1. Unfortunately The Project Meditation Community Forum is no longer active. Although registration and the creation of new posts not possible, you can still read and search the forum...

If you are unable to find what you are looking for within the Project Meditation Community please check out our new Blog and/or our Facebook page.

Another Ex-Centerpointe

Discussion in 'START HERE: Registration & Introductions' started by HeadTraffic, Sep 19, 2009.

1. HeadTraffic

HeadTraffic Member

Greetings! I realized I never posted here since having started LifeFlow months ago...

I tried out Holosync for about 3-4 months last year and although I felt I had some success, both the cost of the full program and the incessant marketing turned me off. Well, like many others, that's how I got here. :)

I'm on LifeFlow 9 currently. To be honest, I have mixed thoughts as to which program has had more benefits or more effect on me. I felt a lot of changes 2 months after starting Holosync. I'm not sure if it was because this was the first time I started meditating or if it was from the different initial entrainment frequencies (Alpha vs. Delta). So far, I have not felt any changes since using LifeFlow 10 for 2 months.

I'm patient and anxious to see what effect, if any, LifeFlow 9 brings. :D

2. seatrend8899

seatrend8899 Member

Welcome to PM HeadTraffic!

It is interesting to read that you have tried Holosync. One key to mention is whether one decides to use Holosync or LifeFlow is the element of time. All programs of entrainment require a span of time for benefits to be rendered. I currently use level LF6 which is in the theta range and it is certainly noticed such as compared to the Alpha levels.
    The main point to mention is that LifeFlow has optimal benefits when used as a guided meditation tool. I have measures to take to improve my meditation practice yet on the basis of entrainment alone I find a very deep body relaxation via LF levels use. On that basis alone I am encouraged to proceed on my long journey. The good part about LF is that all levels can be used as a "toolkit" in the future which is a major difference compared to Holosync.

shine on :):)

jim

3. HeadTraffic

HeadTraffic Member

I'm not sure what you meant by this comparison?

Yes, Holosync goes into Delta right away and doesn't have Alpha-only levels. LF10 (Alpha) felt very different and didn't mess around with my mind at all. I guess I don't understand the benefits of Alpha meditating.

4. Itlandm

Itlandm Member

5. seatrend8899

seatrend8899 Member

Hi Headtraffic,
    By "toolkit" i guess I was referring to the fact that the "spectrum" of the entrainment range is known with LifeFlow. As Itlandm pointed out there are unique aspects of each LifeFlow level that allow persons that have worked through all levels to cascade back and forth through them using them as desired for guided meditation.

shine on :) :)

jim

6. HeadTraffic

HeadTraffic Member

OK. So it sounds like you can go back and forth on the different tracks. I was just reading this post on the EMF radiation reduction in LF7, I can see e.g. for EMF you could listen to it multiple times.

From my Holosync experience, I remember the Centerpointe literature called out that after finishing a level, you don't need to go back to it again since your brain learned all the benefits of it (or something like that). So the LF tracks don't provide that benefit, too?

7. seatrend8899

seatrend8899 Member

Hi Headtraffic,
    I guess I view the entrainment stimulation effect on the brain pathways in the same sense as exercising ones muscles. That is why I liked the graduated approach that LifeFlow takes. From my perspective "dive" and "immersion" is like trying to run a marathon then taking up jogging. And LifeFlow stresses meditation use as Centerpointe does not.

jim

8. Edwin

Edwin Member

Actually the danger is that people try to compare LifeFlow and Holosync.

Yet, they are so infinately different in approach, that they are like apples and pears.
    Yes, both systems are based on entrainment, just like apples and pears are both fruit.

But they are both unique and as far as I know, none of the PM crew is after "stealing away customers" from holosync.
    Those people that have switched from holosync to LifeFlow have done this based on price at first, and according to the various testimonials I have read, they are quite satisfied with LifeFlow.

Which system is better ? I won't go into that, it is at it's very best just one opinion from a biased LifeFlow user, and should not be taken serious as such.
    Like PM sais, the advantage is in meditation, and the only thing entrainment programs can do is accellerate the process.

Looking at the price of LifeFlow, I would say that there is no harm in trying just a few more levels before going back to Holosync.
    The LifeFlow range will end at a certain point, so you won't keep on paying for years. After having finished the LifeFlow series you can always return to Holosync if that fits you better.
    I am a firm believer that at least one of the levels of LifeFlow will blow you over. I have yet to find an active forum user that hasn't at one point posted that he was "blown away" by the next level he received.

my 2 cents ;)

9. pollyanna

pollyanna Moderator

Hi there Headtraffic, I understand exactly how you feel - it's hard to know who and what product to trust when all you want are good results and proof that it will work for you especially when you are investing time and money.

