1. Unfortunately The Project Meditation Community Forum is no longer active. Although registration and the creation of new posts not possible, you can still read and search the forum...

If you are unable to find what you are looking for within the Project Meditation Community please check out our new Blog and/or our Facebook page.

Anxiety = Success, Meditation = No Success?

Discussion in 'Meditation Chatter Box' started by stolpioni, Aug 25, 2013.

1. stolpioni

stolpioni New Member

Hi, I am an entrepreneur and I make my living working 12+ hours a day, 7 days a week. I love what I do, but recently something has happened...

I've been doing daily meditation for about a year now...haven't noticed that I've become less motivated by it (actually, the opposite is probably true).

However, about a month ago I started listening to brain wave technology (Brain Evolution System) and I've felt myself getting less and less motivated to make money etc.

I feel good, but I'm just less motivated to work (which sucks).

After reading a bit on brain waves to try to understand the subject better...I discovered that there are 4 different levels your brain could be in. These are:

1. Beta (this is the brainwave that most people operate in on a day-to-day basis. When you're in this brainwave, you're alert and on "the move". But also, it gets you to feel tense, anxious and stressed. From my own experience, I think that in this state of mind is where I get most stuff done. Actually, I like being in this state...but it also has some obvious drawbacks like panic attacks etc)

2. Alpha (This is the mediative and deeply relaxing state of mind. In this state, you have it easier to learn new things as well as handle stress better.)

3. Theta (This state is deeper than Alpha. It is the link between heavy REM sleep and alpha/mediative state. This is where you're the most creative etc)

4. Delta (The lowest frequency of the mind. Here you're supposed to be connected to the "whole universe", whatever that might mean.)

So, what conclusions can we draw from this?
    Does this mean that to be motivated and successful, you should strive to be in the beta-state? And if that is so, that must mean that meditation or brain wave technology is actually working against you if you're trying to succeed?

I'm at a crossroad now. I am thinking about quitting meditation and everything else that comes with it, and start listening to beta-waves and success-hypnosis.

What are your thoughts?

Meditation = Peace of mind, no money, no success
    Anxiety and Stress = Success

?

To be truthful, I'd toss away peace of mind for success and motivation any day.
    Success in my eyes by the way, is reaching my goals (which is to make a lot of money).

2. Panthau

Panthau Member

It could just be a coincidence. I doubt that there are studys for your arguments, but from my point of view all of these things come from thoughts.

Meditation does indeed interfere with your thoughts, in the way that they get less... so that youre more in the very moment. But it doesnt change any thoughts (and therefore motivations). It may change your point of view, but thats something that comes slowly and its certainly something that you "wish" to do, not something that you dont wish to do but it just happens.

So i wouldnt blame brainwave technology, but you can just test it out for yourself, by just not using it for a while or stopping meditation at all.

Besides that... being not happy about being happy is certainly something new to me too. :)

3. GilesC

GilesC Member

If that's what you choose to believe, then that's your choice.

Typically though, many people see success as being something that brings them happiness and harmony in their lives.
    Money is known to not give that (even though many with money would like to portray that it does make them happy). Often money creates stress and anxiety, as people become attached to it, and then grow fearful of losing it or paranoid of people taking it from them.

You say:

Why you think meditation = no money I'm not sure.
    Many people who meditate find it allows them to reach greater states of awareness and become more present in everything they doing (rather than their mind wandering everywhere), and this helps them to be successful at the things they want to do, whether that's in their family lives or their job, and if they're doing well in their job, then the money they need will follow.

There are many well known people who meditate and are clearly successful at their jobs, and are certainly not without money. The first to come to mind is David Lynch the film maker, who is an avid meditator.

Hugs

Giles

4. Panthau

Panthau Member

Maybe he just wanted to get rid of his thoughts and never come back... :D

5. pollyanna

pollyanna Moderator

Hi Stolpioni,

You can check out the brainwave states by clicking on the following link and scrolling down to the Brainwave State Chart:-

http://www.project-meditation.org/c...ct-meditation/22-brainwave-states.html#post38

Here you'll discover how Mid to Lower Beta states are helpful and how higher Beta states create anxiety and panick attacks.

I play specific tracks when I'm working that are of tremendous help to me. I also meditate about 40 minutes a day and have found this to be totally life changing.

You can have it all if you choose. Peace of mind; being happy with what you have and setting goals for what you want to achieve; healthier life and living in the moment; balance; become financially independant, values, morals...

Success means different things to different people and money can be a tricky subject and create lots of opinions. In my personal opinion, if you make a lot of money using your gifts to serve others and never trade your true values and morals then you will enjoy your Financial success.

More importantly, you will enjoy who you have become along the journey. The WHY will create your greatest drive. Once you have a purpose you can become unstoppable. When you use your gifts the world will make a place for you.

Here's a great success story posted just a few days ago that I was thrilled to read:-

Testimonial: My life flow experience

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi, I went through your entire series over the past year...1 track per month. I now generally listen to my favorites like LF3, Creative Flow, Optimal Learning, or the Nirvana/Awakening Gamma tracks. I just want to give you some feedback on my excellent experience with the Lifeflow series.

I have been meditating for over 15 years. I am a practitioner of Raja Yoga Meditation. I have had a revolutionary year. It's like my spiritual progress has gone to the next level and of course everything in my reality is mirroring that. It began last October when I got into Chaldean Numerology and journaling with my other hand. I went for a meditation retreat in India where a yogi introduced me to Brain Entrainment. She used Holosynch I believe. I went with LifeFlow because of the speed of which I could move forward in the levels and the affordability. In some resects the results are subtle and gradual in other respects they are powerful and instantaneous. The first time I listened to Creative Flow, I felt an influx of relaxation...I could literally feel relaxation harmones flood my system. With Optimal Learning, I use it whenever I want to ultra focus without the struggle of 'getting there.' The gradual subtle effects include a noticeable difference in my creativity and flow, my sense of humour, my way of thinking. I feel like I grasp the significance of things more easily. My strengths and gifts are more apparent than ever. I feel like a light being of enthusiasm and optimism. Life Flow has been integral in my transformation over the past year. I'm sure it has contributed to me opening my mind more and pursuing more activities that enhance my path to purpose. I've gone deeper into law of attraction, manifestation, integration of our conscious and subconscious sides and so on. I guess the proof is in the pudding. Along with the Artist's Way and other great resources including LifeFlow I wrote my first music album in years and am recording now in studio. I also picked up painting. My happiness and sense of well being and direction have greatly increased.

Thanks so much for this wonderful product. I now use LifeFlow in conjunction with subliminal messaging which seems to be a rad combination as well.

Best Wishes and Thanks from the heart,
    Meniyka, San Diego, California

I wish you much success, peace and joy :) :) :)