1. Unfortunately The Project Meditation Community Forum is no longer active. Although registration and the creation of new posts not possible, you can still read and search the forum...

If you are unable to find what you are looking for within the Project Meditation Community please check out our new Blog and/or our Facebook page.

Another Meditation Success Story

Discussion in 'Meditation Chatter Box' started by Montana Keith, Nov 9, 2008.

1. bashmaki

bashmaki Member

I've been really busy also. Job is winding down here because of the frozen ground. People trying to figure out what and where it will happen next.
    I am still on LF 7 and things are shaking loose; which is a good thing. My attitude is improving also so I know I'm nearly ready to move on to LF6. When the old supressed thoughts appear it is with a vengence. One right after the other like pouring milk from a bucket.
    Keith,
    You might try yoga. I love it personally. My wife doesn't dance so I've not danced with anyone but my sisters for years. I love to dance too. Yoga is so much more than just gaining flexability.

gus

2. Montana Keith

Montana Keith Member

Some of My Thoughts on "Resistance"

Gus, Edwin, & others who take time to read and respond to this thread,

Thank you. Your noticing my posts here makes a positive difference in my life. Gus, thanks for the suggestion about yoga. I have been practicing yoga since my dad passed away in 2002. Lately, I've been getting the impression that it would be beneficial for me to take a class again with other people.

The following are some of my latest thoughts on "resistance."

In words attributed to Jesus in his “Sermon on the Mount,” it is written:

“Ye have heard that it hath been said, An eye for an eye, and a tooth for a tooth: But I say unto you, That ye resist not evil: but whosoever shall smite thee on thy right cheek, turn to him the other also.” (Matthew 5:38-39)

Lately, I’ve been pondering what “resist not evil” might mean. According to my good old “Merriam-Webster’s Collegiate Dictionary,” resist is a verb meaning: “to exert oneself so as to counteract or defeat; to withstand the force or effect of.”

Using this same dictionary, I found one of the meanings of evil is that of a noun meaning: “something that brings sorrow, distress, or calamity.”

So, if I am to follow Jesus’s advice to “resist not evil,” then:

“I am NOT to exert myself so as to counteract or defeat—I am NOT to withstand the force or effect of—something that brings sorrow, distress, or calamity."

How very interesting and how very different from how we are usually taught to act. These last few months I have been reading The Sedona Method by Hale Dwoskin, and I have been listening to recordings of live seminars of Hale teaching the Sedona Method. This morning as I was listening to these recordings the following quote by Hale caught my attention:

“Feelings only lie. They tell you that you are going to get from letting go of them what you already have from holding on to them.” (Hale Dwoskin)

The question that comes to my mind then is:

“If resisting is not the answer, then, how might I ‘be’ with and for my feelings as they show up in my awareness?”

I think a part of the answer to this question is found in “The Sedona Method” process. Briefly, when you become aware of “some thing” you are resisting, you are to ask yourself and simply answer “yes” or “no”--without a lot of internal dialogue--to the following questions:

1. COULD you:
    -allow this “some thing” to simply be? (“yes” or “no”)
    -welcome this “some thing” into your presence? (“yes” or “no”)
    -let this “some thing” go? (“yes” or “no”)

2. WOULD you:
    -allow this “some thing” to simply be? (“yes” or “no”)
    -welcome this “some thing” into your presence? (“yes” or “no”)
    -let this “some thing” go? (“yes” or “no”)

3. WHEN will you:
    -allow this “some thing” to simply be?
    -welcome this “some thing” into your presence?
    -let this “some thing” go?

These questions of “COULD you,” “WOULD you,” and “WHEN will you” work as a process of what I like to call “gently inviting.” You are first “invited” to:

-ALLOW this “some thing” to simply be. It is suggested that you might simply allow your feelings to be rather than ignoring or resisting them. Once you are comfortable with “allowing,” then, you are invited to:

-WELCOME this “some thing” into your presence. This “welcoming” is one step up from “allowing.” Now you are treating this “some thing” as a guest—as someone who you value because of the “gift” they are bringing you. What might this “gift” be you may ask. The “gift” is awareness that you “have a blind spot”—that you’ve bought into some kind of lie because of a false or inappropriate belief. This “welcoming” aspect is expressed eloquently in the following poem by Rumi.

