1. Unfortunately The Project Meditation Community Forum is no longer active. Although registration and the creation of new posts not possible, you can still read and search the forum...

If you are unable to find what you are looking for within the Project Meditation Community please check out our new Blog and/or our Facebook page.

Another New Aussie!

Discussion in 'START HERE: Registration & Introductions' started by TomC, Oct 19, 2008.

1. TomC

TomC Member

Just a quick g’day from another Aussie forum member.

I did a fair amount of Google-searching and found this site. I was very impressed with the overall professional presentation and the friendly/informative forum postings so I thought I’d give it a go.

I’ve never been much of a mediation kind of guy. I’ve tried TM in the past but I just got bored. Same thing with Yoga, but I also got pretty sore (pretty poor flexibility).

I’ve played with light/sound machines for the past 20 years. I bought my first one (an InnerQuest Tutor+) in 1988 and used this a lot to help me relax. When this unit finally broke, I bought a Proteus (~6 years ago) and found that this did about the same thing, maybe a bit better.

One thing I’ve enjoyed with the Proteus is using it with AudioStrobe CD’s. Many of these are very good for quick get-away-from-it-all trips.

I also bought a ThoughtStream bio-feedback unit (from the same Proteus guys, at about the same time) and tried this out. While I was able to move little balls around a computer screen at will (with Mental Games), I’ve never really realised the use of this in real life.

I tried the Centerpoint Holosync program a few years ago (stage 1, Awakening Prologue) but after 9 months of using it religiously 1hour/day, I could not see any benefits and returned it. I got my $’s back, less shipping of course. To be honest, I never got a lot of support from these guys, just a lot of marketing pressure to join the ‘inner circle’, for a lot more $’s.

Along the way, I’ve also tried a few subliminal tapes, but these have not done much for me.

So, now I will try again, starting with the free meditation course (I’m up to disk #3 now) and will probably try level 10 (first $ CD) and see how it goes. I’ll let you all know how I make out.

Cheers,
    TomC

2. Edwin

Edwin Member

Hi Tom !

Welcome to the forum !

I hope we won't let you down, but I know I will try to help you with whatever problem you might encounter ! Nothing is weird here, feel free to open up here and tell us your problems ( maybe it is best to tell only the ones related to meditation tho :p) and we will help out to the best of our knowledge !

Greetings,

Edwin :)

3. celticpeace

celticpeace Member

Welcome TomC

G'day Tom
    Greetings to you from sunny Western Australia. You have connected to a great forum.
    I have just joined and I'm finding it so friendly with great people willing to help. I'm completely new to meditation so I look forward to learning from all participants. Michael's program is excellent and he is so supportive.

Have a great day.
    CelticPeace

4. bashmaki

bashmaki Member

welcome tom you are among fellow experimenters ;)

5. wilks04

wilks04 Member

Aussies..

Hey Tom, my husband and I are new to Lifeflow and the forum also. Nice to see a few aussies here, we are in Qld, although I am originally a kiwi... (I just can't let that one go!) Anyway all the best with the program and look forward to hearing and sharing experiences.
    Cheers.

6. katiekeen

katiekeen Member

Hi from yet another Aussie in Queensland

I have never heard of this type of meditation before and came across Holosync the other day. I have now just purchased Awakening Prologue. I have now found this site and LifeFlow and think I may have been a bit hasty!! I have downloaded the free sample from Lifeflow and will listen to that also. I have also downloaded the free meditation Cd's and unfortunately did not receive the Support Email 1 so no instructions or mantras....

Is this stuff as amazing as it sounds? Can't wait to give it a go and see what happens. :)

7. wilks04

wilks04 Member

Hi katiekeen,

Nice to know of someone close to home that is using Lifeflow. Would love to hear how you're going with it all. I am fairly new to meditation but have been meditating with lifeflow for 2 weeks now. Feeling more relaxed than usual and really positive about everything. I'm excited at the possibilities!

Hope to hear from you.

8. purplevibe

purplevibe Member

I think it is 'as amazing as it sounds', but more importantly, the people on this forum are really amazing, you will find all sorts of support and interesting conversations on meditation and what being a person in the world really, REALLY means, everyone is genuine, which is pretty 'amazing' on the web these days. I really appreciate this myself. Thanks to all of you out there for being so true. Welcome!!! I am fairly new to this myself, after doing about a month on the 'Discover' downloads I am a month into 'Lifeflow' after deliberating about it for a while, it is the BEST thing I ever did! Good luck on your journey! Have a look around the forum...:) I wish you all the best

9. pollyanna

pollyanna Moderator

Hi Katiekeen, if you haven't found them already the instructions and mantra list are bundled with C.D.1 Enjoy :) and I highly recommend the gratitude exercise. Have a great weekend :) :) :)

10. bashmaki

bashmaki Member

Katiekeen,
    This program is truly transfomative if you give it a solid shake. Right Pollyanna???
    gus

11. Divinitywolf

Divinitywolf Member

I agree. It may seem like an advertisement but this will change your life!
    If you're truly dedicated and follow the program through then you will feel the immense benefits pretty quickly.
    Its well worth doing!

Divinitywolf