1. Unfortunately The Project Meditation Community Forum is no longer active. Although registration and the creation of new posts not possible, you can still read and search the forum...

If you are unable to find what you are looking for within the Project Meditation Community please check out our new Blog and/or our Facebook page.

Another success story

Discussion in 'Project Meditation - Success Stories' started by Panthau, Jan 4, 2010.

1. Speedy

Speedy Member

Letting Go

Pan,

Thank you for the insight. I think I really struggle with letting go!!! I have tried the Release Technique and EFT with limited results. I have benefited from meditation. Yesterday, I felt much lighter but today a black cloud seems to over my head. I just want to feel normal again without all the doom and gloom. My mantra right now is HAY-RUM. What if I was to say the words LET on the in breath and GO on the out breath? This would basically force me to LET GO! I'm I correct in my thinking?

Thanks,

Speedy

2. Panthau

Panthau Member

LOL thats an interesting idea. Why try to let go of thoughts with other thoughts? Letting go is like dropping anything in your hand, you just have to open your hand to drop it. So it is with the mind.... thoughts have just power, if you pay attention to them.

3. GilesC

GilesC Member

I like to look at it like this...

If I had two bags, one containing all your issues and one containing stillness/peace/happiness, and I placed those bags in front of you and said "Choose one." which would you choose? You would of course choose the stillness/peace/happiness bag.

The choice of holding onto your issues is your own, nobody elses. You have the choice of leaving those issues behind.

Sometimes, simply saying "I choose to let this go" is all that is needed. It brings about the realisation that you cannot justify to yourself any reason for holding onto it, as you could not give any valid reason why you would ever choose the issues over happiness.

Hugs

Giles

4. Panthau

Panthau Member

Its probably the ego, which prefers to shut itself up from freedom, because its too overwhelming... it feels unsecure when their are no barriers.

5. Speedy

Speedy Member

Question of growth

I probably no the answer to this question but feel compelled to ask anyway. When you guys first started meditation or meditation with the Life Flow tool did it feel like you nothing special seemed to be happening? Most of the time I have no idea if I had meditated or just sat quietly. I am assuming this is a very gradual process that after about a year I will look back and go WOW! Is that a true statement? I just wanted to get a feel for other people's beginning journey of meditation. I feel like I am is a small boat in the middle of the ocean trying to find the horizon! I definitely feel thankful for this forum!

Speedy

6. Panthau

Panthau Member

The problem with that is, that special things need a point of reference. Where there is nothing thats boring, there cant be anything thats special/fascinating. This duality isnt (or shouldnt be) there anymore when you´re proper meditating, so you should maybe overthink your expectations and motivations.

7. Speedy

Speedy Member

Trying to understand

Pan,

I think I understand what you mean. In essence, have not expectations when I meditate. Did you find that you struggled at the beginning trying to find your way?

Speedy

8. Panthau

Panthau Member

Im still struggling. Thats life, as long as we arent awake... but im getting a distance to it over time and one day, in the now... im gonna awake to my true self (thats the story, like Ali Baba and the fourty thieves :D ).

9. Ali F

Ali F Member

stellar!

Thanks for sharing, Pan. I love all of the stories on this forum. I used to curse-etc. if I even spilled a glass of water! Eckhart Tolle started me on my positive journey, and meditation is moving me along the path. I feel as though I am now a positive influence on friends' and families' lives, when before I always would've chimed in on their "negative party". I feel like my energy maybe even has a calming effect...with subtle actions, I see others loosen their tenseness (is that a word? lol) I used to be upset and frustrated that I couldn't change the world, but now I really "get it"...we change the world by changing ourselves. :) It's the "100th monkey effect". Happiness to you, Pan, and all of you wonderfully brave and positive people! :D

10. MeditationMan

MeditationMan Member

Duality, as in quantum mechanics, the belief that all matter exhibits both wave and particle properties?

11. GilesC

GilesC Member

Or conversely, that quantum particles can only ever exist in a single state, but it is the observer who determines whether it will exhibit wave properties or particle properties. ;)

12. MeditationMan

MeditationMan Member

Whoa, that's over my head a little bit. You're deep bro. Deep, I tell ya.

13. GilesC

GilesC Member

LOL!

Simply put, a quantum particle can exhibit both particle properties or wave properties. However, when observing the properties of a quantum particle it can only ever exhibit either particle OR wave properties at the point of observation, it can't exhibit both at the same time.

The double-slit experiment demonstrates that the quantum particles exhibit wave properties (as if the particle goes through both slits at the same time), but then when attempting to observe the particle going through the slits, it only exhibits particle properties and will be observed going through one or the other slit, but not both. Hence, the observer effects the experiment.

;)

Hugs

Giles

14. GilesC

GilesC Member

In answer to your question however...

... duality is referring to the concept that one is seperate from others. "You and I" is a dualistic concept. "I have" is also a dualistic concept, as it implies that something belongs to me and not to you.

When Pan said "To be proud of myself implies duality", this is because he is referring to his ego and that he is looking at himself from the 'outside' with pride. He is observing his pride as something seperate i.e. Him and his pride

Hugs

Giles

15. MeditationMan

MeditationMan Member

Wasn't that in the "What the Bleep do we know" movie?

And thanks for breaking-down the duality statement. It's interesting, because at the sub-atomic level, everything is made up of the same exact element, energy. The only thing that separates the different elements on the periodic scale are the numbers of protons, electrons, and neutrons that exist within the atom.

16. GilesC

GilesC Member

I can't recall, I'd have to dig it out and watch it again. Most likely as there were some quantum physicists involved in that (e.g. Amit Goswami and others). I know of it from reading a lot of stuff about quantum principles and theories.

Agreed. ;)

Hugs

Giles