your posts I noticed at the beginning of some of your responses when someone asks you a question you don’t really know what direction you are going to go in but then provide such a clear and concise explanation. The reason I am asking is I tried this not too long ago and was shocked with what I wrote as if I was reading something someone else wrote. It was like the answer came from somewhere else. I ask the question within myself then let the answer find its way on the notepad.

I noticed these comments here and there and just thought I would bring it to your attention.

“Ah, you got me there !
    I have been thinking about this one too. Hadn't really come to a conclusion about it yet. Allow me to "think out loud" here for a moment.”

“Interesting to see how an answer will slowly form ”

Anyhow thanks again for you help.

3. Panthau

Panthau Member

uhm... dont know if it makes sense to post this here, anyway... a girl wrote me from a forum, she told me that she got a message for me from a higher being she dreamed of. The message is sort of that i should open my heart and let the love in... love is the key. She also told me some things about me, she could not know... maybe ill met her the next days.

The weird thing is, when she tells me that, its like my heart tightens more then it should open. I feel anger, sadness and im really confused. Is there anything i can do, to open up, or should i just leave it alone, as time will tell?

4. Edwin

Edwin Member

Ego cruncher [​IMG]: Who wants to be in what place ?
    Self allready is complete and fully enlightened in the Now, even when you think it isn't. So who wishes to be in this place you call enlightenment ? Isn't that also a thought you chose to believe in ? You say the word "I" with such ease. Have you noticed that every time you think "I" it is a word formed by thought that makes you believe that that very thought is who you are ?
    Yes, most artists describe the same feeling when they are painting or playing a piece of music. It is as if it flows from them, as if they are watching someone else perform the actions. That is enlightenment. It is full enlightenment in that moment which is always the Now. However when the work of art is finished, mind creeps in and says " I did a wonderfull job there ". Claiming a registered trademark, or a patent on something it didn't do. Like in that thread, the example of the poem.

Mind does have it's use tho. With Mind you are able to learn, to train the Self.
    For instance, last saturday I got my blue belt for Jiu Jitsu. For a year the Sensei told me how to do certain things. At first, I had to use the mind to teach myself the actions. Sure, the defensive moves and punches are badly coordinated at first, just like all actions done by mind. The mind makes you repeat the movement until it comes by itSelf. When you don't have to think about it anymore, it comes at a staggering speed and reaction, which never would have come if you still had to think about it every time.
    People call it "skill" usually, but it really is giving up responsibility with the mind and trusting Self to do the right thing.

:) Sorry for messing with your ego/thoughts

5. Edwin

Edwin Member

Every snowflake falls, exactly where it is supposed to...
    Zen saying

6. Franz

Franz Member

Thats what I mean. I am having a hard time writing this correctly...the self wants to be in this place of enlightenment that it can never survive in. It's hard to express what you are trying to say with these concepts. LOL! Anyhow everything is starting to click.

In regards to being in the now and enlightenment and having that feeling of something flowing...that was one point where it was just undeniable. It was so obvious I knew something was happening while I was writing on the notepad answering the very question I wanted answered so I had to ask.

Jiu Jitsu? Thats awesome. I trained Muay Thai for 2 years and wanted to get into Jiu Jitsu but was always afraid of getting cauliflower ear. I wonder if I knew what I know now if it would have effected my training. Thats awesome.

Last edited: Nov 19, 2009
  7. Panthau

Panthau Member

Yes it does, i know that. Maybe it was more that i wanted to tell
    what experience im going through. It is so... i have no words for it. Since i was
    a child i had this strong longing for something, i thought it is a special type of girl im looking for, because
    thats what i thought love is. In the last years i came to the conclusion that it probably
    is something inside me, that im looking for.

Today i was in the tube and when i closed my eyes
    i felt a warm bright light, it was so intense that i was shaking.
    Coulndt stand it and had to ground myself with some pc games lol

Its just... its a total realityshift what happens to me. Its scary, and i dont
    understand why i ever cutted myself from this love. I believe when it totaly comes
    through then theres no panthau anymore.

Last edited: Nov 19, 2009
  8. Edwin

Edwin Member

If you want to succeed in realising the self, you really have to see it as black and white as possible. Don't cut your little self some slack, beat the heck out of the ego when it "assumes" that it is you. The way to do this is by critically examining the thought. Keep doing this until you feel tired, weary, stressed out over it, even if you start to feel angry and disobediant towards your goal. All these feelings are tricks of the ego to avoid facing the problem it is causing.
    What happened next ? why did you lose it again ? Do you remember ? Did you want to "stay" in that feeling ? Or did thought take over ?
    There are 2 kinds of Jiu Jitsu, the traditional Japanese Jiu Jitsu, and Brazillian Jiu Jitsu, which is kind of like a form of Judo. You are less likely to get a cauliflower ear with Traditional Jiu Jitsu. My training buddy has a black belt Judo btw, and he never had a cauliflower ear.
    This "fear" is also fed into your mind by thought. Another way to examine :)

Are you feeling some unpleasant feelings yet ?

