1. Unfortunately The Project Meditation Community Forum is no longer active. Although registration and the creation of new posts not possible, you can still read and search the forum...

If you are unable to find what you are looking for within the Project Meditation Community please check out our new Blog and/or our Facebook page.

any help would be awesome.

Discussion in 'Meditation Chatter Box' started by blury222, Mar 22, 2013.

1. blury222

blury222 New Member

Hi, i actually have not tried too much meditation before, but i have a health issue for a couple of years now and dont know what to do with it. I think that people that do meditation might be able to have some input on it, im hoping.

ok, here it is.. ive suffered from panic attacks for about ten years now, and one night in a state of anxiety, i thought that i would just be still with myself and focus on sensations in my body, so i layed there and was feeling tention in my stomach area, so i focused on that, about 5/10 minutes later i had this release feeling come shooting up and left me, the feeling was great (like a light traveling up from my solarplex) and for the next couple of weeks, i felt amazing. i wasnt sure what had happened but liked the results. so about a month later i tried it again, i layed there focusing on a feeling that was more upper stomach erea, this time as i focused, i started to feel these hot and cold sensations arise, starting in my stomach muscle and moving to my limbs, my heart started racing and having crazy palpations (felt like my heart would skip every second or third beat) this went on for about 20 minutes, it felt like i opened a door that i could not close. i knew it wasnt a panic attack, although kinda resembled one. after it stopped, my head felt very cloudy and just felt kinda diconnected. I tried it one other night and got the same results. Now i feel like that door is too easliy opened and dont know what to do, im scared that these feelings will come over me agian, i mean i made it though it, but just dont know what its about.

i know it sounds kinda wierd

2. Panthau

Panthau Member

Hi blury,

This does not sound weird to me at all. What you did is the most effective way to my knowledge, to conquer supressed emotions. Dont try to resist whats coming up, even if it may feel as if you cant handle it. Its just emotions, it cant do you any harm. Resisting is what we do anyway all our life, thats why things need to come up for most of us sooner or later.

If you feel its too much for you to handle, dont hesitate to visit a therapist. Sometimes its good to have someone reflect on your feelings/behavior.

Atb,
    Phil