The Guest House

This being human is a guest house.
    Every morning a new arrival.

A joy, a depression, a meanness,
    some momentary awareness comes
    as an unexpected visitor.

Welcome and entertain them all!
    Even if they are a crowd of sorrows,
    who violently sweep your house
    empty of its furniture,
    still, treat each guest honorably.
    He may be clearing you out
    for some new delight.

The dark thought, the shame, the malice.
    meet them at the door laughing and invite them in.

Be grateful for whatever comes.
    because each has been sent
    as a guide from beyond.

-- Jelaluddin Rumi (1207-1273)
    translation by Coleman Barks

After you have truly “welcomed” this “some thing” that has shown up in your awareness, then you can move to the next aspect of “not resisting” which is:

-LETTING this “some thing” GO. Once you “allow,” then “welcome” this “some thing,” into your presence—into the “guesthouse” of who you truly are--then you are able to recognize the “gift”—this new level of awareness--this “some thing” is guiding you to. Once this “gift” is truly recognized AND allowed to “guide” you to the truth, then, you can simply thank “it” and LET IT GO. You no longer need to hold on to “it” or hoard “it.” For if you do, then this “some thing” will “breed worms, and stink” just like what happened to the manna that the Children of Israel tried to hoard and “hold on to” rather than trusting in the goodness of God and “letting go.” (See Exodus 16:11-30)

Last edited: Dec 8, 2008
  3. bashmaki

bashmaki Member

This poem by Rumi is one of my favorites. Thanks also for the breakdown of the Sedona Method process. Every little bit helps. I need to get back to this too. Sometimes I get to many irons in the fire and need to let go of some of them for awhile.
    gus

4. Montana Keith

Montana Keith Member

Some of My Latest Experiences

Friends,

This entry is also posted on Mitch's "Complete Surrender" thread. (http://www.project-meditation.org/community/meditation-chatter-box/1210-complete-surrender-2.html#post5703)

Well, here are some of my latest experiences.

Sunday, December 7, 2008: Once a month my friend Geoff and I meet by telephone for our “partnership focusing.” (Partnership Info) Geoff lives in Arkansas; I live in Utah. We each take turns for about 30 minutes providing presence as the one focusing journeys inward as they choose. This morning we met.

Following are some of my experiences while I focused with Geoff:

These are three of the limiting beliefs that I formed while growing up. At the time, I did not realize that I had an option in what I chose to believe.

Limiting Belief #1: Males are superior to females. God only grants authority to act in his name—his priesthood—to males and only to certain males who meet certain criteria.

Limiting Belief #2: The Black race is inferior.

Limiting Belief #3: “Some thing” outside myself knows what's best for me. I do not even know what I feel or how I should feel. This outside “some thing”--whether a parent or a teacher or a religious institution—does know. This belief reaches it's pinnacle in the belief that God is this ultimate outside “some thing.”

Over the last several years I have been experiencing a shift in perspective when it comes to the above three beliefs. Particularly in reference to “limiting belief #1,” the following are some significant milestones in this shift.

--Milestone #1: About three years I go, I discovered a book by Stewart Edward White entitled “The Betty Book.” (http://gutenberg.net.au/ebooks03/0301111.txt ) This book written by a man is the story of his wife Betty's development as a psychic in consciousness. In addition to “The Betty Book,” Mr. White with the assistance of his wife and others wrote several other books in this “Betty” series on books.

--Across the Unknown (http://gutenberg.net.au/ebooks05/0500091.txt)
    --The Unobstructed Universe (http://gutenberg.net.au/ebooks03/0301131.txt)
    --The Road I Know(http://gutenberg.net.au/ebooks03/0301081.txt)
    --The Stars Are Still There (http://gutenberg.net.au/ebooks03/0301091.txt)
    --With Folded Wings (http://gutenberg.net.au/ebooks03/0301201.txt)

--Milestone #2: A little over a month ago, one of my Project Meditation Forum friends—Coenrad from South Africa—mentioned a female Christian mystic, Grace Cooke—whose writings I might be interested in.