9. Edwin

Edwin Member

The fear you are experiencing has to do with a fake sense of security, of "being in control".
    Every time you feel scared, remind yourself that you have nothing in control, because Self moves your body and mind, and afterwords mind tells you that it did something. Relax and trust the Self to do the right thing, no matter what. Self is not personal, you are the same Self that I am. We are all one, non-duality. You are part of a higher plan, a plan that even the greatest sage has no copy of.
    Every experience just happens to you. Fear is something that you observe happening in your body. Love is the big exception, because Self IS love. That is why the feeling is so strong. Observe the feeling like you would observe everything.

YouTube - LET GO! -Mooji tells a joke -

Last edited: Nov 20, 2009
  10. Franz

Franz Member

(FYI...I don't know how to use this multi quote thing)

Yes this is exactly what I have felt. Total frustration, stress, anger, and burned out. Now I can recognize that when it happens. I don't look at my ego as an enemy though. It has picked up this concept of enlightenment and wants to help get there so it starts listing down what I should be doing and feeling and how I should do it. I look at the ego as an over protective friend. It is capable of doing a great amount of good and is there to help. But my true Self has to be aware enough to know that sometimes it(ego) can slip up. This realization in itself is empowering. Knowing that I am listening is all I need to do. I can use the good old friend when I need to and distinguish whether it is being over protective at times. I don't need anything else. I can wan't to be successful in life and help others as much as possible. I can want to spend time with family. I can wan't to be physically fit and have absolute health. But when I hear "I want to be enlightened", my good old friend will attach itself to it and try to understand it, make labels, define it, but this is something out of its reach. Your mind is like a super strong cpu that is capable of doing many great things. But trying to get a cpu to describe the operator...impossible. The cpu follows a code and the code is reaction based on inputs pretty much. If this then this, this means this and so on. We build and add to this code along the way as life progresses adding here and there from experience. It becomes very useful. What code can someone come up with for a cpu to look outside itself and describe the person using it? This is why the emotions of frustation, anger, stress pop up when the "I" (ego) tries to understand and describe the operator (Self). It sends error message in the form a negative emotion because it can't compute.

If I truely want something and my intentions are in line with the Universe I make my intention known by saying it, visualizing exactly what it is I want after meditation, and waiting for an answer or some direction...similiar to asking a question within, grabbing a notepad and pen and letting the answer flow. I will ask, know it will come without a doubt, and be ready for answers and direction to come from within. As long as I (Self) know its (ego) intentions are good but advice can be off at times this automatically brings attention to the observer.

As far as the pen and notepad thing...surprisingly enough I didn't do anything afterwards. I just read and thought wow! I noticed it felt like I was watching the words and sentences come together on the pad. I didn't bother to think about it after. I just went on about my day.

Thnx for all the advice. This has helped tremendously. :)

Last edited: Nov 20, 2009
  11. Panthau

Panthau Member

Thanks Edwin.

12. seatrend8899

seatrend8899 Member

Hi Franz,

I'll leave responses to your meditation questions to our very much more learned members of the forum but as per your question about doing quotes. I have a "rough method" that I attempted to detail to Irene that perhaps can be trumped by the proper way.

http://www.project-meditation.org/community/eckhart-tolle/1779-taking-step-into-world-our-being-5.html#post9577

To do "multi-quotes" I believe that you would need to just make sure that you always make sure that the quote "script start and ends" are present for each portion of any post.

shine on :) :)

jim

13. testdaffodil

testdaffodil Member

Hi everyone,
    I've had problems logging in the forum for a while, actually I was able log in but unable to post any threads or responses until today. GRANT (TECH SUPPORT)had been helping me continuously.Thank you Grant .I wonder if anyone had similar difficulties?

this is an interesting thread as it closely links to the similar uncertainities , fears, questions i'm facing and asking myself at this point of my journey.

Franz - i had similar questions ,thanks you asked and it helped my curiosity as well. I have also had some revealing moments of startling answers like you said when i wrote my questions and thoughts in relaxed state and quite atmosphere.Later i went through what i wrote and was really surprised to find contents which definitely came beyond me.

Daffodil

14. Franz

Franz Member

awesome Jim. Thanks!!!:)

15. Franz

Franz Member

Hello Daffodil. Yes I have been doing this alot more lately and it has been extremely helpful. I even asked about the questions I asked in this thread and found answers similiar to what Edwin and others have said but in a way that is comprehendable to me. I have started doing this in other areas such as making important decisions and actions to take. In a way it feels like it aleviates the smaller thought that leads to stress and anxiety and points to a conclusion or in a direction that feels natural. Kind of like following intuition in a way. This is very new and interesting for me. Such an interesting topic.

16. testdaffodil

testdaffodil Member

Hi Franz,I have been keeping a journal too and i know what you are talking about a bit. I have been doing a lot of reading following my need to understand things and myself more.I guess when it comes to personal journey we progress at our own rate.
    i've to try it too .
    I agree with you .It's more like a therapy , It helps me calm my mind afterwards and enjoy the quality quiet moment may be because i exhaust my chattering mind and thoughts by putting them down on paper and like you said following my intuition gives me the satisfaction by giving order to my mind.You might find James Redfield's "guide to celestine prophesy" interesting at later stage.I think it's a great exercise alongside meditation to quiten your mind at least i found it helpful.
    daffodil