All I can offer you is my perspective - Having tried many ways to meditate, including T.M. I really didn't notice anything. The lady who came to my home seemed nice, however I felt uncomfortable with the unexpected initiation and her being with me while I tried to meditate. When I practised on my own I just thought it was something I found difficult to master.

Then I tried Holosync for a couple of years. In the very beginning, I felt quite strange and this concerned me so I contacted them. The person I dealt with seemed both uncaring and uninterested and I felt less assured than before - but still I carried on :eek: I didn't notice the kind of results I'd read about in my day to day life yet I still persevered.

Then, almost 3 years ago I met Michael Mackenzie. I was surprized that he was giving away the complete course of Discover Meditation because it contained more than what I had paid £1,500 for with T.M.

Then I tried LifeFlow and the rest is history - I always wanted to meditate to help me develop more clarity in business and get in touch with my higher consciousness - and I have - the best thing for me is I got so much more than I bargained for :)

Over the last couple of years, I have realised just how versatile the LifeFlow series is and I now understand how LifeFlow works so well compared to other entrainment tracks. Like Jim says, it is a genuine lifelong tool.

Of course you don't need to use it for the rest of your life but with the difference it has made to my life, there's no reason I would want to stop.

I know I sound like an advert for LifeFlow, goodness knows, I tell lots of people about it. Some have beneffited like me and some people's eyes kind of glaze over (then I know it's time for me to be quiet and remember the saying "You can lead a horse to water but you can't make it drink it")

Maybe it's horses for courses. For me, Michael Mackenzie's the guy. He's dramatically improved this life and the lives of my family.

I wish you many wonderful benefits, peace and joy on your journey of self discovery :) :) :)

10. seatrend8899

seatrend8899 Member

Thanks

Thanks Edwin and Pollyanna,

Excellent responses.........:):):):)

I am going to save your two posts for future PM members that ask about the difference between LF and other products.

jim

11. pollyanna

pollyanna Moderator

You're very welcome Jim and thankyou :) and I agree, great response as always Edwin - I must have been answering the question when you posted so didn't see your post until now - wishing you both much peace and joy :) :) :)

12. HeadTraffic

HeadTraffic Member

Thanks for everyone's input! After trying 2 different mediation methods, it's difficult not to compare them.

I had some questions on using the downloadable MP3s vs the tracks available on CDs. Is there a difference in their effect or "potency"? On the topic of comparison :p, Centerpointe advised not to compress tracks into MP3s, so of course I was concerned when MP3 was the downloadable format for LF. Is that an unfounded concern? Is it better with the CDs?

13. pollyanna

pollyanna Moderator

14. HeadTraffic

HeadTraffic Member

Thanks for the quick reply, Pollyanna, and thanks for posting the thread link. I tried searching first but the minimum search word is 4 letters, which gave me trouble when looking for "MP3".

Another question: so, with that "other" program, it was recommended that you listen to tracks with new frequencies 3 to 6 to 12 months between. Reading this post by Michael, 1-2 months is recommended. I'm interested in why there is such a difference in recommended listening time. If someone's on the LF "payment plan", should they just start using the next level when they get the new download, or should they really not advance until they're ready... which kinda makes you lay out more money in advance.

15. pollyanna

pollyanna Moderator

Hi again HeadTraffic, initially the tracks were available in a way where people would order LF7 or even LF1 after listening to LF10. Although it's natural for people to be curious they wouldn't benefit as much by doing this and so the current way was set up and seems to work better.

Like me, some people move on after one month - others move on after two or even more - here's another link which explains why 30 - 60 days is a general recommend:-

http://www.project-meditation.org/c.../1437-experiences-lf-9-lf-1-a-2.html#post7113

Hope this helps and I wish you continued peace and joy :) :) :)

16. BS

BS Member

hi all, reading through..... so interesting, you are all so well knowledgeable on this, its amazing :)

but just wanted to say that i do mine every other month, and pay for it that way too.

when i signed up i just asked if i could do it bi-monthly so every other month i get my download, then when im ready i move on i do.

hope my little bit helped :p

love and peace to all xx

17. Edwin

Edwin Member

That is a really good way to advance :) monthly will probably work too, but this way you can be really sure that you don't rush into things.
    Usually "resistance" in any form can be a sign that you should wait with advancing. If you dislike the sound of a new track, or when meditation isn't peacefull like your previous level, these are signs that you need some more time with this level. And some kind of breakthrough will come once this level is accepted by you :)