Similar to the above Betty White, Grace was a psychic who received and shared valuable spiritual teachings. Her term for God of “Father Mother God” is resonating with me at this time. In the religious tradition in which I was raised God was a man who had a glorified male body. All prayers were to be addressed to “Heavenly Father” and only to him. And while the mythology of my religious tradition left open the possibility that there were also “Heavenly Mothers,” prayers were never to me addressed to these female deities. Prayers were only to be addressed to “Heavenly Father.” In essence, He was the one who would get our words to the divine feminine if, and only if, he felt she needed to hear.

--Milestone #3: Early this morning around 0400 AM, I awoke. I turned on my iPod Touch and went to the Project Meditation Forum. In reading the posts there, I read my dear friend Bhavya post that her spiritual teacher is Amma. Following the link she put in her post, I went to Amma's website. Amma is a living deity. Her name in Hindu means Mother. She is known for her loving motherly hugs which people line up in the thousands to receive.

After expressing these three “limiting beliefs” and these three perceptions shifting “milestones,” the following “mental vision” came to me as I was focusing with my friend Geoff.

It kind of feels like I'm a young boy on an old and slightly beat up bicycle that I'm just learning to ride. The training wheels have been removed, and I'm starting out on my own. I'm pretty wobbly and uncertain right now. I'm moving forward really slowly and swerving back and forth as I move ahead. “Logically,” my mind is telling me that this is impossible—that there is no way that this “unstable” bike should even be standing. If I listen to this “logical fear,” I slow down even more, and sure enough, the bike falls over and I crash to the ground. In fear, I stand with my legs straddling my bike and my feet firmly on the ground—stuck and unwilling to move ahead. But not now. Now in this moment, I'm moving forward determinedly with a good number of wobbly back and forth swerves. At first, I believe I'm all alone. I believe that it is all up to me to keep this “dang” bike upright and to continue to forge ahead. And then for some reason, I become aware that I'm not alone—that I've never been alone. To both sides I start to notice “spiritual guides and friends” who are running along beside me—who are ever present and ready to offer a “steadying hand” if I start to fall. My vision continues to expand. I start to notice that I'm surrounded by a whole flow of humanity moving forward. Some are on bikes like mine with the training wheels off for the first time. Others are still on tricycles and bicycles with training wheels still on. Some people are on roller skates and roller blades. It is like a grand celebration—like an old fashioned Fourth of July Parade. And then wonder of wonders, I sense riders on thin tired English racing bikes whizzing along with me to either side. And then all of us riders and all of our various riding conveyances start to dematerialize into “sparkles of light”--sparkles of light that are a rainbow of glorious colors that are all flowing together as a beautiful stream of Life of Light of Love.

5. Bhavya

Bhavya Member

Feeling grateful

Hi Keith
    That's such a great vision - learning to ride on a wobbly bike, realizing that you're not alone. Some years back I discovered my Guides and Teachers and have found that when I call on them, things take a remarkable turn for the better. Even mundane things like where the heck are my keys! When I ask, I receive, especially when I let go and relax. Of course I don't get everything I ask for, but I trust that what I do get is within the realm of my higher good and the other things, like enlightenment, need more time! :p

And now, the big things I ask for are simpler, like help me be an instrument of peace. Guide me. Let me be of service. Help me to let go of all that obstructs my spiritual upliftment. My path now, in this third part of my life :eek: is very different from when I was young and raising children :rolleyes: and I expect it to just get better and better! :):):)

Lifeflow and this forum has been of great benefit to me, along with so many other gifts - like Amma - I am so very grateful for all of it and all of you who share your process

Love and blessings to you all
    Bhavya

6. Montana Keith

Montana Keith Member

Merry Christmas

Friends,
    Thank you for your presence as I share some of my thoughts here. Please know. Your gift of presence is so appreciated and so beneficial to me. It allows me to “find my way.” I love these words.

