1. Unfortunately The Project Meditation Community Forum is no longer active. Although registration and the creation of new posts not possible, you can still read and search the forum...

If you are unable to find what you are looking for within the Project Meditation Community please check out our new Blog and/or our Facebook page.

"Anybody Need a Laugh"

Discussion in 'Meditation Chatter Box' started by Montana Keith, Nov 11, 2008.

1. Montana Keith

Montana Keith Member

Good morning, good afternoon, good evening--and for those of you who are reading this in the middle of the night--GOOD GRIEF:

I just got the impression that many of you could use a good laugh right now. So, just for a moment, I'd like you to put all your worries, all your concerns, all your needs and wants on a shelf and just listen.

Many of you who are from the United States or Canada have probably heard of Garrison Keillor and his wonderful stories of the people of the mythical "Lake Wobegon." Mr. Keillor's humor is very dry. Anyway, I really enjoy his stories. Must come from my own Scandinavian background. Anyway, I was listening to the last seven minutes of his November 3rd podcast this morning http://download.publicradio.org/podcast/nflw/2008/11/01/nflw_20081101_64.mp3
    and I just about split a gut laughing to his story of a sermon in the Lutheran church on Martin Luther's nailing of his 95 theses to the door of the Wittenberg church. Some how the word "theses" is misunderstood as "feces" and it all goes downhill from there. Anyway, it felt good to laugh. I hope some of you enjoy it as much as I did. Take care, my friends. --Keith

Last edited: Nov 11, 2008
  2. bashmaki

bashmaki Member

Keith,
    I listened to the whole episode on Saturday. It was a good one; as most are. I do enjoy the fun he pokes at the Lutheran Church so often. He does it so well. :rolleyes:

Someday I will go see A Prairie Home Companion in person; hopefully at the Guthrie. It would be the proper thing to do. Then, of course, go downtown St. Paul to the micro-brewery and have chile. Ahhh, what a good time.

gus

Last edited: Nov 11, 2008