“To sit and listen while someone talks and allow that person to be with her feelings and experience her emotions without comment, and to create a safe space for that person to find her way through whatever passage she is making is an act of service.”

(As found in Caroline Myss’ book Invisible Acts of Power, p. 186)

At this time in my life, one of the things I'm grateful for is my good friend and fellow Project Meditation forum member Darren, aka D. James Albert, from Australia. Currently, I am on page 305 of his 345 page book The Realization System. If any of you are interested in learning practical ways how to implement the “law of attraction” into your lives, I highly recommend that you consider reading and pondering this excellent book. (See: The Realization System )

In the next part of this post, I refer to Jesus and his teachings. Please know that I’m not trying to preach to or convert anyone here. In fact, I no longer affiliate myself with organized religion of any persuasion. However, I want to acknowledge and honor the religious traditions in which I was raised. I was schooled in the Christian tradition. Therefore, I frequently refer to teachings from the Bible. I imagine if I had been raised Hindu, I would quote from the Vedas and Upanishads. If Muslim, I would quote from the Qur’an. And if Taoist, I would probably quote from Lao Tzu’s Tao Te Ching. However, raised as I was, the words from the Bible are what I’m familiar with. As time permits, I look forward to reading these other great religious texts. I am confident that many of the words there will be very similar to those of Jesus in the Bible.

I am grateful that I am becoming aware of and meeting people who are humble and who aren’t concerned with getting the credit or taking credit undeservedly. I am reminded of how one of my favorite teachers, Jesus, responded to praise.

And when he was gone forth into the way, there came one running, and kneeled to him, and asked him, Good Master, what shall I do that I may inherit eternal life? And Jesus said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God. Thou knowest the commandments, Do not commit adultery, Do not kill, Do not steal, Do not bear false witness, Defraud not, Honour thy father and mother. And he answered and said unto him, Master, all these have I observed from my youth. Then Jesus beholding him loved him, and said unto him, One thing thou lackest: go thy way, sell whatsoever thou hast, and give to the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come, take up the cross, and follow me. And he was sad at that saying, and went away grieved: for he had great possessions. (Mark 10:17-22)

Concerning humility, one of my favorite writers the Trappist monk Thomas Merton wrote:

The humble man receives praise the way a clean window takes the light of the sun. The truer and more intense the light is, the less you see of the glass. . . .

If you were truly humble you would not bother about yourself at all. Why should you? You would only be concerned with God and with His will and with the objective order of things and values as they are, and not as your selfishness wants them to be. Consequently you would have no more illusions to defend. Your movements would be free. You would not need to be hampered with excuses which are really only framed to defend you against the accusation of pride—as if your humility depended on what other people thought of you!

A humble man can do great things with an uncommon perfection because he is no longer concerned about incidentals, like his own interests and his own reputation, and therefore he no longer needs to waste his efforts in defending them.

For a humble man is not afraid of failure. In fact, he is not afraid of anything, even of himself, since perfect humility implies perfect confidence in the power of God, before Whom no other power has any meaning and for Whom there is no such thing as an obstacle.

Humility is the surest sign of strength.
    (New Seeds of Contemplation, 192-193)

Like the man who came to Jesus above, I am not yet at the point of “selling whatsoever I have” and trusting in the goodness of God, of the Source, of the Universal Mind, of whatever name you choose to call the Divine Source of Love from whence we all sprang. However, there is a part of me that I’m noticing that is starting to grow. It is like a pin-point of light that lies buried deep within. Maybe it would be more accurate to say that my awareness of this pin-point of light deep within is what is starting to grow. And I believe—I have faith—that I have the capability of awakening to this truth of who I am. I love these words of the Apostle John in the New Testament:

Behold, what manner of love the Father hath bestowed upon us, that we should be called the sons of God: therefore the world knoweth us not, because it knew him not. Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is. And every man that hath this hope in him purifieth himself, even as he is pure. (1 John 3:1-3)

One of the things suggested in Darren’s book The Realization System is to make and prioritize a list of my desires. This is proving more difficult than I thought it would be. The questions I ask myself are:

“What do I desire more than anything else in the world? What is the “pearl of great price” that I will give up “all else” in order to obtain?

In referring to this very thing, Jesus said:

Again, the kingdom of heaven is like unto treasure hid in a field; the which when a man hath found, he hideth, and for joy thereof goeth and selleth all that he hath, and buyeth that field. Again, the kingdom of heaven is like unto a merchant man, seeking goodly pearls: Who, when he had found one pearl of great price, went and sold all that he had, and bought it. (Matthew 13:44-46)

Recorded in the book of Luke in response to a question put to him of the Pharisees, Jesus replied:

And when he was demanded of the Pharisees, when the kingdom of God should come, he answered them and said, The kingdom of God cometh not with observation: Neither shall they say, Lo here! or, lo there! for, behold, the kingdom of God is within you. (Luke 17:20-21)

The Amplified version of the Bible translates the above passage like this:

Asked by the Pharisees when the kingdom of God would come, He replied to them by saying, The kingdom of God does not come with signs to be observed or with visible display, Nor will people say, Look! Here [it is]! or, See, [it is] there! For behold, the kingdom of God is within you [in your hearts] and among you [surrounding you]. (Amplified Bible Luke 17:20-21)

Now, I’m not a Bible theologian by any means. However, I sense that the “kingdom of heaven” and the “kingdom of God” are in essence the same thing. They are two sides of the same coin. They are the deepest most longings of every human heart. This “universal desire” is “within” each person [in our hearts] AND it is “among” us [surrounds us].

The Apostle Paul explained this universal longing for relationship with the Divine when he wrote:

That they should seek the Lord, if haply they might feel after him, and find him, though he be not far from every one of us: For in him we live, and move, and have our being; as certain also of your own poets have said, For we are also his offspring. (Acts 17:27-28)

One of my favorite Christmas songs is “Grown-up Christmas List” (music by David Foster; lyrics by Linda Thompson-Jenner; and sung by Amy Grant) Here are the lyrics:

Do you remember me?
    I sat upon your knee
    I wrote to you with childhood fantasies
    Well, I'm all grown-up now
    Can you still help somehow?
    I'm not a child, but my heart still can dream

So here's my lifelong wish
    My grown-up Christmas list
    Not for myself, but for a world in need

No more lives torn apart
    That wars would never start
    And time would heal all hearts
    Every man would have a friend
    That right would always win
    And love would never end
    This is my grown-up Christmas list

What is this illusion called the innocence of youth?
    Maybe only in that blind belief can we ever find the truth

No more lives torn apart
    And love would never end

This is my only lifelong wish

I’m somehow sensing that the desire expressed in this stanza:

No more lives torn apart
    And love would never end

is in very essence what the “kingdom of heaven” or the “kingdom of God” that we all long for is all about. It is the desire that is planted in every human heart to return home—to return to God.

So, what I desire more than anything else in the world is to “return home to God who created me and gave me life.” And the paradox of it is that this desire will never be found in anything outside of myself. It will not be found in amassing great treasures of financial wealth. It will not be found in physical objects and possessions like new cars and swimming pools and palatial homes. It will not be found in robust physical health and physical beauty. And yet these very “outside” types of things will be mine—they will be added unto me—if I first seek “the kingdom of God, and his righteousness.”

At this Christmas Season, the wisdom of the words of the great teacher Jesus resonate with the desires of my heart.

Lay not up for yourselves treasures upon earth, where moth and rust doth corrupt, and where thieves break through and steal: But lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust doth corrupt, and where thieves do not break through nor steal: For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also. . . . Therefore take no thought, saying, What shall we eat? or, What shall we drink? or, Wherewithal shall we be clothed? (For after all these things do the Gentiles seek) for your heavenly Father knoweth that ye have need of all these things. But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you. Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof. (Matthew 6: 19-21 & 31-34)

And so if my greatest desire is to “seek first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness,” then I wonder how I might do this most wisely and efficiently.

Once again, the following words of hope and guidance from Thomas Merton’s New Seeds of Contemplation come to mind:

Therefore there is only one problem on which all my existence, my peace and my happiness depend: to discover myself in discovering God. If I find Him I will find myself and if I find my true self I will find Him.

But although this looks simple, it is in reality immensely difficult. In fact, if I am left to myself it will be utterly impossible. For although I can know something of God’s existence and nature by my own reason, there is no human and rational way in which I can arrive at that contact, that possession of Him, which will be the discovery of Who He really is and of Who I am in Him.

That is something that no man can ever do alone.

Nor can all the men and all the created things in the universe help him in this work.

The only One Who can teach me to find God is God, Himself, Alone. (p. 38) . . .

This then is what it means to seek God perfectly: to withdraw from illusion and pleasure, from worldly anxieties and desires, from the works that God does not want, from a glory that is only human display; to keep my mind free from confusion in order that my liberty may be always at the disposal of His will; to entertain silence in my heart and listen for the voice of God; to cultivate an intellectual freedom from the images of created things in order to receive the secret contact of God in obscure love; to love all men as myself; to rest in humility and to find peace in withdrawal from conflict and competition with other men; to turn aside from controversy and put away heavy loads of judgment and censorship and criticism and the whole burden of opinions that I have no obligation to carry; to have a will that is always ready to fold back within itself and draw all powers of the soul down from its deepest center to rest in silent expectancy for the coming of God, poised in tranquil and effortless concentration upon the point of my dependence on Him; to gather all that I am, and have all that I can possibly suffer or do or be, and abandon them all to God in the resignation of a perfect love and blind faith and pure trust in God, to do His will.

And then to wait in peace and emptiness and oblivion of all things.

Bonum est praestolari cum silentio salutare Dei. ("It is good to wait in silence for the salvation of God.") (pp. 47-48) . . .

If nothing that can be seen can either be God or represent Him to us as He is, then to find God we must pass beyond everything that can be seen and enter into darkness. Since nothing that can be heard is God, to find Him we must enter into silence.

Since God cannot be imagined, anything our imagination tells us about Him is ultimately misleading and therefore we cannot know Him as He really is unless we pass beyond everything that can be imagined and enter into obscurity without images and without likeness of any created thing.

And since God cannot be seen or imagined, the visions of God we read of the saints having are not so much vision of Him as visions about Him; for to see any limited form is not to see Him.
    (pp. 134-135)

Thank you for your presence and attention as I expressed myself. I wish each of you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year! With love, --Keith :)

7. bashmaki

bashmaki Member

Hey keith,
    Thanks for reminding me to get in touch with "gus the younger" and see how the little bugger is doing. That poem reminded me of this. I'll be advancing CD's again soon and may need his help!!

gus

8. Edwin

Edwin Member

Wow Keith...

Thank you so much for sharing your thoughts and insights.
    They are really helpfull !

From what I read in all the quote's, both from Bible as well as other sources, it seems that numerous people over the past centuries have "found salvation" or, in today's words, "reached enlightenment".

Summing up the things I recognised from all those wonderfull quotes you posted:

-You can only reach enlightenment by looking inside. You will never reach it anywhere else.
    -By silence, or today's popular word "stilness" you can receive enlightenment
    -When you do, you recognise God ( or if you aren't religious "the Universe") inside you, as part of you and you part of God.

There is more wisdom to be found in the quote's, but these spoke to me.

Thank you again, who knows what you will trigger within us with your insights !

9. bashmaki

bashmaki Member

Each day I ask two questions; one during meditation and one after.
    1) What am I?
    2)How can I help; how I can be of service?

10. Montana Keith

Montana Keith Member

The Sedona Method

Often when I drive to work in the morning, I listen to recordings of Hale Dwoskin teaching “The Sedona Method” Sedona Method (official site) The Secret self-help program; self-improvement technique to a group of people in one of his live seminars. Today, I re-heard—this is my third time through the recordings—something that resonated with me deeply. I thought others of you might find it useful too. Here’s to joy on your journey. –Keith :)

The “Six” Steps of The Sedona Method
    By Hale Dwoskin as recorded in a life seminar. Typed and arranged in this form by Keith Jensen

Feelings [as used by the ego] only lie. They tell you that you are going to get from letting go of them what you already have from holding on to them.” (Hale Dwoskin)

Let’s go over the six steps. So, these six steps are a summation of everything that we have been doing so far. And, they’re kind of the nuts and bolts behind the basic process that we call “The Sedona Method.”

Step 1: “DESIRE freedom, or your goal, more than anything else.”
    And, the first step is: Desire freedom, or your goal, more than you want APPROVAL, CONTROL, SECURITY or SEPARATION or ONENESS. If you’re “wanting” any of those wants more, that’s what you’ll get. You’ll get the “wanting” as opposed to the freedom, or the goal. And again, it’s NOT a have to, or must do or should do. It’s just something that if you are aware of you’ll notice that as you let go, your desire for that freedom that you already are, and for your goal, will increase, and your holding on to these wants will decrease.

Step 2: “DECIDE that you can release and be free.”
    The next thing is: Simply decide that you can release and be free. If there’s any doubt, just simply let that go. It’s really just a decision to decide that you can do the method, that you can let go, that you can have your goals and be the freedom that you already are.

Step 3: “ALLOW yourself to perceive that your feelings culminate in these wants of “wanting”: approval, control, security, separation, or oneness.”
    Three is: Allow yourself to perceive that the feelings that you experience from moment to moment culminate in these wants: the wanting approval, control, security and separation [or oneness.] If you start to perceive that, what you’ll notice is that—a lot of you have already noticed that—just in the perceiving of it, you drop it. You let it go. It dissolves all by itself. You don’t actually have to effort at it.

Step 4: “MAKE releasing a constant practive in your life.”
    And then step four is: Make its use constant. As you release—as you get into the habit of releasing in life—you’ll find that you naturally want to do it more. You’ll naturally find that letting go becomes more natural—more part of your every moment experience. And as you do that, you’ll also discover that even without letting go, you feel more whole, complete, and perfect as you are—more at rest. And that too is nurtured and okay. You don’t have to force that. Just allow that to be there.

Step 5: “LET GO of wanting to change or control.”
    And then if you’re stuck, let go of wanting to change or control the stuckness. Now, that stuckness—by the way—if it happens, doesn’t mean that there’s something wrong. It doesn’t mean that you’re doing it wrong. Because you’ll notice that the mind does fight this. It’s not always willing to not suffer. Because suffering is part of the purpose of the mind. Part of what it does is that it creates conflict. Part of what it does is: It creates conflict so it can solve conflict. It makes you suffer. And then, it pretends that “it’s saving the day.” You’ve probably noticed that. It’s the one causing the trouble a lot of the time anyway by its artificial polarities that it generates—This is right; this is wrong. This is good; this is bad. And that’s causing the suffering. And then, it tries to help you get out of it. It’s like the cop trying to arrest himself, or putting the thief in charge of the safe. But, that’s what we do. But as you keep letting go, what you notice is that the mind no longer is your master. It becomes your servant. And if you find yourself getting stuck, simply let go of “wanting” to change or control the stuckness. One of the ways, by the way, you can do that is: If you’re having a hard time letting go in any moment, then, give yourself permission to hold on—just for now. In giving yourself permission to hold on, just for now, then, you can make a new choice. So, if you’re feeling stuck at all—which could feel overwhelmed; I don’t want to do this anymore; get me out of here; or like you feel that you’ve hit a wall with releasing, or in life, simply either let go of “wanting” to change it, or let yourself be with what is for a moment. Let yourself hold on if you are. And then you can always make a new choice.

Step 6: “REALIZE that you already HAVE and ARE all that you desire.”
    And the last step is step six. And that is: Each time you do this process you’ll feel lighter and freer and more effective. And that the more you do that the more you’ll notice that. And it generates a momentum. And it also helps re-enforce the first step. The more you see this works—the more you see that freedom is here and now and really possible to you—the more your desire for it increases until that drops away too, and you realize that you already HAVE it; you already ARE it. And you’ve BEEN that all along.

Last edited: Dec 21, 2008